Vex Thal: Shadow Citadel solo

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Ratsmack, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That appears to have been a one-time-only quick fix. Hopefully this will be in the stack of fixes for the next Update. Which, pray gods, should be on Tuesday.
    Bludd likes this.
  2. Gnomfu Active Member

k. once i figured out you do need the fleshless language i went back and Aten had a book above her head.

I tried the triangle approach and i died with less than 5% left on a couple of attempts. final attempt i left the triangles alone and popped tsunami when mobs started to appear. i was able to power through them and kill Aten. Still not a fight tuned for a solo + merc.
  3. Chrol Developer

Haven Defender Hezzen has been updated once again with a fix on all servers just now so you should be able to speak to her again for the quest.
    Breanna and Bludd like this.
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

i still have vexing completed after taling to Defender Hezzen. so i presume the 18 hours start counting now and i can retake when elapsed?
  5. Chrol Developer

It’d start when you receive the quest.
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

i could only take it when i logged on today, weird
  7. girney Active Member

this is not a solo encounter. he casts umbral detonation way too often. cant beat him down, counter umbral and kill the adds with just my paly and his merc. needs to be toned down. i dont expect it to be easy but it should be doable without a group. i dont have raid gear but am not a dabbler either
  8. Twisty Well-Known Member

i agree this fight is too hard solo for certain select classes, pally probably being one of them

honestly, no matter what, they need to stick an [Advanced Solo] tag on the zone to differentiate from the rest and the bosses should always drop 220res gear and chance at 225 from last boss. would encourage duoing it, which is good for the MM aspect of the game

and quantity OR frequency of adds can probably be toned down by about 1/3rd to make it more reasonable for classes that can't just burst named before adds show up
  9. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Agreed - I like to think I am decent guardian - but the last fight is a 50/50 for me - sometimes I get it and sometimes I die 2 to 3 times trying to kill it.
  10. Mordrake71 New Member

If you go past the room the enforcer shaaho is in and down there is a room with his enforcers. kill all of them and then go back up and burn him. I only have the dropped gear from sig quests or adv solo run gear and I soloed him np.

Before i killed those adds below I was creamed 3x in a row.
  11. Bludd Well-Known Member

talk to last npc so it will become aggro but step away
    then temp up and go full hog on her, also you can try to interrupt her casting with stuns and knockdowns and interrupts
  12. Smashey Well-Known Member

My interrupt cast time is 0,75 at 100% which leave me at a 1,25 reaction time combined with the poor servers and the latency. The fight is a 50/50 every time.

At the core its a super simple instance, even the last fight, but the game just isnt built around such a tight window and especially not these years where server performance is so horrible.

I skip the zone for that reason. Just not worth it. The run back pisses me off too
    girney likes this.
  13. ianiention New Member

Same position here, can't get her to talk at all.
    update: I've not got the fleshless language (as mentioned by Gnomfu above, so will get that).
  14. ianiention New Member

Now that I've learn't the language 'Fleshless Tongue' I can now speak to Aten Ha Ra
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I finally managed to get through the zone yesterday. I died a couple of times on the second and last names. I'm kinda okay with this being a bit harder to solo for me, but I do wonder what the heck Templars will do to defeat this zone, since i am playing on a warlock and conjy mostly.
  16. girney Active Member

what is the purpose of the blue beams if they go away as soon as you use a portal which you have to use to get to the names?
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You have to use a beam then a portal or two, then find a new beam.
  18. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I still have figured what to with the portals that form or that major spell he drops alot. I just hope I can kill it before it gets to that.
  19. Leucippus Member

Some thoughts on the final named in this zone:
    (1) The spell Umbral Detonation is continuously recast by the mob. Even if it is interrupted, it is immediately recast. Unless it is possible to continuously interrupt that spell, interrupting that spell is pointless.
    (2) Even if one does manage to click the correct black triangle at the correct time, situation (1) applies, and one dies anyway.
    (3) As far as I can tell, the only ones that can kill this mob are ones that can kill the mob before the mob casts Umbral detonation. Whatever mechanic that is supposed to be in place to counteract Umbral Detonation is not working.
    (4) The adds are sort of pointless given situation (3)
    (5) Only the casting bar is available to tell when Umbral Detonation is being cast; i.e. there exists no chat text or similar game mechanic.
    (6) The mob can cast both Umbral Detonation the mob's other spell simultaneously. So, there is no guarantee to be a casting bar for Umbral Detonation.
    (7) If my merc rezzes me, I almost always immediatly die again, often from Umbral Detonation.
    Given the above situations, unless one can kill the mob before the mob casts Unbral Detonation, this mob is not soloable. The only way this sutaiton "makes sense", is if Umbral Detonation is a DPS check, a situation which does not seem to be the case due to the presence of the black triangles.
    -Leucippus
    ianiention likes this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

A little emote here would be most welcome.

OTOH, the reason you get her constantly casting is probably because you are killing her too fast. I think she does this at % intervals.