What keeps you here?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Celestia, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Celestia Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply everyone is negative all the time or anything, I just wanted a happy post I guess.
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Celestia Well-Known Member

I see. I was under the impression that you meant you had to be hard hard core. Sorry I misunderstood.
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am happy you two talked it over and figured it all out :)
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'm not a new player.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Celestia Well-Known Member

Um...isn't WoW basically eating itself alive, and players leaving in droves due to a HUGE sexual harassment lawsuit? If you wanna play it, by all means, do, but I would take dead with GH's over that. Just saying.
    Khavii, Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  6. Amalar The combined salt from all of SOE/DBGs fallen MMOs

Sure forget I mentioned WoW; everything about EQ2 is still true.
  7. Celestia Well-Known Member

I’m not denying it’s true. I’m just saying I don’t have a problem with it like many seem to.
    Breanna and Hartsmith like this.
  8. Carynn Well-Known Member

I'd rather know this and be mad at the devs for not designing stuff to be wearing RoS solo signature line reward gear, than go in wearing box gear and expecting to enjoy myself. But like with BoL, this game has gone away from the casual soloer who wears the prior level gear (or box gear, or MC gear like in KA) and is able to do solo content without much trouble, to needing to have expert+ spells and specific adorns and merc levels and merc gear and mount levels and mount gear and familiar levels to be able to do solo content.

My solution is that I wait before purchasing an expac until there are two to three years worth of content and a level up. Then I can go back and do the prior content above level and actually enjoy it.
    Breanna, witchy77 and Geroblue like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea , they came up with mercs to help people who want to solo the content more easily , not to make it a must .

But this thread is not about the problem soloing or finding a group or all that .
    This thread was about simply expressing why you are still playing EQ2 to spread the joy and wonder ( we all know not everything is great )
    This is a busyness , but forget that part here and only express your positive thoughts .
    Geroblue, Breanna and Hartsmith like this.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

No worries. People use the same word and it can sometimes have completely different meanings to the individuals. Just depends on your experience at times. That's why it's sometimes helpful to clarify how you're using terminology.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Leloes Well-Known Member

Tried WoW.....community is way too toxic....
    Rhvaurek, Svenone, Khavii and 4 others like this.
  12. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

I still enjoy the ability to decorate and crafting my own furniture and equipment. This is my place to go to get away from the stress of day to day life.

Yes, there are reasons to complain. The daily grind can become overwhelming when you are as much of an alt'aholic as I am. But it forces me to put the breaks on and be creative with how I organize my time in game, and since I have barely scratched the surface of old content, I am not worried about how newer areas have focused on aspects that do not interest me like raids and grouping with others.
    Komatus, Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  13. Louly Well-Known Member

Because of all the games I played this one is the most satisfying to me. $15.00 a month is a very small price to pay for hours and hours of entertainment. No where else has so much diversity. Although I will say in Rift I absolutely love my Budgie mount! And the dimensions aren't bad. But it's not EQ2
    I've been here for 14 years at least now and am still being entertained. :)
  14. Sunlei Well-Known Member

I am here because the game's down for Tuesday patch :cool: I stay and play because there are a gazillion different things to do and different ways to play the eq games. Currently I try to make a 'life' on the pvp server. I build a vast wealth & have so much fun gently harrassing the Freep sheep and Haven squatters. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.........

I edit to add, yeah I tried wow and omg that's a babies game, small cartoon world. I also tried the new amazon game its in beta. lol you get a gun upgrade the gun and skinning knife speed. omg, all eq ers know what kill stealing is?..no locks so you can shoot something, kill steal and skin it before they even know you're there. EQ players are gonna OWN that world so fast.
  15. Celestia Well-Known Member

I'm loving all these answers, thanks for your input everyone!
    Breanna, Geroblue and Hartsmith like this.
  16. Kittybock Well-Known Member

What keeps me here: The EQ2 community.

Per the thoughts on negative comments, there will always be those on any forum. Many folks don't bother commenting on anything in life, unless they are unhappy. Rarely do they take the time to post on a forum or contact a company and say, "OMG, we love you!" Maybe there should be more of the latter ;)
  17. Baodam Member

To be clear...I left Everquest II because of the micro transactions and the watered down game play. I'm back playing everquest because no other MMORPG can offer the variety of content. I had a full guild and raided but lost all of them because of the changes in armour, game mechanics, and micro-transactions. These things have made it so people that are playing the game can be top level without learning how to play the game. I had to show a level 120 crafter how to consign. When I asked him, he had only been playing the game for a week and was 120. I keep playing because no other MMORPG has the content. That being said, I don't pay for a subscription any more and I don't encourage friends to play. I play on the side just to fill time now. It's ridiculous that there are several sets of armor from 100-120. And each set is almost double the stats as the pervious set. It's also ridiculous that Rare Mastercrafted armor is better then coin paid armor. I could go on but why...it's not going to change. Oh one more thing...the name of the armor sets and the stats don't match at all. I have to wear two different armor sets just to get the normal stats a scout should have.
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure what keeps me here LOL I love this game, there is always something to do. I've gotten bored of the newer content so I've been spending a lot of my time doing old quest I never got around to. I think since TOT the game has changed a lot and not for the better. But with it's flaws it still keeps be logging in. I solo only now because all the people I used to run around with and group with are gone now. But I've found I like to solo. I don't have any problems in the new content because I do keep up with my spells and adornments and merc gear and mount gear ect... I just don't enjoy it as much as the older stuff for some reason. I don't spend money unless I buy something for decorating that I want. If I can't make or buy off the broker what I need then I wait until I can.

Komatus, Bhayar, Hartsmith and 2 others like this.
  19. Melt Actually plays the game

Alright, I'll answer for the raiding community since it seems most of the responses here are from "casuals"

My friends. That's it. This may not be my favorite restaurant, but it's where my friends hang out so I deal with it. I've chatted with (literally) hundreds of people in the same boat.

Oh, and Chrol's zones. VD2/Backwoods/Den3 highlight of the expac. Diaku last year, highlight of BoL.
  20. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

For some reason no matter how disgruntled I get (and I can assure you I am very much so at times) I end up coming back and visiting for a little bit. Especially when zone revisits come around for zones I generally liked (Toil and Trouble seems to have brought us back to Vasty Deep? XD).

For one thing, this is really one of the few games left with true Dwarves, even if the shattering beat a bunch of the spirit out of them.
    Breanna and Hartsmith like this.