What happened to my lighting???

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Leawyn, Dec 7, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

Having similar problems with clothing, makes it look all smooth when it's not supposed to be.
  2. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

I'm having lots of issues, too. Clothing, hair, and house items mostly.
    Yesterday I logged in and my Rose Citizen's items were grey. Not a little grey, very very grey -with pink piping. I /bugged and /feedbacked and logged in later to find my clothes the same pink color they'd previously been. On and off my clothes continue to do that. I log in once and they are grey. Later they are pink.
    Today my cherry grove furniture had black marble inlays. I switched to 3.0 to see if they were black with 3.0 toggled on and my lighting in my house was crazy. 1/2 tile lit up, 1/2 not, my character's hair impossibly bright, etc. But..my marble inlays were the color they were when I bought them. I toggled back off (making a post about the tables in the meantime) and just now restarted with shader 1.0 back on - which is how I play normally, and miraculously the inlays on my cherry grove furniture were not black anymore.
    And my hair is going from the color I picked at creation to a really super bright version of that.
    Something is wonky.
  3. ARCHIVED-Flobdeth Guest

All the giants in KD instances have black heads, totally shadowed for a lot of my guild whilst the rest of them appears normal.
  4. ARCHIVED-FearDiadh Guest

This is also happening to me, but only on one of my computers. It looks as if some things are in a different lighting than other things that are attached (like the kromzek with bright legs and dark heads). I was afraid I had some bad files on the one machine and was dreading the uninstall and reinstall, but was about to do it anyway. I'm glad I saw this post.
  5. ARCHIVED-Vexil Guest

Happening to me now, but it's actually an improvement. Makes the Zerker Feral Strength armor an nice dark red instead of the almost pinkish tone it has.
  6. ARCHIVED-Haohmaru Guest

Howdy everyone,
    We're trying to find a solid repro for this. We're seeing this internally just as randomly, and much like some comments here, closing the client, zoning, relogging, etc. can clear the issue. Other simple commands we can run in our dev clients fix the issue too - it's quite the odd one! We'll let you know what's up when we know what's up.
  7. ARCHIVED-Einadin Guest

Haohmaru wrote:
    PM'd you with additional information that I hope is useful.
  8. ARCHIVED-GermInUSA Guest

Sorry guys, I am gonna come out of my new tech hiatus and take a look at this straight away!
    -Alex
  9. ARCHIVED-g0dless420 Guest

Thank you Devs! I'm kind of glad you can catch this one internally as well...it makes me (and I'm sure others) feel a bit more secure that it's not our 'systems' or drivers.
  10. ARCHIVED-Mysstie Guest

Yeah. I've seen the odd lighting as well. I've had it happen to the Citizen's Vest where they look really dark. Had it happen to the Festival Garb dresses. I've seen it with the Frostfell Hats. Running Windows XP Home/SP3, 1.5GB, with an NVidia 6800GT w/ version 178.13 drivers. No Shader 3.0 stuff here. Glad to see the Devs are seeing it as well so there's at least some hope. I hate this random stuff as you never know if what you do is really fixing the problem or not.
  11. ARCHIVED-Drakah Guest

I have it here too. "an erutdite bookcase" goes from shiny silver, to a dull grey. The Globe port thingy goes from a nice flat tan color, to a super dark brown and the globe looks brighter.
    I also have these screenshots (Before and then soon after). This happens 50% of the time on Login as well as during the game. Shaders just freak out!
    ATI Radeon 4870 (11.11 driver and have tried 10.2 and UP, yes I tried all lol), Windows 7 64 bit, 4gb memory. Clean Fresh NEW installation, all Default options, High Quality.
    [IMG][IMG]

I figured I would try a day with the Complex shader turned OFF, and this one time, this character looked like he does in the right side picture with no graphic. But when I turned complex shader back on, he looked fine.
    [IMG][IMG]

And in this picture, I was talking to her, and 20 minutes later, she looked like the rightside picture. It could had changed when I left the room for a minute and came back, but I didnt zone.
    [IMG][IMG]
  12. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

This has been happening to most, if not all, of my characters too.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kessia189 Guest

I've been having this problem too since GU62, usually one or more of the following:
    - Female Human armour loses all lighting
    - Female Freeblood skin loses all lighting
    - Female Freeblood eyes lose all lighting
    - The AoD Pegasus loses lighting from its torso up (legs oddly unaffected)
    - Female Half Elves lose lighting on all armour, or if wearing a robe just the torso section
    - Female Half Elf skin loses all lighting on their faces

I have screenshots of all of these but don't have access to my home computer at the moment to upload them.
  14. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

So with everyone going on vacation for the next 2 weeks, I'm guessing we have to put up with this until at least that long. That makes me sad =( Still happening, in many incarnations, and relogging doesn't always fix it. Its probably too late now, but oh well, figured I'd bump with a note about my disappointment.
  15. ARCHIVED-Drakah Guest

Still happening here too. So even with them turning off shaders 3.0, can safely say, that was not the culprit with this issue.
  16. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Yup when I logged in my human female she looked mostly normal but for weird lighting on her hair (parts were shiny & parts had very dark streaks) but when I zoned she looked like a reverse raccoon. Face went all dark except for right around her eyes & her ears. The eyes & ears stayed normal color & shading.
  17. ARCHIVED-Mysstie Guest

Yeah, here's my latest example:
    [IMG]
    The left side is correct and the right side is wrong where the pants are too dark. When I see it happen, restarting the game usually fixes it. When it happens, it seems to affect anything based on the same clothing model. I can't find any pattern as to when it happens or not.
  18. ARCHIVED-Einadin Guest

Any news on this?
  19. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

Happens to me a lot too - especially on the standard model horses.
    Sometimes if I enable 3D and disable it again it goes away.
  20. ARCHIVED-Drakah Guest

This is getting so annoying....