Warlock comments and Issues

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Cine, Oct 11, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Splatterpunk28 Guest

Have you been on a raid since DoF? Just one? I'm curious. I'm sorry, but on raids I have MAX power regen and I am still one of the first classes to go out of power. If a mob lives more than 3min, we're done and are out dps'd by all but healers. And it's not about playstyle, I have my spells sorted by dmg per power on long encounters, and I am still...oop very quickly.
    I generally do not have a problem with it in groups. I can do the epicx2 mobs in Clefts for hours, consistently doing 600-2500dps on every encounter and rarely will be out of power so much that folks have to wait on me. But raids are a whole different story.
    This is way up there on my list, as I will be 60 soon, just like the rest of my guild -- this is what we will be doing until next expansion or until we quit.
    Message Edited by Splatterpunk28 on 10-12-2005 03:01 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Atek Guest

My guild m8 has a level 28 Warlock, he was last on a day or so after the CU and died about 8 times during the short time he was on-line, he logged off and hasnt played it since.

I thought I would level my Warock just to see what it was like, its level 22 and so I spent about 2 hours playing it tonight. I died too many times, it wasnt my tactics as I could go back after dieing and kill the mob that had killed me. The only difference being that I just got lucky and didnt have any resists 2nd time around. I guess I could have just played it real safe and only gone for green cons but then thats boring and it takes far too long to get any decent xp to show for the effort. I have to add that I was soloing, but then the class should be able to do that, I have a bruiser thats so much more fun to play.

Negative Absolution and Putrid Cloud take too long to cast and I do seem to get a lot of resists to my Adept 3 Frozen Manacles.
  3. ARCHIVED-V4nce Guest

I have been on about 6 raids since DoF, so not a lot. We are obviously doing something different.
    I am not arguing with you, I am just reporting my experience.
  4. ARCHIVED-EQ-IQ Guest

Gotta disagree with this point - i think this spell is great, especially if you are in a great group and can pull multiple encounters!

Its the first AOE spell i cast and i cast it every time it refreshes (which at an 8sec refresh time is great) and it can dish out loads of damage because of this.

Yeah you do have to be VERY careful with this spell, but in most places the mobs arent that close together, especially if you solo lots like i do.

So in summary: Was a spell i never used- now a spell i use ALL the time :)

Gratz to SOE for once.
  5. ARCHIVED-Deathspell Guest

Abysmal Fury is a great spell, it's risky, but it's the only spell that can do damage on both encounters when you get adds.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kalel22 Guest

I think my biggest gripe is the gigantic range for all our dmg spells. I mean Devastation is absolutely stupid. It can tick from 390-800 or so.. Thats just straight up dumb. The range needs to be decreased. Pure and simple. Our DoTs should NOT have a range for the tick. Doesnt make sense at all. Nil absolution has a range of over 1000 dmg. A range on our dmg spells of over 100% of the dmg is INSANE!!! Look at the majority of our spell screenshots. Most of our dmg spells have at least a 100% difference from the min to max dmg. Scourge of Shadows 84-156 Dmg??? Thats a difference of 72 Dmg... 72!! That variance is WAY too high... Come on now.......Please look into this.

Edit - For haxorz language.
    Message Edited by Kalel22 on 10-13-2005 08:41 AM
    Message Edited by Kalel22 on 10-13-2005 08:56 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-Splatterpunk28 Guest

This might be picky, but can you highlight "utility" in red?
    I usually don't think much about it, but we really have the least utility of any class in the game. I mean we should at least have comparable utility to wizards -- we neither get evac, mezz nor intelligence buffs. Heck, conjurors can buff mitigation, defense, call of the hero; necro's can rezz, heal, buff intelligence. Summoners have better dpp, dps on single targets and slightly reduced burst AoE dmg in addition to pets that can offtank heroics? They even generate less aggro.
    Our very situational and slight (near negligable) dps advantage on AoE's just doesn't compensate for everything else. When it comes to grouping or raiding if it came down to a choice of warlock, wizard, necromancer or conjuror; honestly, warlock would be my last choice.
    Message Edited by Splatterpunk28 on 10-13-2005 11:30 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Well roots thats where we disagree most ...
    Look you are stating that precence unbrakeable roots in game very unbalancing - I am not agrue here... I am agrue with current situation.... At least 4 classes in game have unbrakeable root - its that new funny way of SOE promote duo? Let me emphasise it clear and loud - if you have coercer duoing - no matter what you do, no matter damage you apply - root wont brake ever. Same goes for warden, fury, illusionist and god know whos else roots. My point is - why take away unbrakeable root from 2 classes to give to 4?. Plus why the hell in Skel grasp discription still states that this root have half of normal chance to brake? this is total bull .... ALL our root should have in discription - this root have triple-quadropul chance to brake compare to ANY OTHER ROOTS in game
    Scrooge of Night why it useless? oki here we go....
    Group - TTL (titme to live) of mobs not exceed 10-15s - Nor Shadowed Pyre night Scrouge have chance to work on full. If DoT not work on full duration then it become HORRIBLE DPM. Not only this wasting nearly 4s for casting SP and SoN seriously cripple you DPS in group... You have 10-15s to upload what you got... Let see if its +++ mob - better land DI first follow by Devastation (thats already 2s + 0.5s + 4s +0.5s) and you probably will have just enouth time to hit target with Nul Dist +3s. If you use SoN and SP then you spend 1s +0.5s + 2s + 0.5s = 4s - you might have enouth time to upload Devastation but not for DI. DI recirle fast enouth to be used every fight and so is Thwart
    For solo again because of nature of our roots you definitly dont want to use 2 more dots
  9. ARCHIVED-Kalel22 Guest

10. ARCHIVED-Kalel22 Guest

Another gripe of mine is the complete lack of any kind of de-agro spells. I mean scouts (even healers) have a few options to reduce hate. Commonly, big nukers always had a de-agro line of spells (Nullmail is a complete joke, I mean you have to be getting hit with melee to get agro off you. In this case on a raid mob you just wiped the whole raid. So this spell is completely uselss in raid situations). We, of all classes, should get a de-agro line. I mean why the hell does a bard need de-agro. What gives? Hell I wish my warlock was a ratonga so I could at least have that racial trait de-agro :smileysad:

/sigh....
    It's oversights such as this that makes me wonder what devs are thinking when it comes to creating a balanced class for big nukers. If you need a someone to help you out with this sort of thing Im available for hire, kthx.
  11. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Kalabus give me a brake .... SoN of at Adept 3 scoring wooping 42DPS max with perfect timing assuming its always working on full duration .... yes it MAY do 150 a tic but see problem is tic is 6 second so do the math 150/6....
    P.S. but may it its not 150 a tic and tic not 6s? May be its 70-150 a tic and tic 3s .....;) its still sucky spell and still wont go above 40DPS which is next to nothing in warlock arsenal of spells
  12. ARCHIVED-Kalel22 Guest

Ok Tan, I offically will write off anything else you say. I have come to the conclusion that you dont actually play this game. It doesnt matter how much DPS it does. Its additional dmg that you arent getting because you arent casting it. While you are standing there not casting it im doing way more dmg then you on a raid. Thats all there is to it.

Lets just say that it ticks 130 on average. If you arent casting this spell then you are losing 2600 dmg per minute on a raid target. Lets just say the raid target takes 5 mins to drop. You just lost 13,000 dmg because you are too good to cast this spell. That makes sense.
    Message Edited by Kalel22 on 10-17-2005 05:08 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-Nergall Guest

I must say I agree with Kal.

When DoF realesed I thought its usless too ,now I start with debuff and scourge.

Actualy I dont understand how you can skip it, atm we cant chain nukes because of timers.So unless you use Nebula and Absolution on single target you have alot of down time.

I personly alway keep all my DoT's ticking on a mob I have come to love it more then fat nukes.

Scourge at ad3 without debuffing and on less then 300int ticks for 150.
    I seen it tick for about twice on raids with mad raid debuff+max int.

It a one sec cast,thats the part which make it so good. Its like saying Aura of emptiness suck.

BTW IIRC it ticks for 7 ,initial + duration . So 150X7 = 1050 ,soul blister at master! gives me 1176 (both max numbers ofc).
    Scourge have half the casting time + 20power less ,so why shouldnt I use it?
    Yes not the best spell against in a common grind group that drops a group in 10sec ,but still a great one IMO
  14. ARCHIVED-pharacyde Guest

People complain to complain. Because people like to complain. I mean, you can't have 50 spells like devastation, it would make devastation common and maybe even useless. There will be better and worse spells, there will be good and bad things. Without a bad spell there won't be a good spell and vice versa. Just accept the bad thnigs and enjoy the good things and stop complaining for a few picky details. sigh
  15. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

All right let me turn it other way ....
    You have TTL of mob and you have large array of spells to fit in this TTL (time to live) - unless you are fighting epic mob TTL is rather short (less then 15 second). If you use SoN you WILL miss bigger DPS spell. Even if you are pulling only +++ type of mobs its more logical DPS wise altenate Devastation+Nul Abs+Soul Blister + Twart (total time spend is 4s+0.5s+3s+0.5s+2s+0.5s+2s = 12.5s) with Dark Investation+Vulian Intrusion+Nul Abs+Soul Blister+Twart. What I am saying that SoN never work on full duration for me unless I am solo and then I solo last thing I need another dot braking my roots. With 294int selfbuffed I NEVER EVER seen 130 damage per tic average - its more like 105-112 or rather low 100s number
    The only case I might use this spell then I am totaly OOP and even then better idea canibalize once and hit target with something more destractive
  16. ARCHIVED-Kalel22 Guest

Do whatever you want with your toon but spreading this nonsense to other warlocks is silly. SoS takes 1 second to cast. Your not losing anything while casting this. Use whatever logic you wish but if you arent casting this then you simply arent doing as much dmg as me.
  17. ARCHIVED-Crono1321 Guest

Not to mention every tick of ToS or SoS has a chance to proc dark broodlings. A 1 second cast DOT is always worth casting.
  18. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Look it doesnt matter how fast it cast it could be 1s it could be 0.5s like Vulian intusion.... This spell simply dont do any damage so please stop decieve warlock comunity about this spell - this spell do 700-800 damage MAXIMUM and for that it need to stay on target NINETEEN second understood? 1s cast + 18 duraton. Make a math you need 19 second to do 700 damage ....
    But all above not the point and because fights lasts 10-15s per mob SoN do barely 400-500 damage. And instead of wasting you time and mana on casting this crappy spell you better hit target with IceFlame and do 800 damage
  19. ARCHIVED-Nergall Guest

OMG!!!!

1.Make it ad3 cheapazz ,150per tick is great. 150X7=1050 almost like my soul blister m1.
    2.It can be maintend over several targets at the same time.
    3.Low power cost.
    4.Short casting time.
    5.Fits perfectly in our chain since we lack spells to chain on as DD.

Aura of emptiness is about 1.5k dmg at ad3 ,scourge is 1050.Very close with same casting times and less power cost.
    Why not use it?
  20. ARCHIVED-Kalel22 Guest

We just need to collectively ignore this guy. He obviously has no idea how to play his class. I would love to be in a group and parse on this guy just to show him what a real warlock can do.

Its a D.O.T. Which stands for Damage over time. Of course its not gonna do all the dmg upfront. Your points make no sense at all. Furthermore I feel like a 2nd grader trying to read your posts with all the errors and broken english. Do us all a favor and stop spreading this nonsense to warlocks that may not know any better. Leave the real analysis to the people that know what they are talking about.

Anyway, Scourge of Shadows is a great opening DoT that you can maintain over the entire fight. Its low power cost and super low cast time. You would a fool to not cast it on any mob that is ^^ or above even con. Especially owns for raid targets. So despite the silly ramblings of this obviously delusional Warlock posting above, this should be ad3 asap.