What do you want to see in the next TLP?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kurth, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Krov Active Member

I want to know if there going to use the current itemization or if we are going to see another complete overhaul once again.
    Frostfang likes this.
  2. Venser Active Member

Kander mentioned in a podcast a couple of months back that they were reitemizing shattered lands thru DoV for the next TLE. I imagine the next TLE will release with mostly finished itemization and will always be an ongoing process.
  3. Skarltar Member

I know i am probably in the minority here but some things I would like to see in the next TLE are::

1) The removal of Leaper mounts till it was originally unlocked
    2) Classic zone access so only Freeport and Qeynos till the correct expansion
    3) More interesting itemization! I want to be immersed in looking for items specifically for my class. Would be good if the itemization drives players to do less common content. Quest loot should have more variance so discovering a really good quest item brings back excitement to do it.
    4) limited mounts till appropriate time.
    5) class quests and original suburb quests back

I know a bunch of people have done the content over and over again but getting to the end in the fastest time possible is only so fun so many times. Truthfully i would like to see a much more classic experience. Hell I would even like to see corpse runs and xp debt back to add some variance.

Edit: I forgot that to add that i would also like to see the Froglok quest have to be done before Frogloks come in the game. Would be fun to have that as an objective when starting out day one again
  4. Defub New Member

I could never understand why people want to rush to max on a TLE server, I thought that's what live was for.

As for merc's, that will be the end of group content besides raiding. Why look for a group when you can use a merc that is practically as powerful as a full group. Mercs are a fine idea, but just way too powerful. They should be used as a alternative when you can't find a certain class needed for a dungeon or when solo'ing and a mob is a bit too tough. Not to push you through all the content.
  5. Venser Active Member

There's not very much content depending on the xpack and the farther you get into xpack releases the less low lvls there are. T5 has what, 2 months MAX worth of content? DoF has 1 month of content... rushing to max lvl has nothing to do with needing to be max lvl, some of us have just done TLE since 2015 and the live content when it was first released in 2004. Low lvl stuff doesn't take very long to get thru, all of it.
  6. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I'd like to see vet rewards introduced during the expac they were on live, with the start date for everyone based on the start date of the server.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

when I began to play EQ2 I was free to play , I very quickly upgraded to silver .
    When I started to play I only had a select view races to pick from , and I did have to do the froglok quest line to unlock that race , or pay for it .
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Venser Active Member

What rewards are you wanting so badly?
  9. Venser Active Member

Wasn't it unlocked for the entire server once anyone completed the quest line?
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

no , not for free to play , you had to be very inventive or pay for everything , like equipping anything better than treasured ,
    ending something by mail or even talking on General chat. So lot's of things that subscribers take for granted free to play accounts just had no access to.
    Things are different now .
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Arandar Well-Known Member

The mercs that people would be able to get would likely not be that powerful, even if they made them available in line with progress (and they've definitely been nerfed). Players on live mostly use them like familiars, for their passive battalion buffs, not for replacing a group.
  12. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the mid content dished out in smaller doses over more monthly updates whenever viable. Spirits of the Lost, Bloodline, and Splitpaw can all come separately. WoE and Munzoks can be separate from Monument and Might. Delay epics a month or so in RoK. Bring back required access quests in classic. Reshuffle quest updates like the dragon runes, collection pages, SoD clickies, etc. whenever possible so we have to actually work through the quests again instead of just exercising muscle memory. Make the wiki useless for TLE. Increase the amount of xp debt incurred on death.
  13. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Honestly I'm not hugely concerned about it, but people keep bringing it up and some of them are nice, so I wouldn't mind seeing them in an era-appropriate context as opposed to being dumped out in full on opening day.
  14. Defub New Member

When they first released them, and even some time after they were ridiculously powerful. I remember being able to do just about all the content from 1-Max (including dungeons) back then. Hopefully they will be dumbed down a bit for TLE.
  15. Poopoo Member

I would like to see the creation of Guilds cost match inflation. And have them (guild creation) cost about 100x more than it cost now. 60 plat to form a guild at launch. 600 plat to form a guild in TSO. Maybe then we'd stop seeing 100's of stupid guild names.

Also would like to see the exp required to level guilds up increased by 100x but along with that you need to give us guild halls which would also have extremely increased prices for rent and amenities.

Increasing these requirements might actually make people put in a little care, effort and loyalty to the guilds in the game rather than jumping all over the place. If you're part of getting a guild to level 30 and getting that guild the ability to get a guild hall and then the requirement of having to pool status and money for that guild hall, people will be more invested in it.
  16. Arandar Well-Known Member

Just to point out, there are no guildhalls on TLE servers now. They enabled them for Stormhold years ago, since then they've decided they are a Bad Thing(tm) and won't be available.
  17. Jnrai Member

What I want to see in the next server is the ability to play older dungeons at a scaleable difficulty. Vanilla fungeons have a great aesthetic and design. Let people run stormhold during TSO, scale up the gear and mob levels to 80 and make it competitive with Guk. scaleable content so older expansion remain relevant always.

Secondly, Implement a timed reward system to Running current dungeons with skilled groups. Compete guk in 40 minutes and you get a unique house pet and portals!! Awesome. Something that will create incentives to earning BiS gear and playing your class at an optimal level. The timed rewards should be flavour items or cosmetic/convenience, so the players don’t feel left out if they can’t beat it. timed dungeons put a healthy pressure on competitive gameplay and rewarding skilled players, most people consider this exciting gameplay. More reasons to actually play the game.

Looking at other mmo’s, it’s clear that mounts are one of the biggest reasons that people complete content. Stormhold, fallen gate, black burrow, each dungeon deserves a unique mount with a small drop chance on the last boss. Perhaps a developer can look into creating new models for DUNGEON REWARDS. You all see those mounts being added to the cash shop. That content should be available to people putting time into the game instead of locked behind a 20$ paywall. Less cash shop content and more new dungeon content to earn.
  18. Kalika Well-Known Member

I don t get why they don t have back up of the game, they could simply rollback to 2007 or around that and then add features like the daily quest for crafting/adorning or the lvl 20 mount questlines.

During EoF i could solo some heroic zones (academy of dvinn may be others, i could do the obelix of blight boxing sk/fury with alt tab (so not even playing both toon at their full potential). Mistmoore catacombs were solobale by summoners and i m sure by my sk (never really bothered too) . I m quite sure that the instance in loping plains with vampires was duoable.

The only place were you need more than two people was mistmoore castle, and indeed more due to repops or blue bringing adds than due to the diffuclty of single encounters ( and the few x2).

It was bout the same for all the others expansions for msot group content but a few exceptions, like zek x 2 emperor that probably required a full group at 50 or the lvl 50 special icy instance in everforst with ton of ratangas (the one related to the world event associated with the ratongas).

We also manged to clear HoF with just 2 people, paladin and conjuror when it was current content.

So yeap Kaladim was easy, was it too easy ? Well easy content means you can do fun things, like soloing duoing, trio-ing. This leave open much more opportunities. Now if you get a fullgroup the problem is not anymore to beat the instance but to clear it as fast as you can.

Indeed in a way that is better, this does not mean trivial game play cause your group will pull 3,4,5 encounters at once so dps healer and tanks will still have to really play.

Now about raiding, i m all for rather easy raiding so that you can raid in a semi-casual way, no need for a perfect roaster -- but still a solid core -- and the possibility to raid in alliance roasters in whcih the composition is not the best you could dream off.

And no need to raid 3 times a week either.

What is missing is a quite harder mode for hard core raiders.

My suggestion is too add heroic mode to both the heroic and raid content, just increase HP of the mobs and their damage a bit or a lot and let the loot there be a bit better and we shall be set.

Early WoW had heroic mode for heroic content and it was no joke compare to the normal mode. This alloed everyone to enjoy the content and to progress and hard core players had a challenge too.
  19. Xtanz New Member

I think it would be interesting to start a new TLE at EoF and lock out the expansions before that. Somewhat simulate the perspective from those on the Faydark prior to being reunited with the original game continents.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

For whatever reason, they didn't have a backup code repository that went back that far. Somebody actually found an old chunk of code that enabled them to put the starting islands and neighborhoods back in for the benefit of TLE.

Right now, there's still a whole series of city- and class-related quests going on in the city suburbs, filling them with aggro monsters.

It would be Really Nice if eventually we could have both... the livable suburbs, and a choice at the doors to enter the quest-related aggro zones instead.
    Breanna likes this.