WELCOME BACK!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Rousso, Jun 14, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

That attitude is almost as bad as people already totally whining about it.
    I have a wait and see attitude and I have played my necro since 12/04 and I dont see it changing now, but there is nothing wrong with providing feed back if people are not happy about the changes and have information to provide.
  2. ARCHIVED-Sebhan Guest

EQ1 necro was probably the best class I have ever played in any game. In fact, it was so good, that the only reason I even tried EQ2 back in 11 ot' 4 was to see if the necro in this game was anything like eq1. I had been away from sony for a few years at that point...sadly no, not really even that close, but fun in it's own right (here). It's a new spin on a classic mmorpg archtype.
  3. ARCHIVED-Abounds Guest

I'm amazed at some of these reactions. Necros got totally hurt in this last LU. If you can't see it, you either don't understand the mechanics of the game or choose to ignore what's in your face.

Some opt not to care and play a necro "cause they want to be a necro." Good for you, but this does't mean the changes were too heavily weighted. Some people chose to drive a Yugo cause they want to. The rest of us know better.

Then of course is the "you don't have to play a Necro if you don't like it" crowd. This is the crowd responsbile for the decline of so much in our society -- rather than fight for a change they believe in they opt to ignore things and just go away from it. The rest of us know better.

The orginal statement made about nefing summoners was that during specific Epic encounters summoners were coming out on the DPS lists higher than Wizards which is not intended. Rather than make such wide and sweeping changes to the characters why not change those encounters? The vast majority of raiding takes place at end-game levels (while t4 and t5 raiding exists, it's very seldom in comparison) ... so why change an entire 60 something levels of gamplay to make a situation you'll experience late in life on a raid the way the developers imagine it?
  4. ARCHIVED-Jerril Guest

SOE employees could take positions all over the country in clock towers with 30-06's and start picking off people and there still would be a few people on this forum that would testify in their defense that they were only rebalancing the population.
    2nd post is by some guy saying we were meant to be T3-new one on me-then he tries to change his tune after realizing how stupid he sounds making that inane comment.
    Give us a break--for once take off your skirts and put your pom-poms in the closet. I wouldn't doubt it if you guys thought the 98% nerf to a core trouby ability was ok also.
    Anti-fanboy club,
    Cheers,
    Jerril
    Message Edited by Jerril on 06-15-2006 10:35 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-Uanelven Guest

Best thing of all? Few people understood or played them. I loved to be that aloof.
  6. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

Very true. The difference between a well-played necro and a mediocre one was almost as large as it was between a well-played chanter and "not" in that game. Except in the tank classes (somewhat), that type of skill-division with such drastically different results just doesn't exist in eq2. Most are at least "good" without trying very much.

Oh, and in my big list, I forgot that necros could root too. ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-3cho Guest

I was on my 50 Necro last night, and other than havign to get used to the higher recasts on my dumbfire pets (45s and 1m)... the overall changes didn't seem to have a huge impact on my enjoyment. I have a M1 Grim Terror and an AD3 Scout and Tank. I'm sure people will have different opinions, but I'd say... so far... I've seen nothing to indicate that Necro's have been broken beyond recall.
  8. ARCHIVED-Masuim Guest

The nerf put you back in your place, d'you think the damage you could dish out was fair to the other pure DPS classes?

The nerf was justified, your whining is not.
  9. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

What place was that asstard troll? You have tons of parses about how the changes "put us back in our place"? I love people who spout their ignorant crap as a neaner neaner reply.
    There were a few problems that would have lowered our DPS appropriately, but the many changes together went to far and now they even screwed up the mage pet AI so it gets even worse if we try to use our mage pet....which was supposed to be T2 DPS, but there are many classes with more beefed up DPS than summoners if you actually had a clue.
    Swashys brigands Tier 2, doing tier 1 dps....Zerkers t3 doing t1 dps, Brawlers t3 doing t1 DPS at times, but mostly t2.
    None of this fixed the issues wiht warlocks or wizards...at all...so I am curious, what did this fix again?
  10. ARCHIVED-Uanelven Guest

Had enough time to pop into nest tonight and soloing took a big hit. Incoming damage to the tank is just relentless compared to what it used to be and I'm sure it can't all be attributed to the stun nerf. I'm off to smell some roses, have a beer and then try grouping at some point and hopefully have something positive to say.
  11. ARCHIVED-Rousso Guest

So necros solo well? News to me. My tank pet fully buffed gets owned in two or three hits fighting anything bigger than a ^ mob. Where is the harm in giving our tank pet enough Hp's or mitigation to actually be viable soloing. Most of my solo strategies pre LU24 involved using the pet as a DoT untill it died and then rooting and blasting the mob. The root and blast portion usually lasts over 70% of the fight. I am doing essentially what a wizzard would for most of the fight - just without any real tools for the job.
    After LU 24 my tank pet is so weak that it offers little extra staying power over my scout pet. Scout holds aggro a little better - takes about the same beating that the fighter pet does and does a little better DPS. IMHO all of our pets suck now for soloing.
    SOE if you dont want us to do any DPS, well you write the code, not much we can do about that. At the very least beef up our tank pet so that we can solo when we cant get into groups that need DPS.
  12. ARCHIVED-GusEQ Guest

Word is the next LU will add the spell for necros to summon flowers and rainbows...and candy.

Seriously though I was quite saddened by the huge hit all summoners took. While I didnt chose my Conj for dps I think this big of a nerf just shows that sony doesnt have a clue what they want the job of our class to be. Now I completly agree some things about our classes were over-powered, but IMO they went way overboard(even more-so with conjurors losing their Stifle ability). So what though, what can we do about it except argue and debate on sony's webspace. And pray that these same devs that noticed summoners being over-powered will also notice how FUBAR these changes were to soloing summoners. Ive read from some of the devs that they are not going to be as focussed on "gameplay" issues in the near-future because how much they have done the last few updates. I really hope that doesnt mean they are going to ignore class balancing, especially after such a big swing of the nerf bat in LU24.
  13. ARCHIVED-cavv Guest

HOLY CRAP!!
    what the hell is goin on here??!!?!?
    are you all serious?you can't be. do you realy deep down believe that with ANY of our pets we have been nerfed 40%??!?!? No way in hell ANYONE would be quiet about that, even the most ardent fanboi would be up in arms over that, don't look at the posted numbers go into the game and play, I have been and I can promise that its not that huge a difference, honestly 40% is gamebreaking, 17% is not. If it is that huge a difference everyone would notice. As for your pet dying in a few hits I cannot immagine what you are taking on, ^^ with the mage pet? yeah my tank pet seems to be taking more damage than it used to but it certainly doesn't die that fast, with the heals and pet heal staff i can and have, in the last few days, held off heroic mobs several levels higher than me, sure I can't solo them but I can keep them busy till the tank gets to them, if a single ^ solo mob was owning them in a few hits there is no way that could happen. And you know what, I am a firm believer in bringing up class issues on the forums, it works, but flippin out and saying we are at the bottom of parse lists is wrong, saying the class is broke is wrong, mention the issue, bring in parsed data, hard in game evidence not a half ***** addition of the LU math, from reading some of the stuff here I would assume that necros cant solo green down arrow mobs and do 10 damage in raids yet in game I see people still impressed at what we can do and necros still coming out on top of parsers against good players. an extra 15 seconds between dumbfire casts? easy on raids use that time to cast your DOT's your low level spells that proc lich or 2-3 lifetaps and guess what? your doing mega damage still, I don't know I guess there HAS to be something for people to complain about but please stop with the doom and gloom outlook, if it is really that bad put the toon aside, /bug and /feedback all the time and post up real info, would be an interesting diversion.
    P.S. I really bet the dev who mentioned DPS tiers is really kickin himself in the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]
  14. ARCHIVED-GusEQ Guest

Well, being that other devs have mentioned regretting that post I would have to imagine he cant be too thrilled about it after the fact either. While his intentions were harmless he caused a major uproar.
  15. ARCHIVED-Uanelven Guest

Message Edited by Uanelven on 06-21-2006 01:12 AM
  16. ARCHIVED-Rousso Guest

Ok here are some changes I have seen: I consistetly out DPS my scout pet in groups. That never happened before. Based on my parses from five levels ago (level 60) I was consistently doing in the mid 900's dps wise in groups. Now (at 65) my dps is consistently in the low 700s. Since I have been using ACT to maximize my DPS I also consistely out DPS other necros that I group with. Last night in blackscale I was outparsing a level 70 necro in 3 out of 5 fights.
    On the solo side, I have always felt the necro underpowered for soloing. My zerker and assassin alts both solo far better than my necro. After LU24 I can still solo, but sadly my pet is not with me for very much of the fight.
  17. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

Maybe my acronym database is not working correctly today, but what is ACT?
  18. ARCHIVED-Aerious Eldrin Guest

Advanced Combat Tracker
    But, back to subject above. As a person that made a Necro for only soloing since my play time has changed recently, I have to say that the nerf to tank pet is horrible. It really cannot take a hit anymore, and this I could probably handle, but w/ my pet heal changing from 189 then 89 every 4 sec for 20 sec, to 389 and then 59 every second, I can't cover the new dmg my pet is taking w/o grabing mad agro myself. My transfer life already does 570. I think that was a sufficent direct heal. I simply cannot heal my pet. I get more hate using my pet heal now then if I just drop my Transfer life.
    That is messed up. One or the other would have been a sufficent nerf imo. Either make the tank pet a wuss and leave heals alone, or leave tank alone and change heals. I mean, honestly, my pet at this level has a 36% hate gain buff and three taunts. It SHOULD be able to hold agro from my DoTs and heals.
  19. ARCHIVED-Winsarc11 Guest

I honestly dont see what you guys are talking about. Im still at the top of the dps parsers EVERY raid EVERY group, if my pets dont die. And im using my scout pet. I dont raid with idiots either. Every random raid ive gone to, my guild is usally the top5 dps, if they are that many of us there. Sure im parsing about 20% less than i did before the update, but im still about 10% above everyone else. Figure out your spell lineups, what order to chain cast (addtl if your a necro you should ALWAYS be casting). Long fights im still blowing everyone else away, shorter fights the parses are alittle closer.

As for soloing, i dont see much difference(except in the AP, my pet gets owned). In fact i actually soloed some mobs today, that i couldnt kill preLU (70^^^ top of PoA by the dragons). But then again i now have cabalist cover maxed and 47% avoidance, and our pet heal is slightly stronger.
  20. ARCHIVED-cavv Guest

OK well my main gripe was about people calling this the end of the class, game is ruined, and saying we took a 40% hit in dps wich is insane.....
    yeah I parse less than I usually do but I still come out ahead of people (GOOD PLAYERS) in group or raid situations, not consistantly #1 but easily within the top 5 and if I pay no attention to utility,tossin the odd heal ect, and go full tilt dps I can seriously compete if not bypass fully every other dps class in the raid and I still use scout.
    as for solo play I agree it is much harder than it was, pet cant hold aggro at all anymore, I tested by letting my pet take the mob down to 2/3 health, then i tossed in all my little damage spells and when the mob went down to 1/3 health I did my lifetap and BAM I had aggro everytime, then cut back completly, let tank toe to toe it with a green solo mob till the mob was at 1/3 life hit lifetap bringing the mob a toes length from deaths door and BAM I get aggro again everytime, throw in the fact that I have to heal the pet more since he is taking more damage and it seems like I'm in harclaves again playing tank for my pet, mind you its not impossible, I can still solo almost all of the content I could before but it takes longer and it seems like my lifetap has become a group only spell, needs to be fixed, but I'm not going to quit over it.