WELCOME BACK!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Rousso, Jun 14, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Rousso Guest

To third tier DPS!

woot

Why do I play this stupid game?
  2. ARCHIVED-PlageuReaver Guest

*ahum* We were meant to be T3 DPS, if you dont like it reroll.
    SOE has said before that this issue will be dealt with in time, and that time is now.

Not a fanboy, just stating as it is.

What I am afraid of though is that people are going to cry and say necros are useless and will not be wanting to group with us.
    But don't think thats gonna happen.
  3. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

T2 dps is our supposed spot on the holy tiers of dps.

T3 if we use our tank pet.

Im not too worried about the change i dont see that it will be too bad.
  4. ARCHIVED-PlageuReaver Guest

hehe glad to see not everyone is crying! =)
  5. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

Actually im looking forward to it, stealing agro was beginning to be a pain :p

Plus i might get to see undead tides full 15 odd dumbfires with the change.
  6. ARCHIVED-Koehianna Guest

I really don't care about our DPS nerf. There are so many other reasons to be playing a Necro, that if DPS is something worth crying about, you should reroll a new character.

Necros are the bestest! :smileyvery-happy:
  7. ARCHIVED-Rousso Guest

I calculate a 25 - 30% reduction in our overall DPS based on the various dev posts about LU24. We receive nothing - no increased utility - as a trade off. Will this effect our desirability for groups? You betcha! And it should. Re-roll? How 'bout this...consistency from SoE. They've had more than 2 years to get it right. Instead they hack and slash classes after people have been playing them and have developed expectations.
    Glad to see so many people so happy about losing 30% of our DPS. WOot WoOt!
  8. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

Who cares about dps? I can still kill things, i can still group and raid so wheres the issue?

Necro's are far more than DPS which is why i enjoy playing.
  9. ARCHIVED-Galerius Antoninus Guest

I am so happy our class will no longer be the FOTM, was getting tired of seeing dozens of newbie Necs running around these past cpl months.
  10. ARCHIVED-Rousso Guest

Hehe - I am confused. I thought you killed things by doing damage to them. Silly me. I guess necros have some utility I have overlooked that allows us to kill things without doing damage.
  11. ARCHIVED-Greenie76 Guest

Maybe now I can get Master spells for less than 8p on my server! Seriously, I hate being a popular class.
  12. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

Dont be facetious, we still will do good damage we just wont be doing more than our fair share.
  13. ARCHIVED-Whazy Guest

Well put.
    On a side note, the word "facetious" is the only word in the English language to use all 5 vowels in alphabetic order.
  14. ARCHIVED-Winsarc11 Guest

I too was getting sick of seeing all the n00b necros running around stealing my master spells. I really hope this gets rid of them. Im not scared of this change one bit. Its not hurting our solobility at all, actually helping it with our new pet heals.

And on raids fine, we will just be down with the rest of the melee dps, who are all still 20% above wizards heh. Love how they used that as an excuse to nerf us. Fix sorcerors or just make all t1 dps what t3 is now, t2 to t4 etc.......bleh

And to the OP, we have never actually been t3 dps so we cant exactly go back to it, I have been on top of the parsers since day one, ask anyone i group with. Its all about adapting to the changes, and this is yet another one of those many times we will have to do so.
    Message Edited by Winsarc11 on 06-14-2006 08:12 AM
    Message Edited by Winsarc11 on 06-14-2006 08:16 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-x82nd77 Guest

Whazy wrote:
    All I can say is wow... you have way to much time on your hands to even be retaining that bit of knowledge. But did you know the words ‘’stewardesses'’ and ‘’reverberated'’ are the longest words (12 letters) typed with only the left hand.
  16. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

They're only 8p on your server? Pretty soon adept1s are going to be around that price. Well, maybe not, but the prices are going out of control (adept1s are usually STARTING around 30-40gp each). Masters? Prepare to shell out 15p at LEAST even for the crappy ones.

If we lose FOTM status, that's good, but the nerf will still suck.
  17. ARCHIVED-Rousso Guest

There will not be any decrease in necros on any of the servers after this nerf. People don't delete characters. Hopefully fewer people will play them and that MIGHT lower the price of some necro masters. On my server I have already noticed some necro masters dropping in price. I picked up a couple of T7 masters for 3 to 4 plat range. Got the blighted horde for 7 plat. Undead tide however is still at 47 plat and the pets are going for upwards of 100 plat.
    I doubt that the pets will drop much in price after this nerf. If you want to have even kind of decent DPS as a necro now you HAVE to have master pets.
  18. ARCHIVED-FTL Guest

Can someone plz show me where it says Necromancers are or ever were to have been tier 2/3 ? because after reading the producers letter this month and summoners, even the producers acknowledge that we will still remain at the top of the tiers just not as far as head of the rest of the pack.
    If you were tier 2/3 before or even after this "supposed" nerf then sorry, look at upgrading your spells or your tactics, i for one will still be among the top in raids/groups with regards to dps, so really makes no differance what so ever, and if u have'nt read the producers letter for this month, then you should :)
  19. ARCHIVED-Rousso Guest

After it goes live tell me if you are still top DPS. As for the producer letters and notes - I believe that part of it that says we are being reduced 30% in DPS. As for that part of it that says we will still be top tier DPS...well I have seen way too many major class adjustments to believe that. SoE has a track record of breaking classes when it makes such major adjustments. I hope you do remain top tier DPS dude, but don't bet on it.
  20. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

It was the stupid dps tier post done by the devs way back at the start of the game or lu13 or whenever it was supposed to be. People now quote it as gospel despite it being horribly outdated, it did say summoners were t2 with mage/scout and t3 with tank.