Will SOE ever fix this bug?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaladz, May 7, 2013.

1. Kaladz Active Member

There is a known BUG that causes delays of 10-15 seconds (with any UI including default) when zoning and it is extremely annoying. The following appears in the logs when the issue happens:

build="SOEBuild=9950L" version="SOEVersionString=2013/5/6 15:30:27" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="exp01_cty_majdul_3r01" loc=" -5.94 1.98 3.53" performance="7" alert="G:\live\eq2\game\Client\src\GameScene.cpp(5808): Loading UI resources timed out after 10 seconds while still had pending examine requests"

Can we PLEASE have a developer look into this? I would really love to hear a developers thoughts on this bug.
    Karrane, Vordreth and Kazz like this.
  2. Slant Well-Known Member

I always wondered why loading the local ui was the longest part of zoning.
  3. Muppethero Member

If i where a betting man, I would say this is a feature. Not a bug. 8 )
  4. Amunet New Member

Got to be one of the most annoying things in BGs also, when you die not only do you have to wait for the res timer, but then an additional 20 seconds for UI to load :/
    Chronus, Karrane and Slant like this.
  5. Black New Member

I hate this too but it looks like SOE do not care much about improvements.
  6. Thalador Active Member

I think the fact that the OP found this and gave the exact error would make it easier to fix. Come on SOE, take a look and give some credit for someone trying to help you out, and help us all out.
  7. Bayfia Member

I have to say, this is an incredible annoyance. I play daily on Test, and the ****Gasp*** waiting while the UI loads gets longer and longer and longer. Geez louise, please do something about this problem - and it IS a problem!
  8. Kaladz Active Member

build="SOEBuild=9970L" version="SOEVersionString=2013/5/10 11:18:59" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="exp08_rgn_velious_cobalt_scar" loc="4377.30 -819.43 332.12" performance="7" alert="G:\live\eq2\game\Client\src\GameScene.cpp(5808): Loading UI resources timed out after 10 seconds while still had pending examine requests"

Once this bug happens, it seems to happen every zone until you kill the game and restart it. If you guys can't figure out the source of the bug, go ahead and add some additional debug output to alert log and I'll be glad to provide it. This bug usually happens every session for me. :(
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This happens only on Test? Haven't noticed it much, since on all servers, my old hoopy of a computer usually takes the longest getting past either the creating/getting into the zone bit, and all that implies (especially if it's a laggy city, like Qeynos [the worst!] or Freeport, or there's a Guide in the region [oy!]), or the "creating entities" bit if I'm trying to get into a building that has (how dare we!) House Items in it, be it house or Guild Hall (dungeons don't seem to have that issue, even with 2000 slots; why is that?). But since it usually takes me about a minute to zone anywhere in the first place (could be worse; could be City of Heroes [could be better, could be That Other Game]), I don't notice the individual components too much...maybe now I'll keep watch on the separate elements for Test. :-/

At any rate, why not also submit this on the Support Forums?

Uwk
  10. Kaladz Active Member

It happens on live servers as well, but Test would be the spot to fix it first so the fix can be applied to other servers.

With a fast machine and SSD drive, the delay for loading UI resources becomes very evident and very annoying. When the bug is not occurring, the loading UI resources step goes instantly like it should, but otherwise it takes 10-15 seconds like it is literally waiting on a countdown timer and not doing any actual work.
    Slant and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Definitely sounds like a communications snafu of some sort. :-/

Uwk
  12. Kaladz Active Member

Any DEVs been able to look into this bug? Or able to provide more information about what exactly goes on during the Loading UI Resources step of zoning? I'd love to get this bug resolved to improve gameplay experience. I'm willing to help you troubleshoot if you are unable to recreate the issue on your end.
  13. Daray Well-Known Member

I have this issue too, and it is highly frustrating.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Something may be building up and not clearing, building up and not clearing, until it reaches a point where it just kills the game ... definitely sounds like a job for Support Forums. :-/

Uwk
    Morg likes this.
  15. Morg Well-Known Member

They ignored it in the support forums Uwk. Been going on for at least 1 year, possibly longer.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gah! No response on tickets, either? :-(

In response to Muppethero's concern: why the heck would they make this a feature (unless they really, really hate any 3rd-party UIs; don't have one, so that could be another reason why I haven't had THIS problem), and if so, why not just explain it to us (or warn us [or brag about it])? :-/

It's like with the destruction of the suburbs: if they couldn't combine the city zoning areas (all four pieces of Freeport into a seamless city, for example) without nuking the 'burbs, why didn't they just say that? We might not like it anyway, but at least we would have an understanding for the story thread explanation (and it would've been nice to get something better than a silly Appearance affect ring and some coins for slaughtering our former neighbors. The old House Items, if nothing else). What does it profit them by making this a feature? :-/

Uwk
  17. Morg Well-Known Member

Their response was for us to go into our eq2 files and delete somethings once the crash had occurred, and everytime it occurred. Caused a very good friend to finally give up the game and go play something else :( I don't remember the file names or I would pass it along.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

::hugs:: :(

Uwk
  19. Kaladz Active Member

I had this happen using a default UI as well so it doesn't seem to be custom UI related. I had a support ticket in the past that went 15-20 replies at least and it just ended up going in circles. It appears to be a bug in the code rather than a client side issue as far as I can tell.
  20. Kaladz Active Member

The other very common bug I have is with Item Examine windows not appearing when I click an item link. I wonder if these two bugs are related?? The text from the error says "Loading UI resources timed out after 10 seconds while still had pending examine requests". Is this Item Examine requests or something else?

Anyone else that experiences the Loading UI bug also have issues examining items commonly?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.