What happened to my lighting???

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Leawyn, Dec 7, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Arbreth Guest

My 'tongas get this bad, not only the harlequin effect but also face blacking, color being off in the environment and their clothes. Zoning does not help.
  2. ARCHIVED-GermInUSA Guest

Ok sorry guys... I started to look into this before my Christmas break and have picked up looking into this now that I am back. I am closing in on the changes that caused this to happen.
    This will be fixed soon!
    Alex
  3. ARCHIVED-Zahk Guest

I didn't see this mentioned previously in the thread, but a similar problem occurred not that long ago with one patch, and a fix was implemented that did correct it... for awhile:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=508748

Although with the current issues of randomly switching back and forth on the lighting, I've also seen it affect ground textures, most noteably in Great Divide where large bands of snow were darkened compared to the rest of the ground, where normally they are the same color.
    Thought it might be helpful on locating a fix if you could refer back to the first incident of it happening (as far as I'm aware), and see what was changed to fix it at that time, might help locate the current culprit.
    Here's hoping it doesn't take too long to track down. :)
  4. ARCHIVED-GermInUSA Guest

Thanks for all your patience and replies.
    I was able to track down what change caused this problem and we are working to implement a valid fix right now. Unfortunately the random nature of this bug made it hard to track down and will make it hard to verify as being fixed so please bear with us a little bit longer. We should be able to nail it this week though.
    Thanks, Alex
  5. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Thanks!

I can sit at Character Select and click through my characters and each time I click a character, a different part of the body is lit "strangely" as if from underneath or within.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  6. ARCHIVED-Deneir_Allaston Guest

Just decided to post about this issue finally and found this thread... it looks like everyone else has said everything that needs to be said about this bug. Im glad to see the developers are at least aware of it and its being worked on, hopefully they can push out a fix for it soon (crossing fingers for today's patch fixing it).
  7. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

GermInUSA wrote:
    I hope you had a good holiday break!
    Thank you so much for taking the time to track this down and come up with a fix.
  8. ARCHIVED-Deneir_Allaston Guest

This is still not fixed as of the patch this morning. Here is an example screenshot of a character with the odd darker tint to their equipment (Tunic and Pants) as a result of this bug. The Tunic and Pants in this example are normally a plain white.
    [IMG]
  9. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

GermInUSA wrote:
    Did you read his reply? He JUST found the fix yesterday, which means now it has to go for testing and QA to be sure it's fixed and what not. Pretty sure his *little bit longer* did NOT mean the next day's patch....
  10. ARCHIVED-Deneir_Allaston Guest

Mystfit wrote:
    QA eh? To be fair this was an issue that was reported during the AoD Beta but didnt get much attention until the expansion launched on the 6th, as of today its already been about one month since the expansion (and this bug) landed on the live servers.
    I think most people have accepted the fact that issues like this would show up given this expansion's extremely short beta cycle, but does that mean people have to like it? No. Despite these facts I think the majority of players have been more then understanding of the duplicitous nature of this bug and the poor timing of it's appearance on the developers radar during the holidays...
  11. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the bug. One of my characters looks like she aged 70 years. My character select screen looks dreadful. I just don't see pointing out somethings not yet been fixedw hen it's been less then 24 hours since the fix was found.
  12. ARCHIVED-Raffir Guest

I was in game last night and all the colors and textures looked pretty good. I was even commenting on that fact to another guildie just before I signed off. As to it looks like the last update might have fixed things.
    After I signed off, I decided to roll another toon, so I signed back in and the "shiny hair / weirdly darkened skin tones" thing was back with a vengeance. I just gave up and went to bed shorty there after
    Raf
  13. ARCHIVED-MurFalad Guest

The best thing to do here is disable shader 1.0 as its clearly not working as well as people want it to ...
    Seriously though, with the drop of shader 3.0 I honestly could not tell if my armour was bugged or not now, this is what it looked like before
    [IMG]
    And this is it now, both at extreme quality.
    [IMG]
    So is it bugged? There does not seem to be any lighting effects on most of it.
    I'd like it to look more like metal with some light on it, instead it looks almost completely matt, and it runs slooooow.
  14. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

I have that same problem, Mur. I have to keep refreshing my texture resolution to get it to look right.