Why make it so hard on returning players?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vuetee, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Tommara Active Member

DBG also needs to add a quest giver in Myrist Library that gives a quest such as to achieve level 15 for all Ascension abilities and for any other critical achievements so us returning players don't have to spend so much time researching using Google what us returning players need to do so that groups will accept us, instead of just playing the game.
  2. lcubanol New Member

Ill throw in my 2 cents...As a returning live player who left before KA. Overall I am really impressed with this expac. I have attempted to come back to live a few times but always felt overwhelmed. It took a little bit of figuring out, which if you returning, find a guild asap who will teach you things or you will be lost.

Sustains:
    +Tanking is fun again and takes some skill. I have caught myself saying, "wow" after some of these T2 fights, and have had to pause to let my heart rate drop. Granted they get easier and easier, but kudos to DBG for making us use the 100 death prevents and hate snaps, that I thought were overkill. I haven't had this much fun tanking since DOV raids. Ignore all the threads that say make it easier.
    + I love that you are forcing us to use MC gear, to break into T1. I got absolutely smoked, with quest gear trying to tank my first zone. You made crafting armor relevant, and strong. It is almost too strong as most of it wont be replaced till T2 (and even some of the jewelry is questionable to replace the visionary crafted pieces). I also enjoyed the grind of experimenting all the pieces and ensuring everything was refined. Really felt like I was working towards of goal to survive in zones.

Improves:
    -Fervor still remains elusive for returning players. After getting my CD celestial rune, celestial passive ascension buff, some of the green adorns, and all of the returner/free adorns, I am still barely cracking 180. I do not think we should be forced to go to IoR to buy old gear, or run a ton of old zones for runes. As a tank, I can get by....but forget it if you are a dps. There needs to be something else added, or nerfed, that gives new players a chance to even stand toe-to-toe with the current population. Not for all, but I am willing to bet older players will allow this if it means more of a consistent population. Some of these zones have a dps check in place, and friends of mine, who have put a ton of time into getting their toons up to date, cant come to these zones as its not enough.
    -Drop more masters in zones....I have seen ONE drop in the 40-50zones I have ran. Maybe I have bad luck...You are giving us a celestial ability every 30 days, which implies that people are going to pay to get through GM and Ancient....At least give us a little bit of a head start with the researching costs by dropping some masters. Again I am coming late and was not around for POM so maybe I just need to accept and absorb that cost.

Overall I am having fun, which is most important. If Fervor is refined and more accessible I think you will have a much happier population.
    Feara and Meneltel like this.
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I am almost certain its not one dev that makes the decisions of how the game is designed, I doubt they all live in their parents basement either. If I understand correctly the person who actually oversees pretty much all aspects of the game is the Executive producer Holly "Windstalker" Longdale. I doubt she even looks at the forums at all anymore, heck its been over 2 years since she even posted here.
    The last Producers letter was done in December of 2016 {unless they post them somewhere I haven't found yet).
    It would seem that they really don't give a Tonga's behind about what any of us think about the direction they take the game. I know they are still around cause I see them twiting about here-n-there, usually out dining or at a party or sumthin. They used to have devs on here all the time chatting it up with us common folk, couple of community managers, heck even an engineer might pop in and add things to a discussion. And I know you might think I am kidding but we even had a dev that actually tried out a coercer and we immediately had huge changes to the class in the next patch..amazing what happens when people use the product they make!;)

We dont have that anymore, not even sure what a community manager is supposed to do except deliver messages about changes.:rolleyes:

The Dev team seem like nice folks, I believe they work very hard and I admire them in that aspect..but they are only there to do a job now, nothing more..or so it would seem.

And you?

You are nothing but a number to them $$$
    Rhodris and Meneltel like this.
  4. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Devs don't play healers otherwise the triple nerf healers have would never have been pushed through....mic drop!
    Lateana, Mermut and Meneltel like this.
  5. Vuetee Member

I'm so glad that my post has triggered so much pointless discussion. I'd like to thank those who have posted useful information (you know who you are) and take a moment to tell those who haven't to not bother... you're only contributing to the frustrations I'm personally feeling.

Okay... so I've got to a point where I'm not being outparsed by healers any more (yay!), but I'm definitely still a way off being where I should be. I've played around with AA specs and looked at other parses from similar classes to find that the biggest things I'm lacking are a) ascension spell upgrades and b) Epic 2.0 spell upgrades. Ascension is obtainable I just need to spend the time farming to get the spells so that a sage can craft them for me, but epic spells are a different story...

The research I did uncovered that I need Planar Fragments, and these are obtained through KA zones. I've completed the KA sig line and ran all the zones multiple times, to no avail. I still have no fragments. Upon further research, I now theorise that I would need to complete the epic 2.0 questline in order for these to drop...

Can anyone confirm this theory? Has anyone out there NOT done the epic 2.0 questline but had fragments?

If what I'm saying is correct, then it's a little bit pointless including the epic 2.0 spells as part of the CD sig reward. I would suggest that either a) these fragments should drop from zones in CD or b) they should be available from the CD merchants for CD currency.

Thoughts anyone?
  6. Vuetee Member

I sense sarcasm... damn right though. I'm paying a subscription to EQ2, not google.
    Seefar likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The fragments you need drop from the KA PQs, specifically the Ill Omen one and the one in Jarsath Wastes where you fight the Iksar Statue. They also drop in PoP raids.
    Soara likes this.
  8. Tajar Well-Known Member

Yes, but only if you've done the actual epic on said toon. I play a few toons, and only the ones that did their epics have gotten any fragments.
  9. Vuetee Member

So you have done the epic 2.0 on those toons and those you haven't done epic 2.0 on don't get fragments?

I guess another questline is about to be on the cards...
  10. Tommara Active Member

Nope, no sarcasm meant. I say what I mean, or at least try to. I've found that being direct usually works better at achieving my goals, but I'm an engineer, so my logical thinking abilities eclipse my communication skills by a large margin.
    Gubba Bump likes this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I think people are making an assumption without a large enough data sample to be meaningful, because most people don't understand p value.
  12. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I understand the value of pie... especially with a la mode!
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Pixistik like this.