Vex Thal: Shadow Citadel solo

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Ratsmack, Dec 17, 2020.

1. girney Active Member

this zone and loda kai island is also bugged. hopefully both will be fixed.
    Beee likes this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

They found the problems . should be fixed next patch
  3. Argent Active Member

Yup, did as planned and deleted the quest, waited for the timer and reset it so I could start fresh, this time had the full conversation but again unable to do damage, no triangles, no real damage to me, just dancing around.

As Evguenil says - off to do something else. :/
  4. Tupperbeast Active Member

loda kai works only if one of the Spider Gages is not bugged fine, sometimes one of the Spider trap stucks and the first fight bug. Only chance is reset zone or get a new one. Its a other DB Story and fix more problems in the Game.
  5. Suidakra Active Member

The strategy I found most consistent (PRE HOTFIX). I haven't done it since after hotfix:
    -Dps as slow as you can, and make sure singular focus is on to avoid accidental aoe damage to her
    it seems every 5% triggers a different cast (furative glance, umbral detonation)
    -When casting Furative Glance, you have to be standing in the center where she spawns before it goes off.
    This causes the portals to summon
    Black and blueish portal thing on the ground
    -When the portals summon, I stop dps completely and find the portal that needs clicking
    Furative Shadows (I think? NOT Disurpted shadows)
    -I continue super slow dps until umbral detonation is being cast. At this point I stop dps again, and click portal
    -After clicking portal I STILL continue NOT to DPS and go back to center
    Black and blueish portal thing on ground
    -Kill all adds that spawned and cure all detrimentals on me.
    I'm a healer, so curing isn't a problem
    -Go back to super slow dps.

Rinse - repeat.

It's super important to kill the adds and cure detrimentals. 10 stacks of either, you're instant dead.
    I found if I'm not dps'ing her at all, she will not cast either skills.
    Also - the more HP she loses, the more adds she spawns. So if she has 5 adds up, and you click a portal midway through fight, 5 more adds can spawn and you're now at the 10 stack/dead.
    I also believe the adds are what cast the detrimental, so this can also cause the detrimentals to stack up QUICK
  6. girney Active Member

it is still bugged. the first epic works fine but the second is too slow coming out of cage and you die. rezzing causes the encounter to be broken as you arent hit any longer by named and you cant hit him. killing the epic yourself doesnt help. it is broken
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

read test server patch notes, it is what will go to live on tuesday
    Breanna likes this.
  8. girney Active Member

trying this and it seems to work except if you dont use the furtive shadow to cancel umbral it bugs the encounter to where the named is immune. also if you die and are rezzed it breaks the encounter also making the named again immune to damage and he doesnt do any damage or do any of the script.
  9. Koval New Member

This was not fixed - it was made worse. I spent most of the morning today testing it. DPS burn/speed has no effect whatsoever. If Aten is interrupted by a class spell, she becomes immune without fail. If the triangle is used (AT ALL), regardless of whether she is casting Umbral or not (yes, at any point during the cast - which is still too fast), you die.
    Also, please consider calming down with the death mechanics in general...whoever encouraged the notion that overusing death conditions = challenging is most likely not considering that this game doesn't need more ways to increase player frustration and attrition.
    Mizery likes this.
  10. Chronk New Member

"Slightly reduced the number of times she casts Umbral Detonation."

If you say so.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  11. Ssin New Member

After todays patch:

The Umbral Detonation may need a slightly longer delay, it is manageable in the early stages of the fight but towards the end of the fight when you have to keep the adds under control, trying to do that for some classes while finding the correct "furtive" triangle will be difficult.

I think the damage from the adds could be a little lower, when so many start spawning together at the latter stages the healer merc really struggled (lvl 20 merc).

I toned down my dps on the boss and focused on burning the adds asap when not heading for the "furtive" buff, it took me about 12 attempts to kill the boss but will not be doing the zone again as it currently stands.

Oh, one other thing, the res point for last boss should be much closer, it's quite a run back and slow as run speed in zone seems to be much reduced.
    AutumnRain likes this.
  12. Chrol Developer

I will add one just outside her room.

Adding it inside her room, actually.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

If I click on portal too late I am dead from Umbral Detonation, ok, next second my merc resurrects me and I am stuck. There are no portals anymore, boss health is not reducing. My only options is to stop fighting and watch how adds kill me which can take several minutes.
  14. Koval New Member

Update: It looks like the issue I reported earlier was resolved in yesterday's patch. I was able to complete the script properly and easily the first time without both triangles bugging out. As to the revive point, it sounds great considering the distance previously required (pointed out by Ssin) - though I did not die (fortunately) and consequently did not have the opportunity/need to use it.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

She killed me 23 sec into the fight yesterday in the Solo. There were no triangles, but she hit me with Umbral Detonation and I died.

I just cursed a blue streak and ported back to the guild hall.

(1) It would be nice if there was some EMOTE that she used BEFORE she started casting Umbral Detonation.

(2) Umbral Detonation should be interruptible (The warlock spell Cataclysm won't stop it, apparently).

(3) Umbral Detonation should not cast until and unless there are triangles up.

Before the changes in the last two weeks, I could barely kill this fight. Now, not gonna waste my time even trying, because the only reason I'm doing solos at this point anyway is for NO-TRADE shinies, and heck if I am going to die over and over and over for the possibility that I might actually get one of the three shinies I need in here. I will just run Siege Break over and over.
    Quillyne and girney like this.
  16. Thand Well-Known Member

Spend a bunch of hours yesterday and Today with no luck. here are my sugestions. Tonedown either the Damage or the Hp of the adds as even in decent gear it can be hard for a merc to keep you alibe for non tank or healer clases . 2 increase the cast time of umbrel detionation. It has about a 2 second cast time so if you have Any lag at all you are toast. 3 let use see the name of the portals at a larger distance later in the fight if you run to the wrong portal first you are out of luck as you will not have time to run to the next. Best i got her to was 10 percent and i started clicked when she called umbrell detonation as instatly died i had to go by the call as her Cast bar does not always com up. Also could you just make it every 25 percent? it is way to many times for a solo.
    Beee, Quillyne and Sigrdrifa like this.
  17. Chrol Developer

The casting time of Umbral Detonation is 3 seconds, and you have several seconds to position yourself in preparation of Umbral Detonation, so the encounter difficulty will not change.

The forthcoming reward for this will be commensurate with the difficulty.

And to separate this from the other "solo" zones, we'll change it to read, [Advanced Solo], as suggested earlier.
    Twisty and Beee like this.
  18. Beee Well-Known Member

Klicking the portal needs half a second, so sometimes there is not really much time left and you will die while klicking the portal

But it's really doable ;)
  19. Billiance New Member

Did this update really happen on the live servers yet? As of this posting, there is no indication in the News and Announcements that any patch after Jan 5th has been applied ....
  20. Bludd Well-Known Member