What do you want to see in the next TLP?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kurth, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Lovidicus , I am in a pretty good guilds that raids and frankly they gave up on even trying to kill Trakanon , because challenging has no meaning if the reward stinks ,so all we did is make our painful way through VP to get everybody their Mythical who wanted it
    My wish for the next TLE would be that people who have to much money would not be able to buy their way to the top and than sell trips to zones for updates for lots of plat , But I guess there are customers so who am I to complain .
    But that is just wishful thinking , I guess because why would anybody give up a lucrative business even if it's just virtual .
    I just remember there being more Pug runs on FG for zones that where needed for quests and gear up

there are 2 open trade servers that do just that
    Island of Refuge and Rivervale
    all Heirloom items
    that are not bought from the market place including tokens and such are tradable , the sad news is they both have a lower population now than the Public Test server
    The only thing I could imagine different is to have a free trade TLE .

If you don't like Hunter , don't do it , or are you afraid of non Raiders getting at least 2 items that are as good as raid gear ,
    we work hard to get those .
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Xtanz New Member

I'd like to see a TLE not get scrapped however if there is going to be another I'd like many of the original instance and dungeon bosses revamped. Give them a script and make the fights more modern. Even a simple script like Darathar calling the zone at 30% HP would change how people run that instance. There are also those underutilized or forgotten instances that could be given new purpose like the random doors in Zek or the riverbed dirt piles in Thundering Steppes.

I think what I'm looking for in a TLE has changed. Nostalgia was there for Stormhold and I had a good time there but at this point it's more about the refresh and having common goals with other players of the same level; working on the Armor quest timeline from early to mid 20's for example. That said I've done that same armor quest so many times with different classes that I'd like to see a twist or surprise. For example an additional quest at the end of the AQ that sends you to one of those dirt pile instances where you have to kill a named beetle (new or existing) that spawns mezzable or rootable adds at 50%.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  3. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

So basically what I am reading is that nobody really wants a TLE server, they just want a new version of EQ2 set in the old zones.
    Kalika, Breanna and Zenji like this.
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

Up to some point that would be fine, but i would dislike to have to equip a stength set of gear to do solo questing on my healers.

What would actually make sense would be if heroic mobs could actually deal damage to tanks, my crappy returning SK is already somewhat immune so imagine a paladin with mythical or a guardian ;-)
  5. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Not me. I want full classic.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Or strength gear to be able to limp, slowly, from the crafting area to your bank, or from the mailbox when some joker sends you 1000c.
    Arielle Nightshade, Siren and Kalika like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am so over this nostalgia thing ,
    I like the idea that all those instances and nameds get a work over and new scripts so people have to rediscover how to fight them .
    I don't think you can sell more challenging nameds to Joe Average , as in them hitting harder or wiping the group or raid every 10 seconds if you don't find a rose hidden somewhere in the zone , or fighting a mob for an hour . that's so eq1.

I also like Xtanzes idea to bring those little forgotten zones back in to focus maybe make some new quests that require them ,
    but give desirable loot .
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Boldac Active Member

Maybe that is part of the problem though. I won't say early EQ1 was hard...but it was challenging. You had pay attention to your discussions with the NPCs, be careful where you ran (and where you died, so you didn't lose your corpse and your gear), you had to work together with others.

Early EQ2 was the same way. There was a challenge. You had to be careful with populated rooms, you couldn't just pull an entire floor of a zone and survive. There was some sort of class identity. Warlocks were the AoE and encounter nukers while Wizards were hard hitting single target firepower. You couldn't just stack a bunch of AoE damage classes and win. You needed a balance. A good tank to take the hits, and a good healer to mend the ones who got hit. Enchanters who were on the spot with mez's so that random add (or adds) didn't eat the group.

Now the game, both live and the TLE have turned into this....step 1, get as much AOE damage as you can...step 2, run into the room and pull everything....step 3, smash AOEs until it is all dead....3 seconds later, do the same in the next room. I've seen dungeon runs with no tank...and some with no healer.

I don't think anyone is asking that the next TLE have L1 snakes that are one-shotting L10 toons with their kick attack....but a little challenge would be good...and a bit better class balance so the sum of 2 classes isn't greater than the sum of the rest.
    Kalika likes this.
  9. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I know what I want to see, developers who give a damn.
    Finnwizz, Kalika and Mizgamer62 like this.
  10. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

^^^ THIS ^^^

Although I think that horse not only left the barn, but died and turned to compost.
  11. Elskidorr Active Member

Itemization that makes sense is a big one. I could do without 8 months of Shattered Lands and DoF too. If they don't want to start one in KoS or EoF then 1 month of classic and 1 month of DoF might work. Keep the XP how it is though preferably...
  12. Poopoo Member

The lack of effort in making this TLE enjoyable is a disgrace.
    Mizgamer62 and Kalika like this.
  13. Poopoo Member

Gear is so unexciting that I'm pretty sure DoV will (again) be the last exp pack for me.
  14. Kalika Well-Known Member

Either they don't even try or they don't have any clue, my caster keep getting gat with no reuse but instead dps or haste or even strikethrough.

The automated generation of gear was written by someone with no clue about the game and so he/she just threw stat with some sort of equivalence table.

The t2 gear is absurd, you get a full set of plate gear with %HP (mostly tank) and casting speed + crap.

I was given 4-5 choice of rewards for quest, usually you have one for each archetype (scout, mage, priest, tank) but they were all the same with stats completely messed up.
    There is zero overall consistency, some quested jewlery misses resistances (which makes them useless) and some cloak and charm do have some while 90% don't.

Ability mod may be 50 or around 200.

Fro difficulty i really prefered when when a high 70sh tank would stop and think how he could pull 2 SK harmtoucher in sebilis ... stoneskin ? death prevent, megaward? perfect body pull ?
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  15. Boldac Active Member

I don't think its even that. Some of the newer zones are quite nice too. The problem I have with the live game is the stat creep.

Wait...not creep....more like over-the-top insane amounts of stats. And the overall lack of "fun".

TBH, even the current TLE is rapidly becoming less than fun. Between bugged abilities either over performing or not performing at all, abysmal amounts of quest xp, more bot groups and power levelers than regular groups, lack of variety on gear, L80 crafted gear that shows up as L70 once you craft it, the one or two stupidly OP classes left to rampage while others are left to rot....I could go on....but I don't think it would matter. /rantoff
  16. Shaie Active Member

Apologies for the necro, but I think a new TLE is probably in the works now so may as well bring our concerns to the table again, right?

What I would like to see (I started playing in 2008, I believe EoF was the current expansion then):

SEPARATE THE TLE FROM LIVE SERVERS (This is something Blizzard did RIGHT when they released WoW Classic and what should have been done with the TLEs right from the start). There are a lot of things that just do not need to be on the TLE, like the current issue I have with getting a notification that I've received the Ballads of Zimara Overseer quest, oh no wait I didn't because that expansion is not available for the TLE, EVERY SINGLE TIME I ZONE. TLE doesn't need Overseer quests anyway! Not to mention, IF they separated TLE & Live, they potentially could bring back all those little quests in "the slums" areas of Freeport & Qeynos, something players have been asking for since Sony/Daybreak first broached the idea of TLEs. Could also bring back the requirement of finding the Druid Rings & clicking the shrub to attune to them before you could use them to travel. I remember doing that when I first started playing (it was removed not too long after, iIrc but I enjoyed the exploration aspect of the attunement process) & it encouraged exploration of the various areas.

NO KRONOS. At all. Ever. You need to have a sub to play TLE, so you have access to the Live servers. You want to buy & sell Kronos? Do it there. Stop wrecking the TLE economy.

Speaking of which, I do like the idea of Free Trade, but what exactly has changed? Every item I've earned or found so far is NO TRADE, just like those items have always been. If we're gonna have a Free Trade server, then let us trade EVERYTHING; isn't that the whole point???

Give us access to our Vet rewards as they became available originally. While I understand that you make money selling XP pots in the Market, it's not like we get a huge amount from our Vet rewards. Allowing us those items would likely not cut into your sales that much, especially if the ones offered in the Market are better than the Vet rewards (just to be clear, I've never purchased XP pots from the Market & likely never will). Also, what we DO get are so hit & miss - We don't get the Bonsai Tree, Monkey Collar or Robot, but we get the "Strange Egg" and EVERYTHING from the last 3-6ish expansions? Either give us ALL or give us NONE. Not to mention, the backpacks are nice for new characters.

(This is something needed on Live servers too, to be honest.) As was mentioned above, REMOVE THE RARE ROOTS FROM FRUIT/VEGGIE SHRUBS. The drop rate for those from roots seems appropriate to me, however the drop rate of the rare food/drink item is ATROCIOUS to begin with and when you add in the much better drop rate for the rare roots... Of course, if you split TLE from Live, potentially the rare food/drink drops can be removed also, since they only came out a few xpacs ago (that said though, they should ALWAYS have been in the game and I always wondered why there wasn't a rare food/drink item).

I'd also love to see only FP/Q available at launch (along with their respective starter islands), with the other Capitals becoming available with their appropriate expansions. People are worried that there won't be enough content? That's fine, release the next expansion after maybe only 8 weeks instead of 12/14/16. Trickle between-expansion content over a multiple week period, others have mentioned that several bits of content could be released separately from one another rather than as a chunk. Putting back all those side quests in the old areas of the two Capitals adds content as well, content that we haven't seen for a number of years so they'd be fresh-ish. I wonder if they could rebuild the missing content from the original games that were sold - I'm pretty sure I have my husband's copy packed away somewhere & I'd be happy to donate it if they could use it for that. He won't care as it's not a CE and he doesn't play.

That is all I can think of, for now. I can always add more later! Again, apologies for the necro, but like I said, there's probably a new one in the works right now so may as well make our wishes known again, right?
  17. DemonNfrendz New Member

18. Shaie Active Member

Then they should not allow us to /claim our DBC on TLE servers. If they can restrict our ability to /claim our Vet rewards, then they can surely also restrict our ability to /claim DBC.

I actually meant no Kronos on the TLE, not remove Kronos for all servers. As the remainder of the paragraph states, in order to access TLE one must have an active sub, therefore one can access the Live servers & sell them there.

I was actually referring to some of the quest rewards. Specifically to note one, there is a quest in GFay that rewards "Nut Encrusted Spider Flank (5)", which grants strength. That's great if you get the reward on a class that USES strength, but useless for any other class and they are NO-TRADE. If nothing else, make the stupid things (and quested gear rewards) Heirloom on a Free Trade Server. NOTHING should be NO-TRADE on a Free Trade Server, that's the ENTIRE point of "Free Trade"!

Oh, adding rare food/drink drops to Overseer's would be awesome! As it stands now, we get mats we can't even use so if they are going to keep Overseer's, then definitely give us mats we CAN use & include the rare food/drink mats.

Doesn't EQI have many many more players than EQII though? Do you think there would be that many in the starting areas if there were only 2? I have never seen more than maybe a dozen in any of the starting areas myself & I have been lucky enough to play on launch day for 2 of the TLEs. Not to mention, EQII does have layering - does EQI? (I haven't played 1 very much, as you can probably tell...)

Let's keep this going - as they try new things, we like or do not like them & they are showing that they care at least a tiny bit about what we want/do not want & what we like/do not like. If we don't tell them, they do not know and there is every possibility that we might make suggestions that they actually have not even considered, simply because they've been doing their jobs for so long.
  19. Tearofsoul Member

Wishful thinking, but I personally would love to play on a TLE:

* Sub + cosmetic ONLY shop, NO $100 exp potion, pet or any P2W crap
    * Proper itemization from raid

That is all.
  20. Liberal Active Member

A couple thoughts/wants:

- Focus effects enabled from EOF. I think a lot of classes are somewhat awkward because they were balanced around these in DOV. We are playing a mentored down version of the classes from DOV essentially.
    - Rebalancing of the "set" turquoise adorns from EOF/ROK.
    - Some kind of raid currency added for T5-TSO that has rewards similar to the seals of arad from sentinel's fate. Preferably these raid currencies award the player with some kind of turquoise adornment set bonus.
    - KOS heroics getting some lucrative rewards added to them, all of it being three stat is awkward considering DOF and EOF has a plethora of four stat pieces. The X2 from KOS, also had no real rewards and no re-playability beyond Claymore - which is just the first two floors and access to the X4 to get into deathtoll.
    - Lyceum/Halls of Seeing in Tenebrous Tangle having four blue stats instead of three.
    - Casting speed on gear bumped up to Multi Attack values, right now with how Adornments are balanced - it's more beneficial to wear full casting speed adorns and instead gear out in full multi attack, this extremely limits itemization post EOF.
    - Berserker/Bruiser balance at lower tiers. I think this can be accomplished by changing stone deaf to be for all damage mirroring tower of stone. I think berserker can be helped with a stamina buff being applied to their self buff. I also think a buff to the raid wide would be beneficial.
    - Necromancers could be tuned down and still top parses and provide a good amount of utility. possibly 15%.
    - The blighted horde set bonus from ROK is a bit overpowered, and pushes necromancers far above any other T1 in the game.
    - Haste/DPS Mod/AE Auto in my opinion could be bumped up to a higher value. Players are typically capped if you're running two utility classes (which most are), causing any pieces with these to be undesirable. AOE Auto in general on gear could be bumped up to 5% - and I think even then the pieces would be highly situational.
    - Curse of Darkness from warlock to be retuned to mirror Frigid Gift from wizard.
    - Wizard myth giving 10% ability double cast.
    - Shard of Hate bosses dropping more than one piece of gear for the first four nameds.
    - More than three avatars in EOF/ROK. I also think it would be neat for the EOF ones to stay in the game until ROK midcontent. ROK ones stay in until TSO midcontent, TSO ones stay in until SF midcontent.
    - More variance between heroic and raid gear in terms of stats. I think midway between the next tiers gear would be acceptable. IE EOF Heroic: 2.8%, Raids 3.3%. Next tier solo: 3.7%.

$0.02
    Zenji likes this.