Why Pirates are Better than Ninjas

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-SenorPhrog, Apr 26, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Traigus Guest

Ninjas lose for 1 reason only...

Pirates, as a topic, never spawned the travesty of a movie... Ninja 3 :The Domination.
    Any lifestyle/combat-style that generates Ninja 3: The Domination, automatically forfeits.

Have a nice day.

-t
  2. ARCHIVED-DaimyoTx Guest

I mainly just lurk and never post, but this made me choke from laughing so hard in agreement.

Absolutely True!!
  3. ARCHIVED-*SLiDE* Guest

I told you all not to anger him... now the ninja fans have been hax3d.
  4. ARCHIVED-Rastim Guest

Chris Farley (Beverly Hills Ninja) vs Errol Flynn (Captain Blood)
    'Nuff said. PIRATES!!!!
  5. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Arrrrrrrr

One of my favourite rides from about as early as I can remember. And dining at the Blue Bayou was always something I wanted to do as a kid and teen and never got there early enough to make reservations (the only place within Disneyland where you could make reservations at that time) because I would have had to give up the run at the opening of the park to Space Mountain or Matterhorn or.. drat... the runaway train ride in Frontierland.

I even loved watching all the animatronics in Pirates. I have been on that ride probably a thousand times (and even vaguely remember when they did a revamp of it in.. umm.. the late 70s?). A heap of my childhood memories are associated with that place, that ride and Disneyland.

*wafts off into nostolgia*
  6. ARCHIVED-DeleahAetherweaver Guest

Pirates of course! Why?

Pirate wenches ... you dont see ninja wenches, just subservient wee things in kimonos....bah!
  7. ARCHIVED-Tasazar Guest

Let's look at it this way.... Who would you rather invite to a party?

The pirate who is going to be drinking it up, singing, dancing, telling outrageous stories, womanizing, and in general having a lot of fun....

Or...

The ninja who will spend the night silent, hiding in the shadows of some corner....

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Pirates 4tw!
  8. ARCHIVED-*SLiDE* Guest

Yeah... but while the drunk Pirate is hitting on your wife, you could hire the sober Ninja to take him out.
    Just playing devil's advocate here.
  9. ARCHIVED-mungo Guest

Gaaaaarrrhhhhh!
  10. ARCHIVED-Geero Guest

There are drunken ninjas, you guys need to watch more animes. :p

Also, if they offer you a drink, which one would you drink?
    Ninja is nice hot sake or pirate with cheap stale wine?

Sorry but answer is clear as summer sky. Ninja all the way.
  11. ARCHIVED-mallice Guest

12. ARCHIVED-SenorPhrog Guest

Yes but the sober ninja would probably be meditating, not to mention be on a deserted Pacific island. By the time he actually walked (heaven forbid they use transportation), the pirate would be very sober and cranky.
  13. ARCHIVED-*SLiDE* Guest

How did the ninja get from my party to the deserted "ISLAND"... and why is the Pirate cranky?
    so... con... fused...
  14. ARCHIVED-SenorPhrog Guest

Ninjas don't go to parties....well ok to pajama parties. Any ninja you hired to hurt someone would have to travel for days. They are always meditating on an ISLAND.
    Message Edited by Radar-X on 04-28-2006 09:23 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-Geero Guest

Ninjas meditate on island because...
    1. they can walk on water
    2. they can walk really fast
    3. they can walk really fast on water
  16. ARCHIVED-Diernes Guest

This thread and the majority of responses supporting pirates is a perfect example of todays society and its way of thinking.
    Style over substance...
    Kinda like how Hip-hop remains so popular while alot of real musicians get nowhere..
    You people are deluded, Pirates are all flash, all bark little bite. Ninja's are the substance
  17. ARCHIVED-Diernes Guest

One word for you.
    Kunoichi.
    They were female ninjas often employed (to great effect) for high profile assasinations such as samurai lords. use your imagination how they would be able to get that close......
    Btw Kunoichi > Pirate Wench. Which is pretty much a myth because women were considered to be "bad luck" on a sea bound vessel. Reinforcing the fact that Pirates are heterosexually challenged.
  18. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

The heck with pirate wenches... look up female pirates. THOSE were some tough ladies!
  19. ARCHIVED-SenorPhrog Guest

All bark and little bite? Fear was used to intimidate so violence wasn't necessary. Ninja's garnered their legendary status from the usage of fear. Why didn't ninjas just show up and go face to face? A) it would be stupid and they would be killed immediately and b) it made their enemies fear them. Do you ever read of ninjas in a battle? No.

Pirates operated in a similar manner with fear. They didn't utilize large galleons or barques in most cases. Most pirate ships were retrofitted sloops with extra guns, more storage, and trimmed sails. Most important thing they had was though, was a pirate flag. People feared it.
  20. ARCHIVED-*SLiDE* Guest

I think "momma" from Goonies could have been a pirate.