Warden Bugs/Issues updated 07/15/08

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Sorano, Jul 7, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

StaticLex wrote:
    I can say right now, none. I have every single master in the game, and when they changed spell naming not a single one was downgraded. Why would they, that would be pointless and annoying. So not sure where you're getting that info from, Stobo.
  2. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Yeah, I'm not believing him at all either. If anything, it works the other way and you get a free master of a top tier spell when a spell line is consolidated.
  3. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Stobo DarkSky wrote:
    You do realize that for 20AA points spent in the 4 convert a spell to a melee abilities it perty much means you don't have to purchse any offensive spells because spell quality doesn't affect your AA abilities? Now most melee wardens do buy their nukes as well because there are times you don't want to close to melee range, but its not like the AA is wasted. You get plenty of use out of them. If anything if you have the AA spent in melee abilities, the plat spent on masters is wasted.
    Any time I think its going to be a tough pull, I pop the fairy out. While the tree dies if anything casts an AoE, the fairy can put up with one small one. I think it even heals itself. Either way, it makes a difference when things get tough and considering that an epic warden shouldn't care about power cost there is no drawback to precasting the fairy (or even the tree)
    Our cure spell is the same as every other priest's cure spell. However, our group cure isn't as good as the others. Elemental is not a common effect. Trauma generally only hits one target. Its rare that our ability to cure both turns out to be good. Noxious and Magic are much, much more desirable as group cures and just about every other priest in the game has one, or both, as components of their group cure.
    Our AA line is suppose to boost the related defense. The duration is minimal, the boost is minimal, and it doesn't even lats the full duration but for the first 3 hits. It use to be we could "preward" with the individual cures, but now we can't even do that. Other priest's cure lines were similarly nerfed when all 4 cures combined into one spell so we're not alone here. We know this is getting looked at, lets just hope the fix doesn't suck as much as the origional line does.
    Serenity? That's the wisdom AA line end ability right? "Get out of stiffle/stun now" button? Or am I thinking of the wrong spell? Someone help me out here.
    And if your tired of your roots not working on epic mobs, think how enchanters feel. They can't mez epic mobs. Their stuns and stiffles have 1/10 the normal duration AND a long cooldown timer versus epic mobs. All control effects are drastically reduced or don't work on epic mobs.
    Then again, they are EPIC mobs. Bring the recommended number of groups with you and do it right. If you need to park a mob, that is what the off tank group is for. While I realize that roots are helpful when it comes to soloing and some group encounters, its not a raiding tool by dev design. Live with it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Kkolbe wrote:
    We suck? Eh?
    Wardens can solo heal all of the group content, without shard armor or an epic. I suppose it might get a bit booring clearing trash when you do have your shard armor and mythical, but you still have to pay attention since we actually heal instead of prevent damage like the other priest archatypes.
    Now when it comes to raiding...the lack of utility spells and debuffs shows. While the other priest classes can't heal as well as a warden, their buffs/debuffs plus their healing ability taken together out weigh our ability to heal. Our ability to do DPS is meaningless in a tight raiding group simply because dedicated healers do nothing but heal/debuff/cure and the dedicated DPS blow us all away with DPS+utility we can't even come close to.
  5. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Serenity? That's the wisdom AA line end ability right? "Get out of stiffle/stun now" button? Or am I thinking of the wrong spell? Someone help me out here.
    It's the stamina endline, and it breaks stuns, not stifles.
  6. ARCHIVED-neennas Guest

ok after going over all my log's looks like tranquility is working correctly (other then previous bug) It just isnt showing up in maintained or casted spells like it used to
  7. ARCHIVED-snowline Guest

20% runspeed SoW's overwriting 45% runspeed SoW, from shamans and fury's, I'd like to see that fixed so only higher % runspeed SoW can overwrite another SoW.
  8. ARCHIVED-Xendo Guest

I'll admit you have a point of not actually requireing nuke spells since the CAs are not in any way affected by the rank of the spell. You can still do nicely as a healer while being limited to CAs and having no nukes. Well actually, you can still do nicely as a healer without any CAs or Spells. Although Soloing would take forever and grouping would be rather boring.
    I still think though the Frostbite spells are more worthwhile to have/use over the CA counterpart due to the differences between the two. But would you "Need" it? No.

P.S. OMG don't derail a sticky (even if it's over a year old)

P.P.S. Frostbite Slice (cough)
  9. ARCHIVED-Stobo DarkSky Guest

It looks like the cures have been fixed somewhat earlier this week. Now this spell cures all dots placed on you at one time. Cure used to only take care of one nox and one dot of the other types. When the spell cycles you'll see CURE on the screen; if more than one dot has been cured you'll see more than one CURE.
  10. ARCHIVED-Stobo DarkSky Guest

I'm wondering if Duststorm/Sandstorm is working correctly? Even though the knockdown effect does not affect Epic's, why can these guys knock a rooted Warden across the room? Does the Group defense actually work when dealing with an Epic?
  11. ARCHIVED-Jillybean Guest

The thing with sandstorm is that you cannot move of your own accord, it never says anything about the mob not being able to move you with knockbacks.
  12. ARCHIVED-Stobo DarkSky Guest

Looks like I spoke too soon - cure is back to curing ony 1 dot of each type at a time. If you have 2 or more Nox dot's on you each cure will remove one nox. Still bad when you encounter the Cosm Vespids in KJ - their pets hit you multiple times with Nox dots faster than you can cure them.
    I was gone from EQ2 for 18 Months due to RL issues. I had most masters up to lvl 66 prior to my leaving; upon my return I had few masters left.
    I have 7 alt's and my original is my Warden - for all the fault's I still prefer the Warden as a solo'er even if SoE still doesn't know what a Druid class is supposed to be.
    When I cannot get into groups I go back to the original standby - doing writs.
  13. ARCHIVED-calcdivs Guest

Our tree is bugged in PVP combat. On a red server your not allowed to "assist" folks that are outside your pvp level range and locked into pvp combat. Well our tree does not care about such restrictions, it heals everyone in the area regardless of level. Totally a cheap trick to drop the tree in the middle of a bunch of level 10's/20's banging away at each other and watch it start healing folks.
    Before we start asking for Tranquility to be changed/improved it would be nice if it just logged what it cured and how much it healed for.
  14. ARCHIVED-Vopurr Guest

Infusion would be more useful if it only applied to mobs that you are in combat with at the time. I don't consider a mob that I am not engaged with an 'enemy' as stated in the spell details. If it is going to be like an AOE and go through walls and attack mobs that you aren't in combat with then you might as well make it an AOE. I'm getting one-shot all the time because I use it near guards or non-aggressive mobs. It gets tiring running around avoiding random mobs that walk into my fighting so I don't get 5 mobs on me at once ever time you heal or cure. Just a wish.
    Thanks.
  15. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

snowline wrote:
    This is extremely irritating and should be fixed.

And Rebirth still triggers and is wasted when we save ourselves with our castable DPs.
  16. ARCHIVED-Hogatha Guest

Vokodo@Permafrost wrote:
    /Agree 100% Infusion, which would otherwise be quite useful (and costs an extra 2 points), is really utterly pointless as I end up getting unneccessary aggro at the most inconvenient times. Make it an encounter only reactive buff and it would actually be decent.
  17. ARCHIVED-joyhinia Guest

I noticed its been quite a while since this was updated, hope this is still checked however.
    A bug that i did a /bug report on a while ago that i haven't seen updated is a crit bug on our group heals. If a group member isn't in range for the initial heal but then comes into range for the ticks, the heal never crits on that person even if you have over 100% critical chance.
  18. ARCHIVED-joyhinia Guest

A new one introduced by DoV - Spirit of the Bat is now only castable as a self buff.