Vex Thal: Shadow Citadel solo

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Ratsmack, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Chrol Developer

Next hotfix, Fleshless Tongue will no longer be required to interact with Aten Ha Ra, and her constant casting of Umbral Detonation will be fixed.
    Quillyne, Xianthia, Bludd and 2 others like this.
  2. Badun New Member

can not get past Aten ha ra. his back to back to back umbrall casting and my interupts dont come back in time to keep up with them. have died about 20 times at least cause cannot interupt the constant umbral. so iam stuck.
  3. Chrol Developer

DPSing too fast.
  4. Badun New Member

is that it ??
  5. girney Active Member

i was finally able to kill him but i died four times in the battle. he casts umbral way too often and either lag or he resists interruption ends up in death.this needs to be addressed so that more than just the high dps players can defeat this zone. to top it off, the rewards stunk and it was a common shiny. not worth the hassle
  6. girney Active Member

7. Flatline Well-Known Member

Sounds like a "You" problem, not a "Player" problem to be honest :p
  8. Chrol Developer

Oh it is!
  9. girney Active Member

doesnt matter how i dps, umbral was still being cast too often. did it get fixed? as a paly i dont think i have ever been accused of dpsing too fast
  10. Noxnoctis New Member

it is not fixed. Got destroyed a half dozen times here on last boss , this is way to hard for "solo". They make this stuff way to hard for laggy craptastic servers and interface that just stinks.
  11. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Vex Thal solo Final Named after patch totaly buged and not for raiders to kill anymore!!!!

The Wiki says if not being able to spawn or see the Portal maybe to much Damage LOL what should i DO as Raid DD dismount and get nacked to kill a Solo named ??? Great JOKE DB LOL.

The Script if it was before the last patch on 05.01.2021 was fine if you have had powerfull DD you coul burn without any issus as it should be, as less damge maybe some tanks or Healer you could do the script because of less DPS what was the issuse in the mecahnic before the PATCH ??? I SAY thier was NON.

If thier is any mechanisem which avoids us from burn mobs if we have the power to do thats no issuse and this worked for nealy a decade, if some raid mobs have panic scripts for not being solo able OK fin with this, but not a F°°°Ck solo named evan its an X2 doesnt matter.

Refix this Script or do a mechinc on the last which works like the Agnostic Dundgens and calculats the mobs funktions an the base of the Toon who wants to kil it.

Thx Helfiren
  12. Bludd Well-Known Member

dear chrol, this mission doesnt reset for me :(
    though unsure if i want to go in there to die from triangles

[IMG]

[IMG]
  13. Chrol Developer

Yes, the old quest must be removed. Working on that!
    Bludd likes this.
  14. Loke Member

Aten Ha Ra stuck at 61% and wouldn't take further damage, multiple times. No adds up, no shadow things to click.
  15. Billiance New Member

I noted the same thing but at a different health percentage -- happened specifically right after the merc rezzed me
  16. Twisty Well-Known Member

dont die?

don't interrupt, dps with selective intelligence using spells you never use for dps, pre-position for gate click

yea gates can double spawn sometimes if you accidentally hi-crit and skip a threshold, which causes the back-to-back Detonations (which makes it LOOK like there are no gates, but it's not true they're just delayed and pop into existence with very little time before 2nd Detonation goes off), which will likely kill you. altho still possible to save it with enough awareness and dexterity. if it happens and u die, fine - redo.

i can consistently do the fight in 1-2 attempts even sometimes with double Detonations. frankly if i could, i'd vote to leave the fight as is so there is some small pockets of challenge still left in this game. sure it's buggy and ugly and has warts, but it makes a mean effing meatloaf; we wuvs it. now if only there was some carrot on this stick to make it worth other than for the satisfaction of the challenge itself. like... increase chance of solo green adorns (names: Manarock and Rainstone) to 15-20% on AtenHaRa from whatever it is now in a normal last solo chest - and that's literally all that needs to happen.

Oh and just change the name of the zone to say [Advanced Solo]. Boom - done; minimal effort, everyone happy. Don't kill a beautiful prickly rose, just cause it has pricks
  17. Loke Member

There were no deaths on those pulls, Detonation was interrupted and dps was very slow. It just bugged out, several pulls in a row.
  18. Chronk New Member

This zone is still messed up with no discernable strategy. I try high DPS, I try low DPS, I've tried no DPS. I try leaving adds up, I try killing adds as they pop. Sometimes clicking the furtive triangle stops the detonation sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes a triangle pops before a detonation and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes her health just freezes at a random percentage. My two personal favorites are that you can't go through the door at the respawn point without using the porter to go out then back in and when Aten Ha Ra casually says "Umbral Detonation" after it's gone off and I'm already face down on the pavement.
  19. Argent Active Member

Yesterday Ra was broken -- I couldn't do any damage, no triangles were ever spawed. I wasn't really being hurt either, we just kind danced around. I left the zone, came back -- same thing. Let my timer expire and today reset it and went back. Instead of the normal full conversation, my only response was the "whatever it is, I'm up to it" and same thing, I could do no damage.

I guess I'll delete the quest, get the quest, wait for the timer and reset the zone and try again?
  20. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

wait for fix and go to some other instances in between