Wood Elf vs. Kerra for Monk?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-dareninger, Jan 22, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-MightyWarrior Guest

Well, i admit, i am new to the game and at the end game, i am sure races and their beginning stats doesn't matter, but it takes a while to get to level 50, so i am sure that being a Wood Elf Monk helps alot due to their high agility, but the Wood Elves have less health then the Kerra, so the Kerra would survive longer due to more health.

The Lack of health would mean, you would use more healing, which means the healing spell that the monk has (3mins cooldown) would be totally insufficent, cause from experience with a Kerra Monk, the healing that it does is not enough and even if you manage to heal back up to full, the enemy would undoubtedly bring you back down to near death long before the cooldown ends.

So, are you saying that i could be a Berserker and be the Erudite race and do just as well as a Barbarian??? maybe at level 50, but at the lower levels, i am sure that the racial traits are very important and become less and less important as you level up.

I am sure that a level 1 Ogre Berserker would slaughter a Level 1 Wood Elf Berserker in a fight to the death.

The Wood Elf might have a chance due to their high agility, but their lack of strength is their downfall.....thats just my opinion
  2. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

Stats really does not matter when you think it is "several hundreds" compared to +5, +7 etc...

You have to ask yourself this question:

Would you like to see a tail and fur everytime on your back or great tatooo ?

Because it is a game, entertaining, not complex mathematical chaos even at start... Yes, it will take time to get 50, but you have to ask the very same question. Which I would like to see myself for all-times long ;)

Wood elves getting 5% health increase, 5% in-combat power gain as much as other races, lack of 25 health, would not cost you "that much"
    Message Edited by selch on 08-15-2006 05:43 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Amilique Guest

Kerra monk FTW!
    (i have a tail hehe)
  4. ARCHIVED-IrulanDunedancer Guest

Some serious thread-necromancy here...

Just thought I'd mention that this is a false dichotomy, because half-elves are CLEARLY the superior race! :smileytongue:
  5. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Wow this thread is from a looooooooooong time ago.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cirth_Beer Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Kainsei Guest

Bah.. anyone knows that Wood Elves > *.

Message Edited by Kainsei on 08-17-2006 10:55 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Delilie Guest

Iksar Monk FTW

forget the furry tail I want to see scales :smileyhappy:

And I have to agree that racial traits and begining stats at the higher levels (level 50+) don't make that much of a difference to be even noticable.

I seen on ther threads from people with mathematical skills that you need like +20AGI (I'm guestimating here) to get 1% avoidance so those +5AGI won't matter that much.
  9. ARCHIVED-Zarvax Guest

Ratonga's > all
    Thats all there is to it, my uber 30 agi when I started gives me like and uber 0.3% avoidance over the lowest possible starting agi... but I don't have as much strength :smileysad: I guess I might have somewhere around 575 instead of 565 if I were some other race.
    Message Edited by Zarvax on 08-18-2006 12:04 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Cuggull Guest

Sad to see so many people in denial of the self evident ... give your hobbit a bo stick .. and which the most graceful big bellied chap twirl that bamboo. Wearing black leather or spandex you could pass for somekind of rotund sith lord!!11!!

Cheers,
  11. ARCHIVED-ki sensei Guest

Wood elf all the way!!:smileyhappy:
    Message Edited by ki sensei on 08-28-2006 08:09 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-bks6721 Guest

Halfling monks! Flying pigtails and fistwraps
  13. ARCHIVED-Xerxess Guest

Go go High elf monk!