Varsoon will have live adventure experience rates?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Tesoth, May 3, 2022.

1. Kurth Member

I honestly think it died before then and that's why it was left to languish.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

3. Venser Active Member

those who remember Kaladim launch i am pretty sure was slower than current Kaladim xp rates. still slower than live, but iirc Kaladim was slower, but now it's a pretty good medium. pretty silly to not play a server over having to take an extra day to level. but then again it's always those who only play for 1-2 expansions that seem to be the loudest about this stuff, meh.
    Reconnection and KythosMeltdown like this.
  4. Daltharr Active Member

Im not sure what I dislike the most; people who tells me the reason I play something, people who tells me how fast I should play it, people who thinks their opinion is a fact and representing a majority, or people whos willing to let their way of thinking/playing have a negative impact on others before theyve exhausted all simple solutions to their specific problem.

Im not playing TLEs for nostalgia or to run lowbie zones for days, im not doing it to run questline XYZ againagain.At this point, im not even doing it for "the journey" - Im not doing it because I like cumbersome and complicated travelsystems. TbH. Im actually kinda tired of the old content. Ive played live for a few months now, and I truly love to play some new content. -it was hard to accept the state of the game. But when thats said, then I really like it - im defo playing there for the rest of the current expack

Im doing it to get away from a collapsed economy, exessive p2w, 7-8 researchable spelltiers, ascension, mercbattalions, familiars, deitypotency and content gated behind arbitrary stats like resolve and fervor. Im doing it because I can have (a new version of) my old extended family with a range of different and usefull toons I can swap in and out as I want/need- Hunters is a big reason to limit the number of toons I have. I dont need it further complicated.

None of that benefit from slow exp. - I alrdy dread the thought of countless "forced" dungeon runs when we get to huntermissions and the ensuing grind. I dont need to be stuck in a dungeon for the twelftyseventh day with loot/gear idc about. The hunterruns at least shine from rewarding BIS. I get my shiny and it makes my toon stronger.

I can TS when I want, can harvest when and where I want and I can try to kill the mobs I want, It makes sense to gear up, and it makes sense to run dungeons
    - all of this is affected in a negative way with slow exp. And people will be forced to play in areas they dont want, to log out when they dont want(if theres no grps of that lvl) -- Might be some who likes lowbie dungeons. But its not the trend as I recal it from FG -Kaladim.
    Fg-exp was so bad it was a reason for people to stop, Kaladim was better, but most grind grps still had different versions of the same conversation.. ;how long till we max?? Itl be kool when we can.. and; wheres the tanks?? We dont need that for 4-5-8 toons. - It may be fine when the server is booming. But it doesnt stay that way

We dont have time for the grind. Its that simple.I cant lvl my armorer if im grinding dungeons, I cant grab a giant coffee and enjoy a few hour of harvesting if I know I still have days left in a dungeon - I still need to gear up every tier if im stuck in all of them. If the raid needs a geared coercer ½ way to midcontent, then its no good if the toon isnt ready before next expansion. and that will cause an exponential need for alternating between the same dungeon and a cpl different TS, or needs for carries

If I level faster then it easier to accept i suck for now, knowing that my leveling in itself is a solution- If I lvel slow then its just one long string of headbangin at gates of different kind: finding a grp, finding a place to grind, finding gear that makes the grind tolerable, finding time to grind, finding content I wont have time to do
    but I can always go back there when I feel like it, when I think I have the time needed

I personally love the grind grps- peeps stay together in same grp for longer, noone is judged by gear/skills. I have rolled alts just to have a toon to lvl up. But its the grping I like. Its not the low lvls or the dungeons.
    I can delete the toons or turn them into craft-slaves. And that option is open for all, without a requirement that others do same.
    Im not asking anyone to do as I do, or say its the right way to do things. But I am saying that its easier to turn the exp-dial down than it is to dial it up.
    I wouldnt hate if peeps would at least look at rerolls, return to xyz dungeon, throttle the exp at personal lvl vs serverwide and other options rather than asking that all do it how they want.
    Has anyone who likes slow exp ever logged out for dbl exp events?? Never used or enjoyed own or other peoples exp pots?

We have 12-16 weeks pr expansion. We dont have any amount of time we can just throw away.
    Beneeto likes this.
  5. Daltharr Active Member