Why do Monks always get Ignored and continue to WAIT?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Deranged, Apr 27, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Deranged Guest

I am sick of waiting for something to happen to our class, like why cant the devs make it possible for us to tank large encounters or hard hitting encounters?!
    Wait im even more sick of seeing HEALERS!!! Parse 10,000+!! YES 10K+ to make it worse 10k+ Raid trash ZONEWIDES!
    I am so sick of waiting! Which #@$%!*$ Dev do I need to pay a bonus check to START CHANGING SOMETHING!
    Our class maxes out ca's with legendary loot, our hit rates are PATHETIC, our aa's are just enough deserve our class to be removed from this game!!! Their are so many reasons why we deserve some changes its nice to see NO RESPONSES, NONE!!!!! From Devs, TY FOR BETTER COMMUNICATION!!! How did you all get your jobs....it makes me sick wasting a lot of our time struggling...
    I dunno i felt that one of us Monks had to say something serious because we are a dying useless class and im sick of making excuses in raids to keep my spot, very unconsistent dps and not being able to hold hate on large amounts of adds and taking hits from avatars or high end raid nameds. I dont think they have any clue how hard it is for us to reach a 10k zonewide...
    Just sick of it and done wasting my time, but seriously I thought id just say Thank You for making EXCUSES not to push changes forward for our class, acutally I just need to point you out Aeralik! Thanks for making your class over powered! Thanks for messing up every classes dps! Thankyou for ignoring us about everything we say! Thankyou for doing your job! .......................Thankyou for doing NOTHING!!
  2. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

It's because they are either indecisive due to conflicting class views by brawlers, (some want to tank raids, others want to be scouts). Or most likely it could be that they are simply incompetant....
  3. ARCHIVED-couching Guest

I second OP's post.
    Monks got totally ignored by developers in TSO. We had sent a lot of feedback since TSO beta and nothing changed.
    Our dps in garbage.
    Our survivability is garbage.
    Our AoE aggro/dps is garbage.
    The only reason I still play this game is the friendship from my guild, not this garbage content.
    There are enough posts of constructive feedback and still, useless. It falls to deaf's ear.
    Aeralik already knew what problems we suffered but he refused to fix it because his fighter revamp was cancelled.
    It's really sad that a lot of good monks left this game just because the incompetent and irresponsible developers.
  4. ARCHIVED-couching Guest

Lethe5683 wrote:
    It has nothing to do with a unified voice.
    Look at monk TSO aa, full of junk. If your reason was true, at least we can get some useful dps or tanking aa. None exists.
    Meditative healing is garbage. When bruiser and other plate tanks can tank TSO raid content with significant less crit mitigation, monk is totally shafted.
    Our peel aa is another biggest joke because it didn't work on 99% tso raid targets. Seriously, since SoE made peel useless in TSO raid, why did SoE give us aa to enhance a garbage? Are developers out of their mind?
    Our heal aa is useless when we get TSO set gear. Why? Why give us redauntant aa and set bonus? Is it really that hard to give us a useful aa or useful set bonus?
    Our bob and weave is another garbage. Even green mobs can still hit through it, not to say raid mobs with strikethrough.
    Our mit stance is the only not that garbage tank aa, but still, the reuse timer of iron stance is way too long to make this aa really useful.
    For our dps aa, just one word: junk. They don't even deserve me to type why they suck so much.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Couching@Crushbone wrote:
    My post was worded badly but I did say the most likely reason is because the devs are simply incompetant.
  6. ARCHIVED-Deranged Guest

The whole design of the Brawlers in todays expansion is so #@$%^ UP. That should be enough reason for them to change us to give us a REASON and POINT to PLAY!!!
    Your right though they are incompetant and you know what makes me laugh at the PATHETIC answers and excuses they give us, and im sorry how hard is it to ask all of the Brawlers or read our posts/feedback to get something started.
    They seriously need to sit down and rethink our class, because they arnt getting the big question in their THICK HEADED SKULLS, or it PASSING OVER THERE HEAD!
  7. ARCHIVED-Editedmind Guest

Chill out guys. The best you can achieve is getting the thread locked (probably late, since this seems like a forgotten corner of the forum) and then nobody on the dev team will care anyway.
    Monks have been getting nerfed since the game started, and I don't think that's about to change. I think somewhere along the line some people started to confuse nerfs for progress in development, or fixes for problems. They're not. They just make things suck, and they make the gameplay experience for the player that much more tedious.
    The best and most interactive dev response I've yet seen was from TSO beta, to explain the nerf to our only group/raid buff, which went along the lines of "Monks aren't supposed to be known for a decent speed buff." which was more of a kick in the face than anything close to helpful or considerate. So you all want more of that?
    Frankly I would be happier if devs just stoped touching the class. Time and time again it's just been messed up and stuff is turned into sub-par versions of what other classes have. If they can't fix it, don't ask them to.
  8. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

Deranged wrote:
    See, now here is a fine example of somoene calling for nerfs without knowing the facts. Yes some healers are able to parse 10K on some trash mobs, but do you know why? They have high end gear, are specced for dps, and have a raid supporting them to kill the mob that fast. When a healer puts up those kind of numbers, everyone else in the raid is likely parsing that high too or higher. I'm sure a brawler in that raid is parsing 12K or higher for that trash mob.
  9. ARCHIVED-couching Guest

Crabbok@The Bazaar wrote:
    It's zone wide, average of 24 trash mobs.
    It's really impressive for a healer to deal 10k zw on 24 trash mobs no matter how good his/her gear, spec and buffs are in raid.
    On the contrary, when the dps gap between a healer and a supposed dps fighter, brawlers, is within 2k, it shows a big problem.
  10. ARCHIVED-ShinGoku Guest

/sign for a show of frustration!

I think the mechaics of the brawler classes is our downfall.
    Try the following: Fight the same mob 5 times and see how drastically your life bar differs by the end of each fight. I can honestly say that the RNG that seems to control avoidance is borked in my opinion, thats our real problem.
    Our avoidance seems to be the problem imo and I think our damage should be tuned up too.
  11. ARCHIVED-Deranged Guest

Well what ever, its just sad to see back in RoK I was always competiting the top 5 parsers around 7-10k, and now a Monk cant even compete with Bards...Because im having a hard time maintaining a 10k Zw on trash while bards are enjoying their 10-14k, rogues/chanters with their 15-19k and scouts/sorcerers with their 20k's+...
    I just dont get what happened to our class for us to gain like 1k-2k dps since RoK and every other class in the game jumped up double what they did in RoK...
    Does that not raise an eyebrow to devs? Maybe they did something wrong? Or they just dont want to admit it?
    And look at tanking, I just dont know what they are thinking because for me, RoK tanking seemed balanced for us compared to the just unbelievably stupid encounters of TSO...I seriously didnt think their job is hard...
    When are we going to see devs who act like a person and talk with the community not some robot who likes to write messages back that arnt even a straight answer and rather a "your all stupid, im right now get over it."
  12. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

At this point I'm honestly not expecting any fixes till the next expansion.
  13. ARCHIVED-mr23sgte Guest

I doubt it ... I had that hope from the last expansion for TSO, but Brawlers were ignored.
  14. ARCHIVED-Morrolan V Guest

Vinka@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Aeralik basically said as much in a recent post. I'm glad I am our raid leader - if my main has to sit in favor of an alt, it's more palatable to make that call myself.
  15. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Our DPS is fine. On Palace trash we can do 13-14k+ ZW if geared and buffed properly, when compared to a top end dpsing healer we are 30-40% more dps then them, when compared to a top end dpser on the same trash we are go figure 30-40% behind them.

What we need is our Avatar weapon buffed a little for dps thats about it, even if they just even it up with the top end dmg of our instanced weapon.

The biggest area of concern for monks is not dps it is tanking. We just fall way short of other tanks in the ability to hold agro and take a hit.
  16. ARCHIVED-Siatfallen Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    Link: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...sp; - Bolded text by me.
    Translation: If we're going to fix anything now, it's not going to be by adjusting tanking ability, but by looking at damage output. I know that's not much of any help if you're hoping to be adjusted to be on par with plate fighters for survivability, though. But the brawler classes are very, very obvious candidates for these adjustments.
  17. ARCHIVED-Morrolan V Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    You think that being 30-40% behind the dps classes is "fine"?
    If you already had an MT and an OT, would you bring a brawler on a raid in place of ANY equally geared and skilled dps class right now? If so, why?
    Our snap aggro (when it works) and damage prevention abilities can close a 10% gap, not 30-40%.
  18. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

ShinGoku wrote:
    Yeah, fighting those mobs in lavastorm (the^ ones) If I start with full hp and don't use any special moves like knockout combination or chi then the amount of HP I have left at the end varies from like 100% to 60%.
  19. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    My issues are that while brawlers maybe 30-40% ahead of healers in dps there are plate tanks that are equaling and at times beating brawlers. All things being equal brawlers should be ahead of plate tanks since we lack their survivability. That has been stated many times and we all should know this. Also since brawlers lack the utility that the rogues have brawler dps (all things being equal) should be equal to the rogues as well.
    I think brawlers are where they need to be as far as survival, but the dps just is not there to compensate for that survival loss.
    Otherwise if all fighter dps remains as close as it is then brawlers need to have just as good of survival as plates do against any mob.
  20. ARCHIVED-couching Guest

Our dps is not fine. Our dps is 30%-40% behind T2 dps, and 60%-70% behind T1 dps. More important, our dps is not better than plate tanks and they have better survivability. We need better survivability and better dps.