ZAM Launches New EQII Site

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Calthine, Apr 22, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

ZAM, in partnership with SOE, is pleased to present the new EQII ZAM Site! This new site incorporates game data from SOE with player guides and comments from the old site to bring you a new level of game information. New features include:
    • A live Broker feed that allows you to track sales, items, and their pricing data across all servers
    • Loc's and other detailed information on every mob
    • Drop information of every item, including drop tables with exact percentages
    • Quest data from the game
    • Complete recipe information
    All wrapped up in a new, easy to use interface! That does not involve green! Enjoy the new site at http://eq2.zam.com
    Almost forgot! We'd love your feedback here: http://eq2.zam.com/forum.html?forum...73568604;page=1
  2. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

/sets off numerous and impressive fireworks!!!
    Woot!
  3. ARCHIVED-Isisalthea Guest

Interesting. I like how the collections pages also link to broker prices. I am glad you kept the individual comments attached to the quests. A totally new look to get used to, but generally I found it very easy to navigate. Broker looks interesting.
    Good job over all I would say. Grats on the new site!!!
  4. ARCHIVED-Lorzus Guest

I'm looking forward to playing around with this some :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Isisalthea@The Bazaar wrote:
    That was something that was very important to those of us on the EQ2 team at ZAM. The community helped develop and shape and update the quests through their comments. And, we didn't want to lose that. The same goes for the Wiki pages. Much of those pages are player contributed. And, to lose that would be to throw away the personable feel of the site as well as all the hard work the players put in to their contributions.
  6. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

So, what does this mean for EQ2Players?
  7. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    Good question. I've never compared the two myself, since I can't see my paperdoll or my rankings or anything like that on ZAM. Nor could I check the broker for the status of my store or cost of an item on EQ2Players. Personally, I think they're Apples and Oranges. But, that's just my opinion. I still pay to use EQ2Players.
  8. ARCHIVED-Liandra Guest

you seem to be missing the brokers for Runnyeye and Splitpaw. Or is this just a US Server only feature?
  9. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Liandra wrote:
    Its being looked in to at the moment. :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Vendolyn Guest

Cal and the rest of the 'Zam staff: the new site is wonderful! I love the theme, and most importantly, the Fan Faire Contest! If only I didn't already book everything, this would be a fun thing to work towards.
    Kudos to all of you!
  11. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

That's Right! You beat me to my official post :)
  12. ARCHIVED-GlitterPaws Guest

Looks fantastic! Like the layout.....for the most part. I'm finding the recipes cumbersome and the inability to filter/sort by which character class you are crafting something is frustrating. However, I am still wading through the newness and know that stuff is getting looked at AND I may have overlooked a crucial link or field ))
    With 15,000 plus recipes no wonder Den Mum was getting, er, feisty about updating the Traders database. I had NOOOOOOO idea there were that many recipes in game! Gives a much greater appreciation of what serious crafters really contribute to the various sites.
    Cheers and Congrats. I wave my paws and do a happy rat dance for y'all.
  13. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

GlitterPaws wrote:
    That's one of the reasons we never tackled them before when we were still hand-farming data!
  14. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

OH! And you guys just copied the log ins from the old site. Noice!
    For a minute there I thought someone had taken my name which would have ticked me right off (and in fact had until I decided to try my own password and discovered it was me). :p
  15. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Snowdonia@Runnyeye wrote:
    Funny how that works huh? ;)
    Glad we didn't tick you off and hope you're enjoying the new site. :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Is it just me, or is the bestiary for a few zones still missing?
    I noticed it first with Najenas Hollow Tower (wanted to see the actual percentage for the ring to drop), and when I saw that no info for that zone existed, I tried a few others.
    A few of the TSO zones have no info at all, none of the TSO raid zones have info, and of the lower level zones I loked at, Chamber of Immortality was the only one I noticed without any info.
    Is it just info you need to run through a script, or is it info SoE have not supplied you guys yet?
  17. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Noaani wrote:
    We're still missing a few things but actively working with SOE to get them, if it's missing now we should have it really soon.
  18. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Cool, what is there is great so far, so I'm looking forward to it all being in place.
    Curious though, is there a plan for new zones added to the game? Will the bestiary and items be updated as it goes live, as it is discovered, or just when SoE get around to sending you guys the data?
  19. ARCHIVED-Chookadook Guest

So does this mean SOE is going to start allowing XML feed to more than just ZAM? I mean that is great and all ZAM was able to finagle an inside deal with Sony, but you guys were promising XML Feeds shortly after launch, and every inquiry was met with, "its coming soon" and "its still on the table".
    So SOE are you going to allow other sites to take from a feed system and stop having to run miners through your websites which only hurts both parties?
    And this isn't a jab at ZAM, I'm excited they were able to finally get SOE to deliver a stream, good for them, its frustrating that its been 5 years and you still haven't deliverd on the feed some of the rest of us have been asking about ;) I pay for EQ2Players on my main account and it is horribly lackluster, ZAM on steroids is what EQ2Players should have been. Hire a webapp developer and let them bring EQ2Players up to speed, it should be something people want to pay for and it shouldn't be as buggy as it is (inaccurate data | signatures broken | etc...) If you don't want to take time to make eq2players what it is, at least let us have a feed so we can make fan sites that do what it should have done or at the very least feeds that we can work into our own Guild websites easier than mining.
  20. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Initial impressions.
    1. The site is a little touchy with all the ads flying around it. Too easy to click the wrong thing by accident. Overall not impressed with the layout of the site but purely from an ergonomics point of view.
    2. Disappointed that non US servers do not have the online broker activated.
    3. Deeply dismayed at the number of zones apparently not populated in the beastiary. First 3 zones I looked at. Tomb of the Mad Crusader - no beastiary. VP seems ok. Scornfeather Roost - no beastiary. Pretty high "fail" rate for a site what suggests "a few" zones yet to be linked to the database.
    4. Not sure as to the use of the drop rate indicators other than to provide a basis for the conspiracy theorists to start still more threads about the RNG.
    Conclusion:
    Employ a website designer to make the site a little more user friendly.