Warden Bugs/Issues updated 07/15/08

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Sorano, Jul 7, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

I kind of double posted since i started a t8 newbie thread.

Funny to see that my concerns are almost all shared by high end raiders.

Is there anyone in charge of the warden class?

I see no official answer there, do i need to roll an assassin and post a threadin the general
    forum about how warden are overpowered to get an immediate official answer stating that yes the nerf is coming?
  2. ARCHIVED-Aeralik Guest

I just fixed Shatter Infections to work properly and cure the person who falls below 50%. While I was at it I also factored out the dead people from the Faerie Ally script.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    Hurrah, no more Faerie Ally desperately trying to heal the corpse. It's nice that Shatter Infections will now work... for those burning all those AAs to get to it (I know, cure line is something you're going to be looking at over the time up to the expansion). Still good to see some old bugs fixed.
    Is this going in with the reuglar tuesday hotfix, or the next GU?
  4. ARCHIVED-Harowen Guest

Lol, it only took a year.
  5. ARCHIVED-snowline Guest

Level 80 spells should be something you are excited about, they should be an asset to the class and give a feeling of achievement to reach. They should either be regularly useful, or situationally excellant. The Warden 80 spell fails on all front by my estimation.
    It dies almost instantly to aoe damage. Fairy should be AOE immune.
    It never usefully heals anyone in practise because it spends all it's time trying to decide who to start flying towards this second, and rarely actually does any healing because of constantly flying towards places it won't be needed by the time it eventually arrives. Fairy should heal zonewide while it's moving (moving faster too), moving/travelling should not prevent it from healing.
    It's not even worth casting to maybe heal you up while travelling while questing for example, as it's only ever flying to where you used to be never actually healing, and it doesn't do enough healing to make any real difference to success or failure in combat.

Our level 80 spell isn't really much more use than a fluff pet, and it's not worth casting in combat because all our other spells are nearly always more useful.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

snowline wrote:
    I find the only times I really cast it is when I'm soloing (to let it heal while I melee) or right before pulls. Rarely ever do I feel the desire to cast it mid-fight... like you said, it spends more time running around looking for someone to heal that it seems to actually spend healing. It's AE heal on death is basically a small AE heal the first time the mob AEs, since (like you said) the faerie tends to die rather easily.
  7. ARCHIVED-Stobo DarkSky Guest

I agree the Cure line needs to be fixed. It should clear all harmful effects not just 1 of each type. When the Vespids pets in KJ are unleashed upon you the Nox hits add up too fast to be cured since the possible cure only clears the one nox. But you may not even get the one cure since the spell is interruptable. Dayanara and it's pet's do the mega-stacking of Nox as well.
    Verdjious Journey <sp>should become an instant/uninterruptable just like it used to be in M1 form. (I hated losing that Master).
    Warden AA Line - the upgrades of Dawnstrike, Icefall Strike, Frostbite Slice, and Whirl of Permafrost all need to be on separate timers than the orignal spells; otherwise they are 20 wasted AA points just to get Force of nature. Force of nature also seems to be a complete waste since we do so little DPS.
    Dust cloud used to have a 10% easier to target enemy - now it's a useless identify a friend spell like Rebo's Encircling Runes.
    Serenity should have a recast time of 1 minute or less or be instacast when dealing with multiple Nox hits.
    Verdant Whisper (Enhanced Rank 5) and Expert original - All damage should be equal at 1050 or more, not split with one mitigating 530 damage and the others 1050. I also think the 3 hit's should be changed to a higher level since pet's and add's usually never come out as a group of three.
    Tunare's Diety Pet - Oboy, I get 16 WIS and AGI. How does this pet compare to other Diety pets? There is a bug with this pet - when you cast the Fairy healing pet your Diety pet goes away and if you try to recast your diety pet the healer goes away.
  8. ARCHIVED-Xendo Guest

Well shoot it wasn't mentioned so I'm posting it up here. Take a peek at Frostbite Slice (CA) and compare it to the spell Frostbite it fails in nearly every aspect. I'm used to the whole rank 5 CA vs. master spell and understand why its setup that way.
    The duration difference on the CA in and by itself makes it less desireable as an ability. However, to further add insult to injury the reduced duration also ended up completely removing 2 ticks of damage when comparing the two.
    I suggest as a solution to either extend the duration up to 24 secs but that may also require re-evualting the recast time. I'm open to extending the duration to say 18 seconds and have the ticks land every 3 seconds instead of 4. If not perhaps, boosting the Initial damage or the tick damage to make up for the missing 2 ticks. Only I feel leaving it at 4 ticks might throw off some folks expectations if they don't read carefully. Ultimately, it's your call but the 2 things that are of concern is. First, the length of the debuff duration, as well as it's relation to it's recast time. Second, the loss of the damage from the missing ticks.
    In any case I always thought it was fairly well known that this CA fell way short of the mark and surprised to not see any mention of it after I expressed my hopes of a Frostbite being a M2 choice in another thread (the only nuke I won't melee because this little issue.)
  9. ARCHIVED-neennas Guest

BUG
    Tranquility not curing correctly. If I cast it on person without a effect it doesn't come-up in my maintained window so dont think it is casting on person. also if i cast it on a person with an effect it cures the first time on cast but doesnt stay up finishing its cycle. If i cast it on myself it does come up on maintained but as soon as it cures a effect it stops working.
    Have bugged in game
  10. ARCHIVED-Xendo Guest

I dunno about how well it works on other ppl but i know it does indeed fact work when casted on myself. I use this when I solo all the time. The reason you may not notice it is because you'll have to look for it in their effects window. Then the cure thing really only triggers every 15 secs so if there is nothing to cure at exactly that point it doesn't do anything. It was seldom likely an effect is on someone is still on at that exact second especially when more and more healers are thrown into the mix. If they can give this the rollover heal treatment when they change HoTs that would be beyond great. In its current form it's like hitting the lottery sometimes.
  11. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Bramia@Befallen wrote:
    Are you sure about that? I'll have to check in game, but tranquility seemed to be working fine for me, I use it all the time. It does not come up in the maintained window, but it's there. When cast on someone else, it cures the first and then sits in the background... every 15s it attempts to cure if there is anything to cure (until it expires that is).
    I can double check, but I have seen nothing buggy at all about Tranquility.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Stobo DarkSky wrote:
    Cure line will be getting changed, all cure AAs are getting looked at, should be done with/by SF.
    Evac should be uninterruptable, I can understand it having cast time though. And yeah, I had that master too back in the day.
    CA AAs -- if they were on separate timers, it'd probably be considered overpowered since they are designed as replacements for the nukes. What they SHOULD do is see what quality of spell you had that they are replacing and scale accordingly -- if you've got an Apprentice spell, the CA does the least damage, but a Master spell should boost the CA damage. Otherwise, what the heck is the point of us getting those spells mastered? (Well besides crazies like me that like to be fully mastered over all their spells).
    Dust Cloud -- I don't remember it having that effect, but it's a fun spell so it should not give any bonuses. Unless you are talking about Sandstorm (The group defense buff that roots you)?
    Serenity -- Yes, it probably should have a shorter recast in order to make it more valuable. I got rid of it long ago, since it was in a line I no longer use.
    Enhance: Verdant Whisper -- cure line is getting changed, so we have to wait and see how this gets changed.
    And lastly, diety pets in general suck pretty bad. I don't know about the whole diety pet disappearing thing though -- is the buff disappearing, or just the visual representation of it?
  13. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Warden AA Line - the upgrades of Dawnstrike, Icefall Strike, Frostbite Slice, and Whirl of Permafrost all need to be on separate timers than the orignal spells; otherwise they are 20 wasted AA points just to get Force of nature. Force of nature also seems to be a complete waste since we do so little DPS.
    I can't even begin to address how noob this statement is.

Serenity should .... be instacast when dealing with multiple Nox hits.
    Wth? What does noxious have to do with anything..

I also think the 3 hit's should be changed to a higher level since pet's and add's usually never come out as a group of three.
    ........?

There is a bug with this pet - when you cast the Fairy healing pet your Diety pet goes away and if you try to recast your diety pet the healer goes away.
    lol?
    I don't know what to say to this stuff, I don't think I'm even playing the same game as this dude..
  14. ARCHIVED-neennas Guest

I have tested casting on the tank before a pull and seeing if it cured during the fight and it never did. it used to appear in my casted and maintained window and now it doesnt. and when I cast it on myself when I get a effect it cures it but then stops. there are a couple wardens in my guild that have noticed it not working correctly either. honestly I didnt notice it till I paid close attention to it
  15. ARCHIVED-Huntress Jellica Guest

Tranquility seems to be working fine. On Sunday (9/6/09) I was with a zerker in Mistmyr Manor pulling whole rooms. With that many mobs there's really not enough time to cure so I cast Tranquility on the tank and had 3 effects cured and his health went up a lot. 15 seconds later (as the spell description indicates) 2 detrimentals were removed from the tank and his health went up again. So the spell IS working, but the chances of having detrimentals on the tank at exactly 15 seconds after the spell initially lands are very slim.
    As someone mentioned previously, if the spell was changed to work like our "rollover" heals, it would be much more usefull.
  16. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Tranquility should tick every 5 seconds instead of 15 IMO.
  17. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

StaticLex wrote:
    That would be pretty awesome. Even if it meant reducing the duration and recast to 20s instead of the 60s they are now, to match.
  18. ARCHIVED-Stobo DarkSky Guest

Lol, it looks like the resident Troll has decided to expouse his views in this tread!
    Some have said they really don't use the healer pet(80); I use everything I can since it will work sometimes.
    The CA's I mentioned should be on seperate timers and an increase in damage since they consume AA. I have not bought M1's for a lot of my endgame spells since everytime I turn around spell names have changed and the M1 was downgraded to Expert or worse.
    In regards to the Warden cure line how does it compare to the cures of other healers? I'm beginning to get kicked out of groups/raids because other healers can cure better than me. I'm not used to being referred to as a cure bot as the only useful thing I bring to a raid/group.
    I refer to Serenity since it seems to me that Nox hits are cycling faster than other dots. This is another spell that will work as intended sometimes.
    I, for one, am getting tired of a lot of spells that are useless since they don't affect Epic - Since most end game content has Epic's in the Heroic Instances all of the Root/Snare line should be viewed as bugged.
  19. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Stobo DarkSky wrote:
    Oh yeah? Name one of those spells. I'm really curious, you say it's happening to alot of them but I'll settle for just one.
  20. ARCHIVED-Kkolbe Guest

I don't think I'll be dusting off my warden anytime soon. The class has become insanely boring to me. Maybe when SF comes out I''ll start playing him again, but seriously warden's are endgame fail. It is such a dirty trick too, wardens kick butt leveling all the way up too 80, then you hit 80 and its like oh, warden's suck now, time to reroll. Last time I remember wardens being worthwhile was either kos or shortly in rok.