ZAM Launches New EQII Site

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Calthine, Apr 22, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Alienor Guest

I wonder if the localised servers are really missed at all (or if the English broker information would be helpful for them). RE and Splitpaw are different as they are running the same content in the same language as the US servers but are populated more by folks living in GMT
  2. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Friday, and still no sign of the non US server brokers. Just be honest with us you guys, you have no intention of causing waves with SOE to try and get this sorted have you? Either that or you've been told it ain't going to happen and you haven't got the balls to come right out and tell us. Honesty that's all we want.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Holymoly@Runnyeye wrote:
    And, that's exactly what you're getting. Ticket has been submitted and we are waiting to hear back regarding an ETA. As soon as we know.. we'll let you know. :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

And what about all the missing/incorrect data?
  5. ARCHIVED-Kordran Guest

Holymoly@Runnyeye wrote:
    I presume that you've never heard of lootdb.com? Welcome to the intarwebs!
  6. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Noaani wrote:
    We're working with SOE on that.
  7. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Kordran wrote:
    *nod* There's been resources that have drops for a while, like lootdb and eq2llinks. This data just comes straight from the game.
  8. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Calthine wrote:
    This is good to hear, hopefully it gets resolved soon.
  9. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Against my better judgement I took a look at the data on Zam.
    Was there a concious effort to not include useful data? Sure looks like it.
    Why can I not search by effect?
    The information displayed has no apparent value.
  10. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Kordran wrote:
    lootdb.com doesn't have access to actual drop rates
  11. ARCHIVED-Kordran Guest

Actually, I believe that lootdb.com does have drop rates, but it's only available to registered players. How close those values are to the "actual" drop rates, can't really say but it would certainly be enough to give players an idea as long as the sample is large enough.
  12. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Kordran wrote:
    THose are drop rates as reported by players. The difference here is our are right out of the game data.
  13. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Hey, good question! Let's see if we can do anything about that.
  14. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Two weeks in and still no sign of support for EU broker data. All we get from Calthine and Spyder is "we've submitted a ticket". Well I would have expected a trading partner to have had a little more of a direct line into SOE than CS tickets. There has always been this tendency by SOE to treat the non US servers as the red headed step children of the game, no access to competitions, game updates (at least) 24 hours after US servers, server maintenance at peak times, etc, etc, while still charging exactly the same subscription. Their sublime arrogance then extends into an attitude of "don't dare criticise us over this". Seems like this attitude is now spreading to Zam.
    No I am not subscribed to the Zam network, but you know what? Neither am I ever likely to be until the game servers I play on are treated with equality.
  15. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Actually, the answer on broker issues is "We're working with SOE on it." Don't need a ticket on it, we know it's not there I did enquire today, and I don't have any new information. Enhancements and bugs, those get tickets.
    I can tell you our broker system is getting it's own server, a work in progress right now. No, that doesn't do a thing for missing EU data, I know.
  16. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Sorry, but I can only react to posts I read posted by your colleagues:
    Spyderbite@Venekor wrote:
    Can I ask whether or not you're confident of getting this data made available? Or are there issues that may make this data impossible to publish?
  17. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Holymoly@Runnyeye wrote:
    I apologize for that miscommunicaton. I am not part of the ticketing process so when I was told it was being worked on, I assumed it was something that required a ticket.
    But, the same applies.. it is being worked on and everyone will be notified with any new info that we receive. :)
  18. ARCHIVED-Val Guest

I like the way it looks. It feels much easier on my tired eyes.
    There is one aspect that I find uncomfortable, and real irritating though.
    Why is page up, page down, home, end, up arrow, down arrow disabled?
    I dislike having to constantly grab at the scrollbar.
  19. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Holymoly@Runnyeye wrote:
    First, we're just the messengers. Spyder gets his info from me; we had a bad communication, for which I appologize.
    To address your last question: we can't publish it because we don't have it. But posted today on our EQ2 Zam forums, by Illia, our Director of Technology (and yes, that's Illia of Illia's Everquest Bestiary):
  20. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Valsehna@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I will put a ticket in on that and see if we can enhance your site-browsing experience.
    Edit: what browser are you using?