Varsoon will have live adventure experience rates?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Tesoth, May 3, 2022.

1. Tesoth New Member

That has to be a mistake in the FAQ, right? The experience was to fast on Kaladim and now its going to be crazy fast. You going to level out of a dungeon before you are half way through it lol.

I was so excited for this and even came back a month early to mess around on live and Kaladim. Now though I am not sure I will even play it. Man, I hope its a mistake...
  2. Happypanties New Member

They need to drop it down to 6 weeks and still slow xp. Nothing todo in classic apart from Icy dig and they have not revamp any bosses or dungeons. Loot is not good from 90% of classic raids so i have no idea what they are even thinking...
  3. The_Grim_Ogre New Member

Yeah, it's a real shame.

Both the EQ TLP, and the EQ2 TLE are a bust for me. I am baffled as to why the would use live exp rates. I mean how difficult can it be, to look at how fast people level, and see that it is too darn fast; even on the slower servers. I level slowly, and with live rates, I will be 50 in a casual week.
  4. Happypanties New Member

EQ1 Vanik server is looking pretty decent after thier FAQ today. Think thats where i will be spending my time it's sad really because i wanted to play EQ2 again. It started getting really good come Kunark - TSO and SF was having a lot fun in them expansions on kaladim.
  5. Tesoth New Member

I make a lot of new characters on live and play them through the content. As soon as I hit level 10 I have to change it so 90% of the experience goes to AA to even experience any of the content in the first 50 levels. Then at 50 I change it 75% till level 80. Then change it to 50% the rest of the way. I just leave any AA unspent until it would normally become available. Even doing that I still level really fast.

There will be a good amount of hard core players at 50 before the end of the day and the rest of the server will be 50 by the end of two weeks. I am so shocked and disappointed.
    adaria likes this.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Oh please! Many people play multiple alts, and/or don't want to spend their lives crafting.

Use your XP/AA slider, and/or disable XP on your XP bar. Good grief.
    Xaera, Breanna, Mizgamer62 and 3 others like this.
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

You're shocked and disappointed because other people don't want to play exactly the way you do? You don't pay everybody's subs, and you don't get to decide how anyone else enjoys the game.

Shut your XP off on your XP bar, and/or use your AA/XP slider and put it over to 100% AAs if you don't want to level.
    Breanna, Mizgamer62 and Zenji like this.
  8. Tesoth New Member

I assume you do not realize how live experience rates work. A very casual player can be 50 in a few days. Live experience is not designed for low level play. It is designed to allow you to level up very very quickly to get you to the place player are at on live. You will enter a dungeon and level out of an entire continent. It will take you longer to gather the quests then for them to turn grey lol.
    adaria and Jadefox2 like this.
  9. Attaboy(Dimble_Unrest) New Member

I really hope they tune the xp waaaay down. We want a harder "vanilla" experience, not to hit cap in 1-2 days and blow through all content.
    adaria and Smashey like this.
  10. Zenji Well-Known Member

I assume you haven't played low level in a while. I just ran through it with a group running a 50% XP potion on live servers.

Started Wailing Caves at level 10, full cleared and killed the last boss at level 16.5.
    Went into Fallen Gate, full cleared including the spider tunnel and finished the last boss at 24 almost 25.

That is not over leveling to quickly.
    Siren and Mizgamer62 like this.
  11. Tesoth New Member

So 10 to 25 in what 2 hours?
    adaria likes this.
  12. Zenji Well-Known Member

closer to 3, we had to cast a new XP potion halfway through FG
  13. Tesoth New Member

So in 3 hours you went from 10 to almost 25 with a very small xp pot and think that wasn't very fast.

To each there own I guess.
  14. Zenji Well-Known Member

I didn't say it wasn't "fast", I was showing you won't be over leveling a dungeon just from running through it, unless you stack XP potions.
    Siren and Mizgamer62 like this.
  15. Tesoth New Member

But you did out level the entire zone by running each dungeon only one time. You didn't do 90+% of the content in the zone...
    Jadefox2 likes this.
  16. Medicinal Active Member

Adjust your exp rate down if you don't like it. There will be plenty of folks making alts and you'll have plenty of people to group with as you tiptoe through the tulips.
    Siren likes this.
  17. Cronos New Member

Well looks like 95% of players do not want this and I still expect the FAQ to be wrong there. No DEV team would cripple their own server like that. Even Kaladim was fast! Also, for all in this post who don’t know what they talk about, here is some info… the AA slider does NOT work at the start and disabling combat and/or quest XP so that ONE dungeon run does not completely outlevel you from the corresponding overland area is NOT a acceptable solution. A game has to make sure that a player has a smooth and somewhat steady gameplay experience and with Kaladim this still was the case mostly. But with live XP it will simply be broken totally.

I just did a test run on Maj Dul and did exactly the same isle of refuge as on Kaladim. Kaladim I was start of lvl 7 when done and always fought blue/white mobs… on LIVE server I was end of lvl 9 and I only stopped levelling more because all the quests and mobs were grey long ago… It was a horrible experience compared to Kaladim as it was so freaking easy to just walk through green and grey mobs and quests…
  18. Rhvaurek Member

Yes! Please lower the XP rate devs! Please do listen to your players, do not kill the server before it even launches!
    adaria and Jadefox2 like this.
  19. Momo Well-Known Member

Shutting off XP fully or partially (questing / combat) works, AA slider doesnt. We are talking TLE, Vanilla has no AA. But generally you are right, there is an option to go slower if someone wants to.

Nevertheless, I too am bothered by "Live server XP rates". I had rather hoped Kaladims rates get tuned down a bit, I felt levelling was too fast. But I would be really curious about the reasoning behind that decision - nosy Tongas wanna know :D
  20. Jadefox2 Active Member

When is the XP slider available?
    Or the Chronomages?