Why you should make broker avail to f2p

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ristoril, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Ristoril New Member

Well for sticks, there are tons of things that most of us already know of. For carrots I feel other people would be better to answer that question, as well as things for people to spend more plat on.
  2. Adevil Well-Known Member

In other words, you have absolutely no idea how DBG could implement your suggestions?

Usually when criticism is made it is useful to provide concrete actions which would overcome the issue being criticised. Doing so presents the person/corporation to whom the criticism is being given at least one action that could be taken to alleviate things. Without that, the criticism is just a make-work project for them telling them to go and speculate on how to fix your perceived problem. There is no "make it so" wand, even in RPGs.
    Xillean, Moonpanther and Deveryn like this.
  3. Xevran Well-Known Member

All sorts of effects could be added to the buff. Or maybe a random loot crate once a month that contains a cool item for subs. Or maybe a sub appreciation day once a month that's double xp / status / whatever.

None of this is equal to broker access though. The broker is very powerful and nothing they could add aside from flat out plat could possibly equal it, and giving away free plat is a bad idea.
  4. Lucus Well-Known Member

we can already get free plat as subscribers with loyalty tokens that FTP can't get, add some fluff mounts and appearance gear/weapons with particle effects to the loyalty merchant, make them prestige tagged items so you have to be subscribed to have them equipped, add crafting stats to the subscriber buff. perhaps let subscribers buy additional vet display cases from the loyalty merchant.

i think those would be well worth allowing all players to buy from the broker.
  5. Xevran Well-Known Member

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Well I guess adding more free plat is a bad idea lol.
  6. Strings Well-Known Member

Fireburd stop making new accounts. If no one wants to play Battlegrounds with you they don't have to. Maybe you're such a "legend" you scared everyone away.
    Wirewhisker and Xevran like this.
  7. Adevil Well-Known Member

Aw, dang. Now you've got me listening to Cranius again. WoW player, but this is a hilarious PvP camping music video:

8. Ristoril New Member

I think it is unfair to suggest that I come up with every step of the solution on my own. I don't know everything about everything. I know market dynamics. If I want some code done, even though I can code, I hire a coder. I gave my input on the market and incentive tweaks that I feel would help the game , both players and Daybreak. I could pull some things out of my *** for possible buffs for premium or nerfs for p2w, but why do that when other people are more expertise in that area?

Some suggestions for tweaks:

f2p Sticks : The goal is to make them not be a trainwreck during lapses, but also push people into premium without crippling their ability to contribute to the economy to work for their krono if need be.
    1. limit purchasable housing to ****** house, limit items placed
    2. reduce tradeskill skill ups
    3. freeze second tradeskill
    4. no access to end game raids
    5. limit teleporting
    6. no loyalty tokens

premium carrots for sellers of krono and premium :

1. more bag space (its too late to go back and take away from 2fp) . Make this section be a premium area that gets locked no questions asked if an account lapses to f2p.
    2. work/rush orders for houses
    3. more uses for plat that perm improve gear
    4. more resources and more craftables to drive the economy. Make crafting more integrated into end game gear with raid drops.
    5. Make plat relevant again
  9. Xevran Well-Known Member

They tried that once and everyone hated it.
  10. Ristoril New Member

Why did people hate it?
  11. Pauly Well-Known Member

if its so powerful you should allow yourself to have access to it like everyone else..

oh.. we already get free plats 75p every couple of days.
  12. Rainmare Well-Known Member

because pure tradeskillers had to rely on raids to get resources, and in typical raider fashion, they put it ont he broker for astromonical prices, or, they hoarded the drops for their own guild use. adn there was no chance for a pure TSers to get the components at all if they didn't raid the higher end of raiding.

Also it seems your 'sticks' are 'cripple actually playing the game, in favor of broker purchases'

outside of the broker, right now really thier only restrictions are things you may want but don't need at all. the broker really isn't needed either. never had one in Eq1, we just picked a spot in a zone, and hawked our wares. sure you had to have them in your bags, and it had to be tradable stuff, but worked just fine.

the broker is still the last 'major' game component the FTP crowd doesn't have really. and even then, the restriction is on selling, not buying. you just gotta buy tokens to put stuff for sale.

Right now I think the FTP crowd has everything they really should get for being free players. and I would hate for the ftp raiders/decorators and such to be lamblasted and crippled just so you an play with the broker.
    Xillean, Febrith, Spindle and 2 others like this.
  13. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Question: At what point does my subscribing no longer bring enough value because of the increasing numbers of perks given to people who do not subscribe?

Or to put it another way, how long before we all say screwit and the majority of the accounts go F2P?
    Xevran and Moonpanther like this.
  14. Adevil Well-Known Member

It's bordering on that already.
    Spindle and Moonpanther like this.
  15. Xevran Well-Known Member

I buy broker tokens...
  16. Graewulf New Member

I seriously doubt Daybreak would lose money by making the broker fully available to f2p players. If it's more than a small fraction of 1%, I'd be amazed. They would, however, make more money by drawing more players into the game. Making such a basic part of the game unusable isn't how to do that.
  17. Adevil Well-Known Member

18. Graewulf New Member

What a helpful....oh wait sorry...I meant utterly useless reply.

All Access gives a TON of stuff that f2p players don't get. That's great. You pay, you get all kinds of extra perks. Wonderful. I don't consider broker usage a 'perk' by any means. It's a basic way to buy and sell stuff to other players. I don't think it's even remotely unreasonable to make full broker usage a standard thing across all accounts.
  19. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

What the actual eff.
    Xillean and Mermut like this.
  20. knine Well-Known Member

F2P with open broker creates more increase of botters selling then lol.. they aren't getting removed from the game anytime soon, but at least they have to have the patience to wait and SLR lmfao...want the broker.. pay.. simple. What is so hard to understand about that?