Warlock 40+....sad

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Victicus7, Jan 1, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Polyphem Guest

I have to agree with Malevolent's post. I am only lvl 44 and don't know anything about the lvl 50 dd spell, but at lvl 44 it's already frustrating. You keep on casting the lvl 23 spell dark distortion and don't care much about lvl 37 nil distortion (even if it's on adept III) because nil distortion uses A LOT more power without having a significantly bigger effect.
    So you keep on casting that greyed out spell while other classes use their cool new skills and spells and outdamage us by a large amount.
    I stopped my warlock at 44 and won't play him again until these things get fixed.
    My advise atm for people thinking to create a warlock. DON'T DO IT ! You will be frustrated once you get past Level 37.
    If you want to be a caster choose an illusionists, mezzes are always nice, or one of the pet classes for soloing reasons. If you want to be a damagedealer choose any of the scout classes. Or choose a healer or tank, they will always be needed in any group.
  2. ARCHIVED-Victicus7 Guest

my Nil Distortion Adept 3 reached mastery today...i wanna cry...very seldom does it break 800 damage...extremely sad upgrade when dark distortion adept 3 gets in the 600's easily, and the lvl 30 training spell gets 650+ easy.

only thing i have to look forward too now is the adept 1 devastation i have in my bank...and i feel i will be less than impressed...
  3. ARCHIVED-flesh Guest

Adept I Devastation is actually quite nice. Hits up to 1200. The issue is the recast timer, in which you can cast three Nil Distortions. I guess it's a solid DPS boost though, so I can't complain in that regard.
  4. ARCHIVED-Farseera Guest

so it takes 3 times as long to recharge?

Does it blank out the other DDs?

So infact if thats right, its better off using 3 x Nils instead of 1 x Devastation.