Warlock comments and Issues

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Cine, Oct 11, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Asgardsfall Guest

I hate to cut in on an interesting extended 3 way argument, but somone a waaay back on page one asked what good the Seal Line was and I didnt spot any answer.

I'm a level 45 Warlock who likes to group with his friends who are level 54 and level 53. As they dont like to hunt greens I have to scale up.
    The seal line does this admirably. I took the master option (before it was dropped a bit in a recent patch) and my distortion skill went up by 25 points or so, suddenly I was the casting level of a level 50 warlock.

With this buff up I can lay nukes with regularity on orange and red mobs with few resists. The three of us took a tower in Maj Dul when I was only level 44 (Hitting 54 guards, +10 levels, is still resist city but it could still be done).

Naturally when attacking mobs around your own level they wont resist that much anyway so its understandable that there is little difference with the buff up or down.

I miss the INT buff, and still use the old Sorc one from time to time, but if the situation is right the Seals line works a treat.
    Message Edited by Asgardsfall on 10-24-2005 04:38 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Kalel22 Guest

Your missing the point bro. Your not gaining the casting lvls to a 50 warlock or whatever. (As stated by a Dev himself). Thats not how this buff is supposed to operate. Unfortunately not even Devs can explain how it works or they would have came in and said something by now. I have e-mailed the links to that question to a dev and he hasnt responded. This lends to the fact that they dont know exactly what it does. The seal buff has NO noticeable effect. I never use this line and I never have resist problems except on red targets. I grinded on lvl 59-60 Raptors in PoF when I was 51 and was parsing over 2k some fights. So its no the seal buff doing anything for resists because I didnt even use the buff.
  3. ARCHIVED-Asgardsfall Guest

Interesting, all I can say is that I notice alot more resists when its not up.
    My understanding is that your skill level vs the mobs level affects how it resists
    With Master II seal I can hit Reds, without it I cant.
    Perhaps the difference with App I or IV or even the adepts is not enough to notice. (Im assuming you didnt take the training option)

I see the skill increases my skill level in the skill box
    I notice less resists on orange and red level mobs.
    This is enough to keep me happy

I agree I dont notice any difference at all when fighting white con mobs or lower
    Even with yellows it doesnt matter much.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cine Guest

What level of spells are you using? App4/Adept1/Adept3?
  5. ARCHIVED-Asgardsfall Guest

I generally use Adept 1s, and App 1s. plus the training options.
    Ive not read anywhere that Spell Quality affects resists.
    Logically this should be governed by Skill Level which is in turn enhanced by the Seal Line
  6. ARCHIVED-Cine Guest

Beta Combat Changes 09/02/05
    *** Combat Changes ***

Resists, Fizzles, and Interrupts:
    - All hostile (non-melee) spells now have a chance of being resisted outright.
    - Damage spells have a lower chance of being resisted than other types of spells.
    - If a spell is resisted by all targets, the caster pays the full power cost. However, the reuse time will be reduced to half that of normal or 3 seconds, whichever is greater.
    - The chance to resist is based on the target's resistance to the spell's damage type, the skill level of the player's casting technique used by the spell (Ministration, Ordination, etc.), and spell quality (Apprentice II, Adept I, etc.).
    - Non-damage spell effects (snares, slows, debuffs, etc.) can no longer be mitigated. Except for damage spells and arts, if a spell lands it should have the full effect listed in the spell's examine information.
    - Only beneficial spells cast in combat now have a chance to fizzle.
    - Your chance to fizzle is affected by the skill level of the player's casting technique used by the spell (Ministration, Ordination, etc.) and spell quality (Apprentice II, Adept I, etc.).
    - The base chance to be interrupted while casting has been reduced.
  7. ARCHIVED-kr8ztwin Guest

I just wanted to comment on the DUO tank+warlock statement the OP made. I currently run a duo with an SK and we own. At every tier we harvest and save for him to have full rare gear and adept3 taunts and lifetaps. Not only does he hold aggro but in defensive stance w/ shield he does an awesome job staying alive. We can cut through white^^^ and the XP is great. I also love the debuff poison/disease stacking. I hit hard with this combo and we stick primarily to taking on groups 4-5 mobs.