WELCOME BACK!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Rousso, Jun 14, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-x82nd77 Guest

I am trying to remain optimistic... but I remember the last class that had its damage tweeked and was a FOTM....... have you looked in the rangers forum?
  2. ARCHIVED-FTL Guest

Lets be honest here, lets say i am/we are not top dps? Lol so what i think i will live, i wont be packing up the game just because i am not the best of the best (but i do have a very good feeling we will, mainly the reason for being top, is the mage pet, can anyone show me where thats being nerfed? Didnt think so)

Even using the tank pet in offensive stance on raids (aoe immune for certain mobs ftw) still alows me to be up the top end, so i really don't know why people are so worried about this (Doom and gloom i need to phone the samaritans) lol

If you paid for a beer you didnt like, would u pay for it again?
  3. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

I bet Zald can still get T1 dps... you guys should try to be more like him.
  4. ARCHIVED-Greenie76 Guest

These changes wouldn't bother me so much if I felt my actual spells had more effectiveness in groups. Making our dumbfires work on encounters switching between targets as was mentioned in another post would be great. Right now when I assist the main tank, as I'm supposed to I find I can land maybe one and a lifetap on a mob before it dies. I don't even bother using dumbfires unless we're on a named or tougher ^^^. Even blue-white ^^^ non-named die pretty fast in high dps groups. I'm very happy they're changing the encounter DoT to still go off on the encounter if the mob it was targetted on dies. That was a great fix for me.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rousso Guest

Well, obviously, if you are not just ecstatic about a 30% DPS nerf you are either a noob or you dont really know how to play your class. I am a level 64 necro noob but I am excited about the nerf anyway. I am looking forward to being able to out DPS my assassin pet - finally!
    (sarcasm off)
  6. ARCHIVED-Winsarc11 Guest

Well the reason i think summoners got so powerful in the first place, was because back in the day (way before lu13) when we could hit t1 dps, but hardly anyone really new how. All the summoners complained about their dmg, this in turn caused a few upgrades that when combined with people figuring out how to really dps, put us way at the top.

This is what i imagine will happen to wizards. I have seen atleast 1 wizard EVER keep up with or beat me in parses on a raid, and that doesnt include the extra 150-200dps they get from dmg not attributed to them, which necros have none of. You just have to figure out the correct AA lines and spell combos, without dieing :) If one can do it, then they all can do it. So once they boost wizards, and more people realize hey we could do alot of dmg before, they will be topdogs on the totem pole high above everyone else.

So i envision Echoes of Faydwer to be dominated by the Wizzys. But thats just my opinion.

Anyways im not too worried. There are tons of other ways to increase dps with a summoner, in fact im testing out a few promising avenues already. One part of being a necro is they ALWAYS get nerfed, but somehow they adapt and stay around the top.
  7. ARCHIVED-Truwen Guest

Agreed, I play a necro because I like the class, I like the pets, I like the spells, I like the soloability, the survivabilty, the utility and best of all LICH!!! I don't play the class because I want to be super powerful uber DPS MAN...I play the class because i want to. If you play the class because you want the best DPS in the game you better start rolling out toons that are the best dps and upon their nerfage I encourage you to play the next t1 dps class...Necros have been stated as to be intended for the T2/T3 dps, and as such this is a welcome and expected change. I am just hoping they didn't screw the soloability with nerfing the graven attack. Also, I share the concern that people will start crying and not want to group with necros because we aren't their uber leet damage man any more. I have played on test for a couple weeks with these tweaks in play, I will say that it looked good and I didn't really notice a change with my play style being nerfed. Just the amount of damage...but now it is live so we will see what happens.

-Truwen
  8. ARCHIVED-PlageuReaver Guest

lets just put it as it is:
    If you dont like the new changes then just reroll, nobody is forcing you to be a necro
  9. ARCHIVED-Aerious Eldrin Guest

Hey all just a bit of humor. I will promise to post the next class I play. I was a 70 ranger, now a necro at 45, so when I get my necro to 70 and get another class I will be sure to post it so that everyone will know which is the next class to get a DPS nerf lol.
    I didn't even make the necro for DPS, made it cause I wanted to solo. Hope I stil can ok after this patch.
    Good luck to us all.
  10. ARCHIVED-PlageuReaver Guest

and? last char i played before i went serius on necro was lock. We got and still are getting screwed (nerf and not getting the 10k aoe nuke that the single target caster got)
  11. ARCHIVED-Sebhan Guest

Who really cares about tiers of dps, the only thing thats truthful about tiers is that people cry about them, which is why they are called tiers in the first place.

They are not nerfing anything about the necro that makes a necro powerful anyways. Its not that I have a scout pet, or a root, or a lifetap, or a dot, or a stun, or a snare, or a fear, or buffs, or can summon power to people or that i can heal or that I can rez or that I can throw a small army at a mob/pc, or give the right to breath underwater (and so on). It's that I can do all those things in one class and look like a billy badd **** doing it.

It's that no matter what situation I am in, if the mob can be killed by any class in this game solo then a necro can do it. If a group has a role that needs filling a necro can fill it and not even worry about what the role is.

It's that in pvp, I have killed people even without a pet up and with rez sickness. I did it just last night to a group of 2 blues and a green after dying in RoV. And yes I was amazed, and yes they hesitated and did suck, but it still happened.

So what if I can't kill things as fast as I used too, did you play a necro to do that? I don't know about you, but I don't recall even considering damage when I decided to play a necro. If it takes X amount of damage to kill a mob and necros can do X*2 damage in multiple ways on a mob and now they are reduces it to X*2 - .3(X) down to say X.....who cares. To date, the only solo mobs I have ever died too everyone else dies to also and, I can kill mobs that nobody else I know except that crazy bones sk even attempts. I personally never used my scout pet for those fights anyways.

Play a necro because being an evil harbringer of death is a privelage, not because some magical tier matters to overal satisfaction in a game. Your evil, don't whine get revenge. If your ultimate satisfaction is being at the top of the tiers then play a class at the top of the tiers and miss your necro's real skills while your slobbering over a numbers game.
  12. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

And I calculated almost no changes to my DPS based on ACTUALLY PLAYING ON TEST!

Now that the changes are live, lets see some actual parse numbers, or even better, just play the game and see if it actually affects your playstyle.
    Message Edited by Zald on 06-14-2006 02:34 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-Mordaki1 Guest

Ohh I know I know!

Whichever of you can do basic math!

Ok, what do I win?
  14. ARCHIVED-Kharzek Guest

I like the changes and am very happy with them. If anything all the people who only played for the DPS will re-roll and I can enjoy my Necro in peace. There were too many anways. >P
  15. ARCHIVED-Rousso Guest

LMAO Mord. Obviously Zald is correct. 33% scout pet DPS reduction + 30% scout pet skill reduction+ 25% dumbfire pet DPS reduction + 17% reduction to DoTs +x% reduction in other spells MUST = NO CHANGE AT ALL to our DPS. I like Zald's math mojo much better than mine. Mine is just depressing.
    After playing a bit and parsing some groups it looks like slightly around a 20% reduction while not useing my scout pet and around a 45% reduction while using the scout pet. BUT I am going to try to be more like Zald - obviously his skill at using his scout pet is vastly superior to mine.
  16. ARCHIVED-eburgos Guest

I played some yesterday and even went to a few raids, I dont see that big difference, I still remained at top on parsers (the scout pet dps is noticeably lower though) and I could even parse 1.8k dps using undead tide without dieing. Its not that big deal, the scout pet needed to lower its dps output.
  17. ARCHIVED-Krith Guest

Well put :D Necros are fun and incredibly versatile. We're basically all four archetypes rolled into one powerful package. If I want major DPS I play my Wizard. If I want to have fun solo or in groups I play my Necro.
  18. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

Hehe. Try an EQ1 necro. They literally CAN do everything, to an even greater extent than necros in this game. You think we in eq2 have a variety of abilities? EQ1's puts us to shame for variety of powers.

Off the top of my head: nuke (poison at the least, plus special anti-undead lines), lifetap (almost-unresistable), DoT (at LEAST 8 different stackable lines, varying resists too), lifetap DoTs, self-rune (ward in eq2), harmshield (invulnerability), self-evac, self-invisi, life transfers, pets, feign death, best self-mana regen in the game (like eq2 lich w/o dmg proc), mind wrack (tap mana from mob, gives mana regen to grp), direct mana transfer to other PCs (not hearts/shards, but just "boom" and they have mana), resist debuff, fear (doesn't break on dmg), snare (doesn't break on damage either), mez, -70% undead attack speed (70% IIRC), corpse summoning, ressurection. Umm... if I missed anything, any former eq1 necros can chime in.

;)
  19. ARCHIVED-siges Guest

now i miss my eq1 necro /cry
  20. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

No we were meant to be T2 with our DPS pets. There is not enough else to our characters to justify us being anything but T2.
    And with many other glaring imbalances ie Brawlers and Zerkers...there were other things to "fix" that were more important than whacking almost every damage spell we had.
    Scout pets needed the auto attack and DPS adjustments but they fixed a leaky faucet with a sledgehammer, not a wrench.