ZAM Launches New EQII Site

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Calthine, Apr 22, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Val Guest

Calthine wrote:
    That would be great. I just use IE.
  2. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Valsehna@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Which version?
  3. ARCHIVED-Val Guest

IE7 currently. Thanks for the efforts!
  4. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Thursday. Stopped holding my breath for the EU server support. Oh well, back to Wikia.
  5. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Wikia has real-time broker and drop rate stats? Who knew!
  6. ARCHIVED-Giralus Guest

i like the free 10 day WOW trial on the side of the page /nice touch that
  7. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Giralus wrote:
    I ROFL'd
  8. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    While it doesn't have these things, what Wikia does have is the ability for me to correct any information I see as incorrect.
    Spending a few hours on Zam since it launched, I have seen several mob loot tables that are outright incorrect, mobs that are in the wrong place, mobs that are missing all together and broker info that was never accurate.
    While Wikia has incorrect information on it, I am able to correct it when I see it. With the SoE submitted data, even though it has glaring mistakes, I am unable to do anything about it.
    Even if for no other reason than this, Wikia is currently winning imo. When Zam gets complete and accurate info it will be amazing, but that is not currently the case.
  9. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Noaani wrote:
    Workin' on it!
  10. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Nothing real time about the broker info.
    Id say eq2 players is more up to date lmao.....and we all know how much of a failure eq2players is
  11. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

I used a bit the recipe part. It's great, especially the ressources needed (even if infos are incomplete in some cases). It's still way better than whant you had before or what Niami had on EQ2traders. Without all those missing recipes, changed recipes and so on that made all databases false to some extend. Not sure you'll be able to add localised servers as we have a lot of items that don't show the same numbers as english items (and so a lot of links don't work from our servers to other servers).
  12. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Whilhelmina@Storms wrote:
    Niami and I despaired trying to keep up with recipes by hand!
  13. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Yep, and I never tried on my own website. I always thought it couldn't be done at all. Even the databases that are just posting items like lootdb are off because of all the removed/changed items so, for recipes, it was always worse. I'm really happy for both of you, this change is really great.
  14. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

My oh my. I was cruisin' the intarwebs today and thought I'd hit the Zam site for giggles. Guess what? No broker feeds for the EU servers. What a surprise. LULZ inc.
  15. ARCHIVED-MDKUK Guest

Today is the 1st of June.... exactly 41 days after you started up the new ZAM site.
    28 "working" days and still no answer about the EU servers?
    This is the right way to lose potential customers, I mean cmon you posted on the 1st of may tto say that it was being looked into! laughable to say the least.
  16. ARCHIVED-MDKUK Guest

Day 43
    And all was quiet in the ZAM brother house...........
  17. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Dont worry the broker feature is bout worthless because it lists things that arent for sale and is very far from real time.
  18. ARCHIVED-MDKUK Guest

19. ARCHIVED-Wrapye Guest

There are other glitches as well. Try finding a zone listing for either zone added in GU51. Changes to loot tables that were made in February are still not showing up. Not all the mobs for zones that are listed are present. Given that, who knows how long it will take their database to sync up to the new spell/combat art naming scheme coming in GU52.
  20. ARCHIVED-MDKUK Guest

Sent Calthine a PM yesterday, No reply, so do I take that as a can't be bothered reply?