WHY!!!! oh WHY

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by sonoske, May 1, 2013.

1. Ruckus Well-Known Member

This.

Our abilities that are not back stabs are just not effective enough to get the job done.

Someone suggested in a previous post to let our healer mercs tank while we do the DPS. I give this a try...but...it just seems "wrong" to let a healer tank for my rogue. Rogues were designed to be able to be decent at tanking, so if I'm soloing with my healer merc, I *should* be able to tank while my merc keeps me alive. (I'm currently using the SS inq merc.) The abilities that my toon is given should not be "turned off".

I can see Walk the Plank not working on raid mobs, but Traumatic Swipe SHOULD work on raid mobs...especially since we can stick AA points into the ability.
  2. Estarion Active Member

is it only me who don't understand what are the necromancer do in rogue tread and why is he talking our broken ability is something that should be? It will be ok when the necro's spell will cast only from back/flank and within 5m range and no pet of course
  3. sonoske Active Member

I HAVE NEVER BEEN so happy to see this post being defended by real rogues who played since launch and feel my pain makes me really happy to see this thread moving along
  4. Fetish Well-Known Member

Seriously? Do you just feel the need to up a post count or something? Your knowledge on Brigands seems to be pretty shallow...and your reasoning that, instead of just leaving Walk the Plank alone, they should revamp all of the Brigand's back attacks, shows such a lack of simple forethought that I can really only think that you are talking to talk. How much Dev time do you think that would take? ...then time spent fixing what they broke fixing it...then time balancing it...then time fixing what they broke balancing it?

The number of damaging CA's of a Brigand that require flanking or rear is large...very large. As a Brigand, I wouldn't want such a drastic change of the style and flavor of my class...especially when the Devs had already worked out a solution for this issue when soloing...Walk the Plank. There was no need to "fix" it...period. If anyone thinks that a Brigand being able to spin a named mob and use their back stabs was so game breaking that it needed removal...well I'm not sure what to say to them as they are obviously either not smart...or not smart. But then again, this is the Brigand class...the Devs even nerfed one of our stealth abilities for being "too overpowered", so yeah...I don't expect them to reconsider.
  5. Fetish Well-Known Member

We need to stick together! though I missed the days when people said "Brigand? WTF is that?"
  6. Rotherian Well-Known Member

They've already apparently nerfed WtP. I had nothing to do with that. One would assume that you didn't either. Presumably, they had a reason for doing so. Since that particular chicken has flown the roost, they need to do something to give rogues back some parity. If they aren't going to restore WtP, then the only other option, that I see, is making it where you guys don't have to rely upon back attacks so much while you are solo, but can still take full advantage of them while in a group or raid environment. Thus my suggestion to how they could give you guys back a little bit of parity.
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

So only the main toons count when posting to threads? (I have at least one character of every class - of varying levels.)

Regardless, when I replied initially, this wasn't in Forums > EverQuest 2 Discussion > Classes > Scouts, it was in Forums > EverQuest 2 Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion. Had the title been something like "Walk the Plank nerf", you probably wouldn't have seen a single post from me in it. If the OP hadn't have tried to denigrate most of the rest of the classes, I still probably wouldn't have posted. Anyway, now that the discussion is where it belongs (i.e. in the scouts forum), you guys are more than welcome to have at it.
    flameweaver likes this.
  8. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I would say yes, in this case, because you're unable to provide expert feedback on classes that you know very little about. It would be like a non-raider coming into a raid discussion thread to give feed back on content that you've obviously not partaken in. Stick to what you know, and let those of us who know what we're talking about try to get some help for our characters. If we get WtP and TSwipe fixed, it's not going to be any skin off your nose.
  9. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I hear what you are saying, and I don't entirely disagree. However, I doubt the following would get the devs attention:

Perhaps someone that could provide cogent feedback (such as yourself, maybe) could help the situation more.
  10. Fetish Well-Known Member

I'm sure that their "reason for doing so" was like most of their short sighted moves...a knee jerk reaction to a non-problem that occurred when some sensationalistic and unverified little blip of a complaint from another class managed to make it into a dev's ear, and for some reason it, instead of the myriad of other sensical changes/fixes that need to be made, was what he occupied his time with.

And no...just no...as a Brigand, I would rather that they leave all of my flanking abilities alone instead of jacking everything up. At least that way, they will have only ruined Walk the Plank. So thanks, but no thanks. If they feel the need to nerf WtP to nothing...instead of just a severe cut to the duration which would seem to be more inline with a nerf if they thought it was being abused, then I will just accept it...though not quietly.
  11. clapisback Active Member

Roth you're definitely handling your criticism well here, with your mature demeanor... and you're right in what you're saying.

I can tell we have some newer players that are not used to SOE's class nerfs lol
    flameweaver likes this.
  12. Jokirr Member

Doesnt seem to stop them though =/
  13. sonoske Active Member

hell ya fetish !!! brigs back in the day were a very small commnunity. as a brig you were only wanted if the player base knew you had what it took to play your brig to max potential. Everytime i search for group in chat people were like brigs are a myth they dont exsist lol because there was so little of this class. I enjoyed know that when a group was being formed and the group wanted a brig there was no call out in chat it was a private tell "yo come do this zone wtih us we need you" now its like brig central and most people have no god dam clue how to play them and come on the forums here and break stuff for the veteran players who been through it all. because these new players want the big red easy button
    Mimixx(2) likes this.
  14. sonoske Active Member

WTP, not only SOA mobs are immune to it, but this goes way back to the hit/miss ratio of it. i mean if your mob as a soloing brig doesnt have most of your frontals debuffs off on it about 65% of the time walk the plank will miss or the mob will dodge if being a boss mob. now non boss mobs ive calculated over the years to have about a 95% hit/miss ratio, why is this because their weaker? im sure it might be one reason but for a boss mob i think it should land the same amount, just the boss mob itself can demish the duration i would be completly content with that and im sure all the other brigs would to
  15. Sogapa Active Member

I'm actually surprised WtP is still useful at 95. On my 50 swash, it misses far more than it hits, or even if it does hit, it fails to turn the mob. One thing that sometimes works for my 95 dirge however, is to snare the mob and quickly run in a short circle around it, hitting flanking attack while doing so. Timing has to be near-perfect, but a snared mob seems to turn slower than a non snared mob and it's sometimes possible to get flanking attacks in. Granted dirge doesn't have as many of these sorts of attacks as rogue, but it's worth a try.
  16. Mimixx(2) Member

Have to agree with this. 2 months ago I made a Brigand, I soloed upto 30+ with no good gear. My spells were doing really terrible damage at that moment and I didnt know how to play the class, so I started looking for some random lvl 90+ brigands. I used to ask them questions but no response from all. My guild mate who was at 66 didnt either know alot about it.( He was the only active). My best equipment was my bow and thats where I did all of my attacks from.
    As for learning nothing and I had gotten tired from killing blue stuff I just delected him.
  17. Kaitanz New Member

In most cases, using Blackjack will allow you to get in 3-4+ backstabs along with Double Up, which is more than enough to cripple a named into oblivion.

Now, if the mob is immune to being rooted along with being immune to being spun around...then yeah, you're screwed on that. I would also suggest Stunning Blow but more and more mobs are immune to stuns as well nowadays. Solo-farming heroics like back in RoK faster and more efficiently than a group is a thing of the past. /memories
  18. Seefar Well-Known Member

Don't you mean 'epics'? Or am I just confused, as usual?

So many changes, so little life...
  19. Izanami Member

If you don't have a merc you're kind of screwed though. Bad enough they messed up Double Up (by using it to reapply a stun along with debuffs I could solo heroics without a merc; now it applies CAs immediately, no space between to do more), and Cheapshot has been usless for as long as I can remember, without WtP you spend more time running about to get yourself and/or the mob in position. And don't forget mobs that you need your back against the wall (have KB or whatever).

As was mentioned, it's like making the mobs immune to snares, or pet taunts, so rangers and mages couldn't kite them.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

Double-up is a briggy, not a swashy, art.