Warlock 40+....sad

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Victicus7, Jan 1, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Hidon Guest

I agree with the original poster. I did not pick the Warlock for any other reason but to do damage. Obviously, I made the wrong decision. At level 26 I'm already feeling how useless I really am when compared to scouts. Less damage, less utility, less armor, less HP, more MP consumption. Really, what is my advantage here? What advantage do we really have except a cool title and a bat morph? I don't mind that Wizards would be able to outdamage us at all. However, that scouts and even guardians do it. Well, you start to wonder if SOE really has any clue what balance is. We already have the lowest HP, lowest armor, and we are with Wizards the most MP dependant ones out there. Why do we not deal the best damage along with said Wizards? It puzzles me.
  2. ARCHIVED-tennjed Guest

Yes they do run on the same timer. I think you will agree with us when you get nill distortion that it is sub-par to what it a lvl 37 nuke should be. When I was your level I was loving life also and had many of the same arguments that you have right now. I still say that nill distortion is just waiting the same revamp that dark distortion had. Remember the feeling of getting dark distortion before it got it's upgrade? That was just awful, but at least then we could cast blaze right after it. I'll say it again, when you grind out 14 levels and get an upgrade to your best spell, only to have it sit in your spellbook and not get used.....something is broken and needs to be fixed.
  3. ARCHIVED-Svarte_Petter Guest

dbl post!
    Message Edited by Svarte_Petter on 01-03-2005 07:16 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-Svarte_Petter Guest

Well i cant agree im no 22 on magic dmg list on runneyeye server, currently do around 820 whith my Nil Disortion. if u look at list its a few Wiz under me on dmg list some even at same lvl as me (44). and they do in avrage 100 dmg less then me.
    So i must say im very happy whith spells and all utilitys a warlock have.

SvartePetter
    44 Dark Elf Warlock
    Via Mortuus
    Runneyeye
    Message Edited by Svarte_Petter on 01-03-2005 07:15 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-tennjed Guest

Well i cant agree im no 22 on magic dmg list on runneyeye server, currently do around 820 whith my Nil Disortion. if u look at list its a few Wiz under me on dmg list some even at same lvl as me (44). and they do in avrage 100 dmg less then me.
    So i must say im very happy whith spells and all utilitys a warlock have.
    What grade is your spell? When did you start using it? What did it hit for when you first got it at lvl 37 compared to dark distortion? I'm looking forward to nill at 44, but my issue is that if it was not going to hit hard until lvl 44 then why the heck do we get it at lvl 37?
  6. ARCHIVED-Thyriel Guest

its still funny to read all the boards here... Scouts whining about Wizards, Wizards whining about Guardians, Guardians whining about this and that and so on... Its the very same in every subclass board, on every page of it you find at least one "i feel so gimped 40+" thread. And Why?!? Just as u dont know how spells do work.
    Start searching the boards for basic guides on what difference between Adepts, Master and Apprentice spells are, learn what INT Mod does in practice, (i deal 20% to 40% more damage only thru INT eqipment), and if you want to compare things really then get some classes together that have their main spells on comparable levels. Sure if you have your main spells only on app2 why not should a scout or guardian with master/adept spells outdamage you? if they would not no one would ever pay for them that much.

@victious: I did the time to take a look onto your eqipment on eq2players and i would really appreciate everyone else that agrees with him doing so and then rethinking why he does that low damage
  7. ARCHIVED-Junaru Guest

App2 to AdeptI wasn't even a 100+ jump..
    Dark distortion(AppI) max hit was 189
    Dark distortion(AppII) max hit was 229
    Dark distortion(AdeptI) max hit was 308
    Parsed Data
  8. ARCHIVED-Victicus7 Guest

ok Thyriel first off read the subject title... Warlock 40+ ... at lvl 27 yes Warlocks are powerful, but never grow any more powerful... at 27 you are about at your peak, your dps will grow very little in the next 20-25 lvls

Message Edited by Victicus7 on 01-03-2005 09:32 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Victicus7 Guest

sigh..sorry double post
    Message Edited by Victicus7 on 01-03-2005 10:00 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Victicus7 Guest

Everyone i group with has app2...adept1 are too rare and there are no tradeskillers making adept3

Message Edited by Victicus7 on 01-03-2005 09:48 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Victicus7 Guest

Message Edited by Victicus7 on 01-03-2005 09:45 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Victicus7 Guest

sorry browser lagged when i was loading eq2 and caused multiple post
    Message Edited by Victicus7 on 01-03-2005 09:44 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-Calypsi Guest

Has anyone ever even see a Nil Distortion Adept 1 drop? I figurerd they were buggy like so many other spells that never seem to drop. Or at least I have never seen on broker or dropped.

Calypsi
    37 Warlock
    Faydark
  14. ARCHIVED-SINisterWyvern Guest

This is pretty much a reply to just the starter of the thread and I suppose anyone else who agrees with him. If all you're going to do is whine and cry there are a few things you can do. You can either shutup and deal with it... go start a new character of a different class... or finally and the one I suggest if you really are truly so upset about it, is to just cancel your subscription and quit playing. It's as simple as that. Please choose one so that we don't have to read about horrible whining on the boards of those who play for the fun of it instead of having to be uber power gamers.
    Message Edited by SINisterWyvern on 01-03-2005 11:28 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Thyriel Guest

ok Thyriel first off read the subject title... Warlock 40+ ... at lvl 27 yes Warlocks are powerful, but never grow any more powerful... at 27 you are about at your peak, your dps will grow very little in the next 20-25 lvls
    Sorry but as i wrote above, if you compare lvl27 to mid 30s adept1 spells with higher app2 you just know nothin about spells, they are simply said not comparable and knowing that app2 to adept1 is nearly 100% more damage, you would know that also your dps has growed over double, if you cant keep your main spells on the same level as you would like to compare them with, dont do it.

Your group pulls very slow then or you are nuking very little...the tank i group with holds aggro very well and im always chain nuking Nil Distorion, Dark Pyre, Soul Flay, Aura of Darkness, and Chaotic Maelstrom. And i use all my hp->power abilities in between nukes. and "Huge out of combat regen buffs"?? lol where are those cause i havnt seen them yet.
    Have you ever seen the difference between a normal 3% regeneration rate and 10% regeneration rate? At 27 i can make this difference with adept1 (dont know english name of the spell its the common ooc mana regen buff we have), if u get additional some good drinks (those 2s thingys from npc), you regenerate 15% per tick, so i would definitly say HUGE difference when the entire group is ready again in double the time or better.
    Your group pulls very slow then or you are nuking very little...
    That says me u had the same mana problem at my level, i dont have any mana problem, casting without pause 3 nukes per Dark Distortion, having every single spell on adept1 except my last 2 new spells and my Dots, so something you are doing wrong a little. (Ever tried adept1 health to power? I can at lvl27 with both health to power spells used in line bring me back 12% mana in a few seconds, make a complete new nuke round with that mana and just have those 2 spells ready again.

If you read the subject it says 40+ warlock...i know how much DPS a lvl 27 warlock can do...i have done the same DPS as a 27 warlock for the past 20 levels.
    Sorry if this sounds aggressive, if so, it should be so. I wroted now 2 times, that u are comparing things like McD and 6star hotel eating, stop doing that bull[expletive ninja'd by Faarbot], you just cant compare adept1 with app2 without the knowledge what exactly the dmg difference is on this.
    Why the personal attack? and whats wrong with my gear...theres no gear my lvl on sale on the brokers...everything i have i get quested or dropped in exp group...not to mention gear has nothing to do with how much damage i do...i think my gear is pretty decent for my lvl.

i love how someone lvl 27 can tell me what its like to be lvl 40

And here the big fat sentence i waited for. Grinding thru nearly 50 in 2 months or less, and NEVER took 5 minutes to read the manual. INT increases your damage in HUGE differences. Every INT seems to be like 1% more damage (at my current level range), so having 30 more INT or not, is a huge difference.
  16. ARCHIVED-Batbat Guest

all the classes spells dont work or dont make sense post 30+ , Ive stopped playing my druid until the next patch, im not supprised higher lvl warlock spells dont make sense damage wise, i heard wizard is similar, Im sure they will fix it in a patch
    Message Edited by Batbat on 01-04-2005 02:31 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-Daerv Guest

It's like EQ1 all over again. Gear benefits melees way more than it benefits casters. This was kinda fixed in EQ1 with the addition of focus items. However I doubt we'll see those in EQ2 any time soon since the game doesn't even have weapon procs so far as I can tell...

The int thing is interesting since most items for the same slot share stats and only increase in magnitude. The only robes I've seen with int have been the newbie robe and the oracle robe. The AQ6 robe doesn't even have the most important stat for our class.

Like I said it's like EQ1 all over again. If anyone remembers the quest armour from the temple of sol ro you'd recognise the pattern. Innapropriate stats left and right.
  18. ARCHIVED-killzone Guest

Thats a cop out. You're saying because the spells are broken your only choice is to start a different class or quit the game. The post 30 spells need to be fixed. If no one complains about it they are not going to be fixed.

My friend plays a swashbuckler and he keeps finding better weapons and armor and doesn't have any complaints about the class. These problems only seem to affect the classes that rely on spells. They just have not scaled the 30+ spells appropriately.
  19. ARCHIVED-EricDude Guest

You guys are scaring me. I just dinged warlock 2 days ago. I hope I didn't make a bad path choice.
  20. ARCHIVED-MMOGer Guest

Like others have said, every class is complaining about the same things. EQ1 was still working on class balancing after 5+ years. We will see the same stuff happening here. It just takes time to find the balance. SOE said we will be a DPS class, so eventually we will get there...