VoV and Conjuror nerf

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Finessa, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Finessa Member

Not sure if this is read by the developers. Happy to provide some parses if contacted. Unless something is done to fix Soulburn (assuming it is broken and not changed on purpose) this class will be pretty worthless in upper level content such as current heroic IIs and raids. It was previously our best spell and a good percentage of our dps as well as the drop in HP of our pet causes it to frequently die. It is now all but useless. Our overall DPS appears to be 1/10th or more of scouts with comparable stats I have been able to group with in a few H1s. I have been unable to secure a heroic II group because of the lack of of DPS. This is a drastic change from previous expansions. It is hard to understand what role EQ2 devs thinks we will play in groups and raids aside from some tank mit if we can't dps. We are not a utility class. My character/main went from being able to regularly complete Vex Challenge and all the raid content from the last expansion. This is a very disappointing complete nerf of our class.
    Teletrium and Beee like this.
  2. Nathanar New Member

I agree something is broken with my Conjuror. Even after the mit changes to Heroics, i was struggling to keep up with a priest's DPS, albeit a very good priest who's resolve and potency were close to mine. I could provide parses as well but have since switched to another class as my main.
    Beee likes this.
  3. Finessa Member

I was told yesterday that today's patch would address some of the mage issues. I don't see any changes except for Unda.
  4. DENSER Well-Known Member

I guess you can add necromancer too, seems a whole mages thingie
    Beee likes this.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

Summoners do not work since beta

A celestial Aery Hunter IX does at some Heroic 2 nameds less damage than a warden's Tunares pet
    Overall the summoners output is awfull. I hoped for some fixes last patch, but .....

I'm sure Daybreak knows - It was mentioned allready in Discord
  6. DENSER Well-Known Member

Ye Hope it will rly b fix and asap.
    First time i buy a premium to be able to upgrade my main necro toon.
    It feels at the moment, that i should use those € elsewhere.
    very bad experience so far
  7. Finessa Member

I do know all mages are affected however, Conji's seem to be the worst off. I went back through parses for the challenge Vex Thal raids and other fights. Soulburn for myself and the other Conji's was 12-15% of our DPS. Now it is less than 1% on average in the Heroic II fights. I can't even get some heroic II groups because there are DPS checks. We are now pretty much a worthless class. I was told there would not be changes.
    Teletrium likes this.
  8. Sebekian New Member

It's NOT a Conjuror thing specifically, it's all Mage classes right now. It seems like the higher the crit mit/potency mitigation, the less our spells can strike through it. CAs from scouts/fighters seem to do full damage if they meet the potency requirements while mages are doing maybe 20-30% of what they should be. Our main group has had to take a T1 scout to help us get through Heroic 2s. I'm not sure why the develops aren't acknowledging this and prioritizing a fix. It's ruining the game for any T1 mages this expansion.
  9. Finessa Member

I think the damage is done. We are not being invited to groups. Groups can't meet DPS checks. Very disappointing. Much of it though for Conji's is the loss of our AA - Soulburn.
  10. DENSER Well-Known Member

11. DENSER Well-Known Member

not a word from the devs, even to tell us that it was planned so or not it would be good before we became paranoid and say to ourselves that it is to make us spend more to be at the same level as the other dps
    Leetch likes this.
  12. DENSER Well-Known Member

100€ to be able to buy that celestial upgrade spell for my pet, among others. C'mon some interest in your customers
  13. Leetch Member

Please fix soulburn. Summoners are broken without it.

Mages in general took a massive hit this expac but summoners took an even bigger hit with soulburn.

Was it intentional or unintended?
  14. Priority Well-Known Member

Good luck, fighters have been waiting since June for a reply.
  15. Beee Well-Known Member

Actual state: Wasted money for summoners

I heared a rumor about mages not beeing not patched before januray :mad:
  16. DENSER Well-Known Member

it is still an idea to answer the questions of the players on a forum which is made for that. no answer whatsoever to tell us that we are talking nonsense, or that it will be seen.
    Just a word.
    The only dev atm who's working with players is Denmum. It should not be easy to be faced with comments that are sometimes delicate to manage, at least she has the common sense to answer.
  17. Unnattural Member

equivalent stats and ideal group, no auto being considered , a wiz is parsing about half of ranger, conj and necro are about 1/5th of a ranger... I dont know what i just know it is very bad. A wiz with 600k pot 800 fervor rays of disintegration should not be having a high hit of 70b in a t2 heroic. What is weird tho is is that if i take the conj or wiz into Vd2 labomination it performs alot closer to what would be expected, i presume its because there is some weird thing going on with combat mit but i would have thought we would see 600k pot wiz blowing up t1 heroics if that was the case. The conj is still even lower due to the nerfs to soulburn and aqueous swarm. The crayon crew really needs some help yall.
    Beee likes this.
  18. Thand Well-Known Member

from looking as my parses i have come t the conclusion that soulburn is realy not effected much at all by CB or potency. With excperimentyu around even a 10k increase in potency does not change the averare hit of 68billion in H2s for comparison Elemental blast was hitting arounsd 250 to 300b on H2 mobs
  19. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

sucks but it is their annual holiday break where we don't usually get another patch until after the new year
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since there was a patch on test Friday, I fully expect we'll get a patch on Live Tuesday.