VoV and Conjuror nerf

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Finessa, Dec 13, 2021.

1. DENSER Well-Known Member

I believe I understood, when I was on discord, that they are simply not 'paid' to waste their time on the forum.
    Afterwards, I may have misunderstood, prove me wrong, but yes, a rather disastrous excuse but which could make sense
  2. Abraxas78 New Member

I used the boost to go with Conjuror and do I ever regret that decision. I cannot complete the VOV signature line with it. It doesn't play anything like I thought it did or that I could recall. Why is it running around with a crossbow!?!? Where is the Water pet? As to the pets I find them very underpowered. They do not take or hold aggro and the damage they do is not very good at all. I thought the Conjuror would be much like the Magician in Everquest, but it is nothing like it at all. It is a sorcerer with a crossbow. No utility either. Magician from EQ could summon all sorts of cool items. The Conjuror can only summons weak pets. The developers did a remarkable job on so many classes, but sadly this is not one of them.
  3. bluemoon Member

Have you actually played since mage update conjies in a way better spot then necros...
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Have you been through the VoV Gear Guide post? If not, please take a look.

Conjurors have some very nice utility. Call of the Hero, which allows you to bring other people to you. Shard of Essence/Najena's Essence Summoning, which produces power-regen items for the target or group. And Stoneskins are incredibly helpful.

You do not have to carry a crossbow. Mages can use them, but you can get a wand as a ranged item instead. If you do have a crossbow, you have to have bolts to shoot with it.

You can use one combat pet at a time. Conjies may choose between the tank pet (Earthen Avatar), mage pet (Fiery Magician), or scout pet (Aery Hunter). Except at very low levels, you won't use the tank pet much. Primarily you should be using the scout pet.

Then you have the dumbfire pets. These are basically damage spells or detriments that happen to have an animation, and include Aqueous Swarm, Roaring Flames, and Communion.

It's not enough to simply have Apprentice-level spells. ESPECIALLY your scout pet spell! You need to upgrade your spells to Expert to start with, and then improve them from there as you can. Mage Expert spells are crafted by Sages. You will need two Baptista Roots for each spell. Get out and harvest, or buy them on the broker. Then you can ask in the crafting channel for a Sage to make them... be prepared to provide the rares, fuel, and a tip. Ask the Sage for guidance.

You really need to get your Epic 2.0 spells upgraded all the way. Although conjies don't use the pet anymore, that upgrade enhances your regular profession spell pets. Purchase your Epic 2.0 Apprentice spells by speaking to one of the following:
    You can upgrade your Epic 2.0 spells using the recipe book Awakened Abilities(or finding a crafter who has those recipes scribed).
  5. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I find that funny. They are not paid to waste their time on the forum (where they might actually learn something) but they ARE paid to spend their time in Discord?
    Pixistik likes this.
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

It actually goes a long way into explaining the WHY things are the way they are now.
    Dude likes this.
  7. DENSER Well-Known Member

for precision I said 'they', but I only saw this message written by 1 person in particular.
    On the one hand I could understand for discord, very difficult to follow important topics drowned in others, numerous.
    The forum should be there source of players satisfaction return for them, and they should participate more To make us understand that we are listening to.
    Exemple with denmum, she does what players expect.

it should be the same for what concerns classes, to have a person explaining such a change, Basic.
    But apparently, either they don't know why, or they do it little by little like alchemists, without really knowing where it's leading them, or it's thought out.
    Here, once again I guess, but what else can you do without a real leader for this part of the game? The soldiers have lost their captains, for too long
    AOE1 likes this.
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

Balancing without fixing mechanic problems is always just a workaround for the moment you are watching the problems.

2 days later a player might have 4k potency more (just by upgrading two 325->335 resolve items from the random T12 chest) and the workaround does not balance anymore
    Pixistik likes this.
  9. Kanv Member

what are the devs balancing the classes towards? There is no target... at least no one has presented one!
    The way I see it, it's just class adjustments based on trial & error and the responses they get (or maybe not)... that and the occasional introduction of bugs.
  10. DENSER Well-Known Member

I've come to believe that they don't have staff allocated to this area, hence the lack of communication, the obvious lack of efficiency.
    afterwards I am still waiting to be contradicted by a scathing response from them, which would make me rather happy. I never thought I had a penchant for masochism
    Banana Tree likes this.
  11. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

There are some things they do comment on, which means they are paying enough attention to respond.

There are other things they refuse to comment on no matter how many different ways its asked or presented for a definitive or best guess answer, as an example, something as simple as the suburbs being re-added on live from almost 4 years ago.. that's almost 4YEARS of not giving any kind of response from anyone, and during that time we had a great forum moderator that constantly stayed in touch with the players but whos hand were tied by management on what could be said and what couldn't. The lack of response from the whole staff at Daybreak on just one little thing basically just says bugger off to me.
    Amiwrong?

yes I know this isnt the same subject as the Conj debacle, this IS about the total lack of communication about things that effect a great many players, perhaps not as many any more due to the exodus of players because of such actions/ or lack thereof.

I suppose that listing the stuff they intend to accomplish during a year should make up for that? Not from where I am sitting.
    AOE1, Breanna, DENSER and 2 others like this.
  12. Banana Tree Member

Maybe this Conjuror Balance Nerf is intended to bring them in line with the Necro Balance Nerf?

Remember how everyone nobody was complaining about overall mage dps vs scouts?
    Please take note that the Mage Balance Event Week is now behind us, kindly be quiet and accept not being helpful or wanted until next years 'DPS Balance' event.
  13. DENSER Well-Known Member

absolutely, window dressing. pretty happy at first, but eventually I realize that I got screwed.
    perfect politicians, The strategy of the double talk in all its splendor
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

As long as runes do not work on primary conjurer/necromancer pets we need not speek about class balacing and scaling
  15. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Not just nurfed at upper tier these class changes roll back to make the sub 90 coercer not as much fun to play as it used to be. Sub 50 omg, none of the gear has blue stats, at least the class has casting speed aa. The summoned pet is useless but that pet doesn't come untill 60? lvl... charmed pets can't even hold aggro anymore, /pet attack means the mob runs directly to the coercer. It's a given anyone can box a naked coercer with a charmed pet just to pull names for their raid/group.

I can understand they had to try to limit the damage the classes can do at the high levels..its so out of control millions of damage! ..but come on the low level game is NOT fun anymore for new players and old!
  16. AOE1 Well-Known Member

The necro has never seen a balancing to equalize them with the conjuror. Not ever. They are both a mage but not the same. They were NEVER the same or intended to be the same. They both HAD their strengths and weaknesses. Now it is a mess.

Why do they try to balance? Because one class whines enough that they don't do the dps that some other class does. That starts this round robin of nerfing that we have been going through for years and years. All it has done is really mess every class up. They were never all supposed to do equal anything. They all had their strength and their weakness or that is how it should have been. When they started having the parse show up in raids we really saw the beginning of the whine sessions, I know this because I was there when it all happened. Lot of years ago in eq1. Now they all are muddled and a mess. I said it in another thread and I will say it here, there was once a vision and someplace along the line they lost that vision and now we just have this jumbled mess of devs trying to balance something that was never supposed to be balanced and equal and in the process, it has created other problems.

This is how I see it and have seen it for a very long time.
    Pixistik likes this.
  17. Beee Well-Known Member

Yes - but a lot of mechnic problems are the same

Would guess not working runes like Withering or Symphony of the Void (because the pet is not a qualifying pet), AA that reduce pet performance instead of pushing, aso.

So without having a look into the mechanic problems every balancing will fail
  18. Beee Well-Known Member

eg Conjurer AA: - Enhance: Summon Spells
    [IMG]
    Should rise the mage pet spells by 20 Fervor and does: Nothing for the Firey Magican X

Not working AA, not working runes.. and all these things were mentioned allready in beta
  19. AOE1 Well-Known Member

And that means what regarding the constant nerfing which in itself, causes problems. The problem is their constant nerfing one or another of ANY class trying to equalize what was never supposed to be equal in the first place. The Ranger is another example of nerfing where it was not needed but done to satisfy whiners.
  20. DENSER Well-Known Member

it all started when they decided almost every class would do dps.
    Was the troubadour or the enchanter chosen before for his dps? No
    Was a tank chosen by its dps? No.

They changed the essence of the game's gameplay, it's up to them to assume it and offer us a game that respects the base for a while.
    If there are complaints, it's because there are gaps somewhere.
    In my opinion they are based on these complaints to balance the classes, without really testing beyond measure. Suddenly it makes you want to not fight more too much given the catastrophic changes

Exemple with boilblood, complains bring a nerf. I don't rly think they tested it. If players only underlined the up to do and not the nerfs, pretty sure things will change . Always with the idea that the devs have little investment in this part of the game