Warlock comments and Issues

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Cine, Oct 11, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Kalabus on single target 600-800DPS on group 2.5K+ DPS good for you?
    Give me a brake dude english is my 5th language learn russian to degree I know english then bark how broken my english is
    Dude as I told at adept 3 its not doing 150 damage per tic it could do up to 150 damage tic capish? - its do 84-152 or so at Adept 3 so please do yourself a favor and visit elementary school math class (84+152)/2 =118 damage per tic average. At Adept 1 this spell did 70-130 damage aka 100 damage average. Comprehend? Or I need to explain to you what is average value, what is mean value and what is median value? Ever heared words statistic? no? to bad for you...
    So do this forum a favor and stop spreading bull [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] about this spell
    Message Edited by Tanatus on 10-19-2005 04:26 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Kalel22 Guest

Have a few classes debuff Poison then tell me the average is 130 (I was being conservative on my avg). Im not going to sit here and argue with you simple math. Its not worth my time to argue a point to someone who obviously doesnt get the idea of damage over time. Im not here to flame back and forth so I wont take the bait. You dont cast the spell and thats fine. Other warlocks will because its obviously a good spell for dmg.

Lets just say that by your calculation on a mob it will average 118 dmg. Just to humor you here. If a raid fight lasts 5 mins your going to be doing at LEAST 11,800 damage less then me because Im using this spell. So because you think its useless your losing 12k dmg at the very least based on your AVG calculation not based on any debuffs at all.. lmao.. come on bro. Be reasonable here.

This will be my last response to you but anyway you slice it you lose dmg to any warlock using this because you arent using it.
    Message Edited by Kalel22 on 10-19-2005 01:48 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

I knew you bad with math :(
    Oki here we go here is your choice you either do 11.8K with this spell or 23.6K with any other spell .... so you choice is 11.8k
    Dont make everyone laugh about debuff .... in group enviroment which we are talking about right? because I stated before several time that during raid enviroment you stick on long lasting mob what ever you want....

Please please please enlight me what debuffs will double damage per tic??? 118 damage per tic - to push to 150 damage per tic as Nergal state at Adept 3 (and I say this is bull [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]) - you need have 110-190 damage per tic instead of 84-152 which is +30% - no matter how hard you debuff it aren't gona happend sorry bud only in your dream debuffing increase damage by 30%-50%. Hence we safely can assuming that spell do only 118 damage per tic average and 400-500 damage over duration of combat vs, ANY heroic mob because its never work on full.

Oh btw SoS DO NOT proc broodling - no matter how hard you try - tested this today whole day - lol out of 200 casts not a single time.
    Also tested about 48 rooted mob with SoS on em - its ALWAY brake root (well technically 48 is not large number but since I got 100% root brake its statistically relavant)
  4. ARCHIVED-Cine Guest

Could you move the discussion about SoS to another thread please? And find some more bugs for me to put in there instead :p
  5. ARCHIVED-zitha Guest

I have to correct Tanatus and want to clarify on the “unbreakable” root other classes get:
    There is no real unbreakable root in game atm like the root sorcerer had pre CU.
    However there are two differernt kinds of root.
    The most common one has a chance to break on damage. These roots have a long duration (up to 1 min) and a relative fast recast (single target usually 6 sec). Their main purpose seems to be a crowd control utility: root the add, back up and don’t have to worry about it for the next 50-60 seconds.
    The second kind of root has a periodical chance to break over time. They are not breakable by damage (in this sense they are unbreakable) but they have a resist check to break every few seconds (like every 3-4 seconds maybe). These roots have a much shorter duration and a longer recast.
    As far as I know, spell description on all healer roots (warden, fury, inquisitor…) says that they have a chance to break on damage. I don’t play a healer though, so maybe I have missed a special root they get or maybe the description is wrong.
    From my understanding the reason why warden for expample seem to get an unbreakable root could be that they get 2 roots on different timer which they usually stack, so if one breaks the other one can still work for back up.

The one (and only?) class that gets a root with periodical chance to break are enchanter.
    For them this kind of root is necessary for effective soloing. They don’t have the fire power of sorcerer to burn a mob down fast. so they need to be able to keep the mob away for longer time. and they don’t have the healing ability of a priest to survive a fight toe to toe.

Some notes:
    1. warlocks don’t have problems soloing solo mobs. If they ask for an “unbreakable” or more relyable root the only reason would be so that they were able to solo heroic encounter with less risk. Which I doubt will be enough reason for SOE to fulfill this wish.
    2. when Tanatus is talking about “unbreakable” root he always is judging from his coercer point of view. This experience must not be transferred to other classes, not even to the other enchanter sub-class, as coercer get by far the better resist debuffs. In combination with a root that has resist checks to break, this actually may work out nearly unbreakable for coercer. also keep in mind that his coercer is decked out with exceptional gear and most spells at master as far as i know. so what may seem easy to his coercer is not necessarily the norm and shouldnt lead to general conclusions about other classes abilities.
    3. a dps mage in duo with an enchanter will be a very powerful combo. The sorcerer provides the damage which the enchanter is lacking, while the enchanter provides the safety. The best choice in combo with a warlock (as well as in combo with a wizard) will always be the coercer over the illusionist though. Because not only make their debuff the root hold better it also debuffs all other resists, including poison.

Message Edited by zitha on 10-20-2005 05:27 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Deathspell Guest

I guess the "breakability" of a root can't depend on the fact whether the mob(s) is(are) heroic or not, or make it scale with the difficulty of the mob?

It would be nice if it didn't break on groups of normal/lower level mobs, while it still can break/fail on heroic mobs.
    That way we can solo our groups without loosing chunks of health while standing helplessly stunned and they can also determine the chances of us soloing heroics.
  7. ARCHIVED-Nergall Guest

1.I compared MAX stats of both SoS and Soul Blister.While Blister have advantage cause its Master1 while SoS is Ad3.
    Even so SoS is laging behind VERY litle DMG wise.While being more effective in cost and casting times.
    2.Im in a raiding guild so actualy I never see it tick for 150,I see it tick for 200-250.Raid debuffs with the current system are plain wicked.
    3.Unless you use your AOE which cost a tons of power and casting times on single target you will stand there waiting on a recat timer to pop.Which is exacly where SoS comes into play.

BTW are you a member of Dread ARMy tran?
    Message Edited by Nergall on 10-20-2005 04:37 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Kalel22 Guest

Someone give this man a hand. He knows what hes talking about. You see Nergall is casting Soul Blister and SoS to cause dmg to a mob. You know what though? He still is casting other dmg spells as well. What a concept. Use your whole arsenal to your advantage. Im not sure what guild Tan is in but they should parse his dmg then see as he gets owned by every other dmg class in the raid.
    You said Tan, that I would be trading 11K dmg for 23k or something silly like that. Actually Im doing both values of dmg because Im casting both line of spells. It takes 1 sec to cast. This isnt keeping me from casting anything.
    Go raid something then talk. kthx.
    Message Edited by Kalel22 on 10-20-2005 09:14 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Kalabus - how many time I need to repeat this
    I am talking about GROUP AND SOLO - SOS - SUCKS. I gave reason why, you keep feeding everyone with bull[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] that IF you have 24 ppl and IF you have BEST POSSIBLE IN GAME complex debuff and IF MOB live longer then 1 min and IF you have problem with power THEN SOS is usefull. For crist sake quote me where I said SoS useless on RAID. If you gona tell me that during grouping TTL for any mob over 15s then I tell you your group DPS is sucks.
    Nergal - believe you or not but if I have epic encounter I will not spend my time landing stupid SOS on every single mob within encounter then I can go with Netherous Realm, Corrupted GIft, Anarchic Maelstorm - as a raider you know what happend after this right? Toss here troubadour proc and berserker tank and you wont even need devastation or any other AE to sustein ungodly DPS

Back to the roots
    Here is a deal - stackability of roots have NOTHING to do with stability. Coercer root have 2 mode - a) it resisted and hence bonced out of mob b) it sticked on mob - then it ALWAYS stay on full duration NO MATTER WHAT. You dont need any debuffs (coercer can debuff around -1400 to arcane and -800 to rest at Master 1). The only things that debuffs do for coercers root they assure that root will stick from first cast. Indeed duration of Fatal Hesitation is shorter then Cower or Bony but recast is the same 6s and! power cost is lower then cower so you can cast root all day long w/o losing single point of power. My whole point about roots was a question what the difference between duo coercer-warlock (yes I repeat myself in 100 time coercers root isnbrakeable). Toss here actually fact that coercer have nuke-root... after nuke root last for good 12-18s. I mean common - everything that warlock could do solo before LU13 warlock can duo after, heck even more then that
  10. ARCHIVED-Kalel22 Guest

/sigh.....
    You said the spell is useless. I gave reasons why it isnt. They all pertained to raids or ^^/^^^ group mobs. Your still arguing. Im done. Other people have expressed their opinions on this spell as well. Noone mirrors your thoughts on SoS so lets just drop it and come back to something thats constructive like a different resist line of spells or the Broodlings being bugged. None of this back and forth is going to help us get issues resolved.
  11. ARCHIVED-Nergall Guest

Yes I know what happens then...I will die.
    I hardly use that combo, WAYYY to risky.
    Nethros realms is the same,mad DPS spikes used only on special occasions.

If like us you would use your dots you will udnerstand Netharos is MADDD hate ,ticks+triggers=splat.
    But you dont use dots...so....sigh.

Kal aint talkign about no perfect group...SoS is pure good that it.
    I didnt want to mention it but please run a search on his guild,they got alot of world firsts ot thier name....I wouldnt be dismissing him so quickly.
  12. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Nergal we running circle - I do use dots but not SoS - I use Devastation and DI + NR but again because I prefer solo or raid and dont lik grouping in general I dont use SoS for solo/group.
    In most case screnario in groups (on rare occasion then I need group like for finishing Rahotep (sp) mace heritage) I can afford take some beating and so to speak NR+CG+Dev+AM+DN+NA pretty much garanty 2 things - everything within encounter that have same lvl as I and have 1 arrow and below will die. 2 arrow up may survive if no bard procs but once I again they usuall will die to VI+ND cupe de grace combo
    I agree tough that its really depend how good your tank is - if tank can buy you enouth time to let Dev tic at least twice - you won. If Dev pull agro from first tic yes you pretty much screwed
    P.S. thanks for tip btw lol gona test something -not that I dont believe it but you already once been wrong - SoS never proc brodling on DI - I did test 200 cast DI on rooted mob then SoS (usually add aslo SP for [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] and gigle) - not a single time it forced broodling proc

P.S.
    I went and tested Nergal statement Netherous Realm + Scrouge of Shadow = each tic Boom! - mildly say its very very far from truth.... Dots CANNT trigger Netherous Realm proc - none of em, debuffs, damage sheilds also cannt - only direct damage spells can. I have posted result how NR work in other topic
    Message Edited by Tanatus on 10-20-2005 05:56 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-Max122 Guest

Just followed your post tanatus and yes any DDs proc NR and that includes the broodlings cause their nukes are DD. I also believe netheros pet may also proc it as he nukes but I dont use him all that often.
  14. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Max you can believe what ever you want
    I have tested Netherous and DI broodling - neither of em cause NR goes off... at least within 10 cast I have used for my study
  15. ARCHIVED-Kalel22 Guest

The lengths you will take in order to try and make yourself right is truely disturbing. Unfortunately you made yourself look pretty foolish on that thread you made about Netherous Realm :smileysad:

When will the lunacy end?
  16. ARCHIVED-pharacyde Guest

Actualy you can chain nuke as a warlock if you only use DD spells.

Soul blister - null distortion - soul blister - ice flame - soul blister - thwart - soul blister - null distortion - soul blister ....

There might be very minor gaps of 0.5sec in it. But nothing huge.

The point if a spell is worht casting or not is not dependent of the dps it does. But how long it takes you to cast it.

1 sec cast of SoS == 150 X 7 damage (at best) == 1050 damage. So if you chain cast you have 1k dps from this spell.
    compared to our DD's
    3 sec cast for ND == 2k damage. So if you chain cast you have 600-700dps from this spell.

My point is simple. If you want to do the most damage, you have to take the spells that give the most damage for their casting time. And your dps will be the highest then, if you keep chain casting.. Just divide the total damage of the spell by the time to cast it. Those are the best damage spells you have. Not the most mana efficient, but the best dps spells. So casting SoS is defenately going to help you do more damage when you chain cast. And it will help you MORE then using Null Distortion.

My 2cent
  17. ARCHIVED-Kalel22 Guest

What are you gonna do after that last soul blister? Ice flame will still be down and so will Thwart. You cant chain cast DD's. We simply dont have enough of them. Not like dropping out DoT's are bad. Add a few Shadowed Pyre's in there along with some Aura of Emptiness action and you will be fine.
  18. ARCHIVED-Nergall Guest

Kal is right...ice and thwart are 30recast..what then?
    Debuff>SoS>aura>DI>pyre>blister>null>blister>thwart or something like this is better IMO.
    Throwing devastation in there is great.Just keep all DoTs on and nuke whatever DD is up.
    Seem to be the best way IMO.
  19. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Danm ppl you running in the circles ...
    If you killing anything above +++ X2 then YES dots are make sence to cast, yes they work on full, yes they add some damage. No they wont do any procs on Aura of Emptiness or Netherous realm but still will do damage....
    If you killing anything +++ X1 or below there is no reason what so ever to use dots. TTL of normal +++ in normal group 15second or less .... Lol imf then duo-trio some named +++ with 1 or 2 berserkers I dont even have time to for second cast of Soul Blister - thats how fasts mobs go down.... Once zerk start cast rage, I go with NR/CG and start cast Devastation usually in time I get it off zerk already engaged. DI, VI (to trigger broodling), Nul Dist, Thwart, Blister (not always) - thats what I have time to land (if I am sloopy I usually miss blister because mob dead)
    Basically raid buffed I can deciminated ANY group of 1 arrow up equal or below of my lvl within single round of attack, 2 arrow up mobs have may be 10-20% health left
  20. ARCHIVED-Nergall Guest

Im out...Kal "enjoy" preaching to the deaf :p