Will SOE ever fix this bug?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaladz, May 7, 2013.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wow...seems like the Forums here are buggy, too, with a similar problem. I'm not getting any error messages (at least, none I can define; usually a lot of "unspecified error" things), but man, is it laggy. Trying to respond to this one, I'm not getting the usual rest of the page, but a separate page just for this one and all the HTML code showing. :-/

In pondering the original posting here, it does sound like almost exactly the same error as folks are getting when zoning. Weird. :-/

If it's not a matter of default vs. 3rd-party UIs, goodness knows; I'm almost afraid to upgrade my computer, if it isn't hitting the old ones and is just noticeable on the hot new models. :-/

Uwk
  2. Kaladz Active Member

build="SOEBuild=10010L" version="SOEVersionString=2013/6/3 12:06:05" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="exp09_dun_drinals_ferry" loc="-13.50 32.59 58.35" performance="7" alert="G:\live\eq2\game\Client\src\GameScene.cpp(5817): Loading UI resources timed out after 10 seconds while still had pending examine requests"

Want me to take a look at the source for you? ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it doesn't happen all the time for me; I almost wish it did, so it would be more reproducible. :-/

But thanks anyway! Now, if only someone could figure out how to nuke the stupid AwesomiumProcess.exe crap... X-P

Uwk
  4. Kaladz Active Member

Logged in today and within 5 minutes of playing the bug started occurring :(
  5. Kaladz Active Member

6. Kaladz Active Member

Well it started happening again today. But devs might want to take a look at hotbar icon code during the loading UI resources step as it might be related.
  7. Kaladz Active Member

build="SOEBuild=10114L" version="SOEVersionString=2013/7/1 15:39:38" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="GameScene::ZR_NETWORKED_ZONE_CHANGE" loc=" 0.00 0.00 0.00" performance="7" alert="G:\live\eq2\game\Client\src\GameScene.cpp(12722): UPDATE OUT OF BOUNDS for MT_UPDATE_MATCH_LIST msg = 9, local = 0"

build="SOEBuild=10114L" version="SOEVersionString=2013/7/1 15:39:38" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="exp09_rgn_plains_of_obol" loc="-537.12 8.73 -68.31" performance="7" alert="G:\live\eq2\game\Client\src\GameScene.cpp(5820): Loading UI resources timed out after 10 seconds while still had pending examine requests"

Looks like some extra log info. Dunno if related or not.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I usually don't notice this (since zoning takes so long for me anyway, normally), but the UI loading this weekend was taking a lot longer than usual, relatively; could it be that I was doing all this work in Crushbone, when the server itself was really populated? :-/

Uwk
    still chuggin' along with the old bugger ;->
  9. Kaladz Active Member

This bug becomes most noticeable with a SSD when zone times should be super quick.

More logs :
    build="SOEBuild=10153L" version="SOEVersionString=2013/7/13 17:26:27" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="exp08_dun_sleepers_tomb_destroyed" loc="386.66 -110.12 -90.30" performance="7" alert="G:\live\eq2\game\gamecommon\client\ProxyAppUtil.cpp(6070): 65535 is an invalid spell ID"
    build="SOEBuild=10153L" version="SOEVersionString=2013/7/13 17:26:27" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="qey_guildhall_tier2" loc=" 4.15 13.42 19.71" performance="7" alert="G:\live\eq2\game\Client\src\GameScene.cpp(5820): Loading UI resources timed out after 10 seconds while still had pending examine requests"
  10. Kaladz Active Member

build="SOEBuild=10153L" version="SOEVersionString=2013/7/13 17:26:27" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="exp09_dun_drinals_castle" loc=" -9.27 -0.95 146.17" performance="7" alert="G:\live\eq2\game\Client\src\GameScene.cpp(5820): Loading UI resources timed out after 10 seconds while still had pending examine requests"
  11. Slant Well-Known Member

Hope this gets fixed eventually. Sometimes it takes over 30 seconds for my UI resources to load
  12. Kaladz Active Member

This is still a major issue. Today, it happened the very first time I zoned into the game after logging in!

~~~~~~~~
    build="SOEBuild=10277L" version="SOEVersionString=2013/8/12 10:46:01" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="GameScene::ZR_NETWORKED_ZONE_CHANGE" loc=" 0.00 0.00 0.00" performance="7" alert="G:\live\eq2\game\Client\src\GameScene.cpp(12805): UPDATE OUT OF BOUNDS for MT_UPDATE_MATCH_LIST msg = 9, local = 0"
    build="SOEBuild=10277L" version="SOEVersionString=2013/8/12 10:46:01" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="qey_guildhall_tier2" loc=" 2.84 1.50 32.51" performance="7" alert="G:\live\eq2\game\Client\src\GameScene.cpp(5823): Loading UI resources timed out after 10 seconds while still had pending examine requests"
    ~~~~~~~~

Can this bug please be addressed?!
  13. Kebos New Member

Did you notice??? the devs have not paid any attn to this thread?
  14. Slant Well-Known Member

15. Jrral Active Member

16. Kaladz Active Member

Wonder why the devs ignore this issue. Would be nice if they would at least look into it and comment on it.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not sure so much if they're ignoring it (though it could also be posted on the Support Forums, if it wasn't already) or if there's just not that many left... :-/

Uwk
  18. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

hate this
  19. Kaladz Active Member

I think I found the fix!

/cl_load_ui_resources_timeout 0

Enjoy!
    Dethrayzin, Wurm, Daray and 1 other person like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

WOOT! I've been running across that same problem, too, but to a lesser degree (added a bit of a delay, but not a huge one like what's been reported here); I really hope this works for us all! Way to go! :)

Uwk