What race is your illusionist?

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-Dnelle74, Jul 14, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Dnelle74 Guest

Just curious what races everyone picked for their illusionist. I just started playing as erudite, but i might re-roll. I love illusionists but dont really like erudite. They say it doesnt matter what class you start out as, since you can fix the stats later. But I was just curious what you all chose.
  2. ARCHIVED-110euph Guest

I have a personal affinity for wood elves... all my favorite characters throughout gaming history have been some sort of elf, so I made a wood elf Illusionist. I've seen only two other wood elf Illusionists on my server. The low wood elf Int isn't a factor at all IMHO... an erudite with the exact same gear I have at my level might have another 6 or 10 int, which equates to maybe 30 power... not enough to cast one more spell. AND, as an illusionist, I never run out of power anyway. =)

Pick a race that you enjoy. Something you like looking at. I have buddies who play female toons (in WoW) because they prefer to look at a hot female bottom compared to a male toon... while I can respect that point of view, the first time I got hit on I don't think I could handle it.

ah, well.

Check the link for Mezmyr in my sig if you want a pic, or to see my stats.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tarkadal Guest

Heh,
    I'm a wood elf too. Just thought it fit. But then again, my wizard's a barbarian...
  4. ARCHIVED-Stealth Status Guest

Erudite ftw.

Wouldn't have it any other way.
  5. ARCHIVED-TuxDave Guest

Human! But I did set my hometown to be Starcrest Commune. :smileyhappy:
  6. ARCHIVED-WAPCE Guest

I tried a couple Erudites when I was playing around with classes, but watching that grey skin every time I played was gross, so I decided on a High Elf female for my Illusionist. I already had a Human male for my main at the time, so a hot redhead was the ticket. ;)

Without a doubt, starting race is completely irrelevant, any stat can be easily capped, and there are no ultra-powerful racial traits/traditions that I've seen. This is especially true for mages, where INT controls both power and damage.
  7. ARCHIVED-carlspackler Guest

I used to have a dwarf Illusionist, but retired him to try out some other classes.
    Now that the betrayal quests are a little easier, I been thinking about making a ratonga Illusionist. I still laugh everytime I see a Froglock persona. I think it would be cool to see a little ratonga chasing me around too. Maybe even an ogre or troll would be fun too.
  8. ARCHIVED-Sillililygirl Guest

9. ARCHIVED-Manyak Guest

10. ARCHIVED-Fizwick Guest

The supreme race...at least once tinkering returns!

(dig the sig)
  11. ARCHIVED-Sinrizer Guest

Ogre here....biggest of them all :smileyvery-happy:

Overwhelming 70 Ogre illusionist <Torment> Befallen
  12. ARCHIVED-SpyrerTheFirst Guest

Troll Illusionist here! Onlyone on Runnyeye server that i have seen at least, anyone else seen any other Troll Illusionists?

P.S. Is anyone else freaked out by the fact that no-matter what gender your Illusionist is, his personae pet will turn into a female if you put on a group illusion :smileyhappy:
  13. ARCHIVED-Melmoth1820 Guest

I made an erudite originally, then decided to reroll him to high elf. When I sobered up, I realized I had clicked half-elf by accident, so I rerolled him again, but I chickened out this time and went erudite for max int.

In conclusion, I really wish I made myself a high-elf.
  14. ARCHIVED-Xanoth Guest

High elf... all my chars are high elves :p
  15. ARCHIVED-Kelson13 Guest

My Illusionist is a Fae.
    Well, he will be once the expansion comes out ;)
    I've wanted to create an Illusionist for a couple of months now, but I'll hold off since I like that race and the only class I haven't tried yet that I want to is an Illusionist.

Message Edited by Kelson13 on 07-15-2006 03:56 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-Galn Guest

Barbarian here, dont like the looks of erudites either, though now that I think of it they do get a LOT of illusion forms later on... hmmm might make the aura sight worth it.
  17. ARCHIVED-PurpleWarrior Guest

High Elf - Chose it because it felt right. I always imagines High Elves to be the real 'magic users' out of the elven races and I'd spent 6 months playing Orcs and Taurens in Some Other Universeâ„¢ and wanted something more normal looking for a while :smileyvery-happy:
  18. ARCHIVED-shenker Guest

Froglok all the way!
  19. ARCHIVED-Nolomite Guest

My brand-new Illusionist is a Wood Elf, for pretty much the wrong reason: I needed a Wood Elf Male for a specific hairstyle, and I needed that hairstyle to support my character name. This is the first time I am putting the 'race is irrelevant' axiom to the test - early on I optimized the combination via starting stats, and later by racial trait options. So I've gone superficial, but what the heck, I've got plenty of low-level gear to raise INT up to where it should be.

The hairstyle? That comb-forward look with the weeds woven into the back, colored white.
    The name? Flock Of'Seagulls, of course. That was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the 'do while rolling a different toon.
    I didn't like Swashie, so Flock got rerolled as an Illusionist. The Enchanters I've met during pickup groups have impressed the heck out of me, and the Illu looked to be more my speed than the Coercer.

Seagulls even fits in with that Wood Elf-Nautical Theme the guidebook suggests you name WEs with. As if I ever go by that advice!
  20. ARCHIVED-Oepi Guest

I've loved all elves since i started playing EQ1 in 2001 and its carried on through to EQ2.
    My Illusionist is a half-elf with silver and white hair and lightest green eyes :) she was made way back in the first week of launch and i have not had a problem with starting stats at all ... it all balances out as you level anyway.
    I love her :)
    Oepi