What do you want to see in the next TLP?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kurth, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Krov Active Member

This community is silly , there has been a few TLE's for eq2 and everything the people are asking has been asked since SH.

This is from class balance to proper itemization , there unable to fix this game ... if multiple TLE's have not proven it by now I don't know what to say .. the sad thing is if it was done long ago when we asked the game itself be in a better place and the dev's wouldn't be wasting time rehashing the same fix for a fix for a fix that was 3 tle's ago and still broken.
  2. Evilary Well-Known Member

You would think they would start saving the data from their fixes on the TLE versions. Instead of having the same issue's each time. Maybe it's time to uncouple the live server and TLE server updates. It hurts Live and TLE.
  3. Shaie Active Member

I said that with the very first TLE launch - I was shocked that the live & TLE servers were tied together like they are. And I totally agree with you now, they absolutely SHOULD be unlinked.

Another thing I'd like to see is the return of the pre-expansion events. Blizzard does this & they're just as much fun now (even when we know what's going to happen!) as they were then.
  4. Bydekm New Member

I'd like to see the next TLE less powerlevel focused. Slow it down. There's so much early content that gets quickly passed by in the race to 50. Either make kill xp severely reduced or cap it at 10 or 20 for a few weeks, No Halas, No Neriak, no xp pots. People can focus on grouping and questing, early Heritage quests would actually be achievements, upgrades, and wearable. Lock the level 30-50 zones until they're in progression, and bring back the questlines to unlock them when they are. Up the level cap by 10 every couple of weeks until 50, then proceed as normal.

EQ2 launch wasn't perfect, but I have a lot of fond memories of it. Heritage quests were difficult, mobs hit a lot harder, unlocking your final class at 20 was a real accomplishment.

Also, disable auto-follow. Would reduce a lot of the botting.
    Pantero and Zenji like this.
  5. Evilary Well-Known Member

Sadly, no matter what changes the davelopers make. The powerlevel crowd will still rush through the content quicker than anyone else and be at max level while the rest of them sit back and do it slower.
  6. Bydekm New Member

So, how to combat that? Level cap at 10 or 20, severely reduce kill and collection quest xp. Raise xp gained from quests. Can't stop them, but we can give regular players time and a decent chance to be on par with them.
  7. Evilary Well-Known Member

You take away their version of fun and they'll leave. Which will leave the server less populated and Darkpaw may consider it a failure and shut it down.
  8. Bydekm New Member

Maybe, but I suspect they'll shuffle back when 50 hits, which shouldn't take more than a month and a half at most. Regardless, this is simply what I'd like to see in a TLP. If Darkpaw has to cater to botters or fail, then we're in a pretty bad place.
  9. Evilary Well-Known Member

Based on how they did the latest expansion, they are in a pretty bad place. Everything is intended to squeeze extra grinding out of everyone.
  10. Zenji Well-Known Member

Staggered Level caps is being done on a WoW classic server, and when done correctly it adds a new flavor to the game. Now do I think the team at DP can pull that off? Not likely, but it's nice to have on a wish list.

Have you seen the KD server? average daily user count has been less than 10 for well over a year. Only time it sees players is when someone makes an alt account and needs to do the quest for the green adorn.
  11. Evilary Well-Known Member

I'm surprised they haven't shut it down. Who knows, maybe the new one later this year is being made to replace it so they can shut it down.
  12. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

could always slow down progression by putting back all of the original access quest requirements, instance lockouts, quest requirements, respawn timers, placeholders, and in-zone respawns for dungeons. I mean, if you're going to gate content, use the content gates that historically existed.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Krov Active Member

The access quest's are a joke , that will not slow progression.
    Zenji likes this.
  14. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I don't think you remember the sheer scale of how much was originally locked behind access quests, especially access quests that involved rare contested spawns and hard instance lockouts. Individually they may not be significant but they pile up, especially when you want to level alts.
  15. Jandraligeli Member

I want then to recognise that the nostalgia that so many had for the original TLE has now been generally exhausted. If they want people to play in the future, it's got to be more than a reset or a gimmick. It needs to be a coherent and enjoyable experience.

Class balance, itemisation and challenge need to be holistic. No longer non existent, class balance, or in isolation itemisation vs challenge. In additional various quality of life enhancements called for throughout this process.
  16. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Fix it so botting programs won't work on the server. But that would mess up half of the high end raid guilds.
    Siren likes this.
  17. Evilary Well-Known Member

That would be an impossible task. If they found a way to make botting programs not work, someone would just come up with a better bot. As long as you are playing on a computer that connects to another computer/server, there will always be a way to do sketchy stuff on your side.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  18. Krov Active Member

I am just going to point out and remind you , I have completed every single quest from classic through TSO and did it on point progression wise. There was only two people that where even remotely close that was Quester and another person we went back and forth on a rotation , that changed daily between us on the leaderboard.

I will give you this for the average player it will be a time sink and make the disparity even larger between power levelers and casuals, for someone that is dedicated to leveling to cap as fast as humanly possible it will do nothing to slow the rate down.

That is just my personal opinion and I really hope there able to make it a challenge and fix itemization. I just do not see them "fixing" eq2 , because TLP's have a expiration date and that is now part of there plan for monetization.
  19. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

I am just going to point and remind you, that the "challenge" that EQ2 used to have, was because the content you were doing at the time was unknown to you. When people were going through Vanilla, DoF, KoS, EoF, RoK, TSO, the entire way, strategies weren't known for every single NPC on day 1, yet you all keep acting like somehow the right itemization and mob-dps:mitigation+hps from the raid is going to give you that feeling again of defeating the unknown.

Do most of you even remember that after 10 wipes from Vanilla EQ2 to KoS that was it? That was the end of the raid? Everyone had used their personal repair kits in DoF on their mains. There were no persistent raid instances yet. Until repair bots in EoF, you raid was DONE after 10 deaths of your tanks. That is NOT the case now, everything is persistent, "oh well just go repair, we'll take 10 minutes and keep at it". It's all so blasé faire.

The only way for EQ2 to actually have a "challenge" again is for randomized encounter mechanics. Every time you load an instance up, the nameds pick from that tier (T5, T6, etc.) of scripts, and your raid never has any idea what the script is going to be, until you actually start fighting it.

Also having an encounter's script change after every 5th full raid wipe or something could be interesting as well, 1) forces the 'elite gamerz' to actually fully wipe 24 people 5 times if they really want to 'game' the system just for an 'easier' or more familiar encounter script, 2) For non-'elite gamerz' there would be a bit of pressure to keep things tight after that 3rd wipe and everyone is starting to learn the encounter now, "if we wipe two more times we'll have to learn a whole new encounter script", 3) keeps more in game money circulating out through repair bills.

But we all know that would involve a few hours of work, so...
  20. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

This, exactly. We didn't know how big the world was, or what the other 'lands' looked like, or how to get there. Today we have all kinds of shortcuts and most of us know every single zone and all the mechanics and pathing of all the NPCs. It's never going to have that feeling again.

That doesn't mean there's no value in hanging out with friends and enjoying the echoes of the memories of what it was like. Because when it was new, it was Something.