Update

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Mythik, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Malbro New Member

Same here, goes from 1 fps to 74 to 1.
  2. Malbro New Member

How do you do this? I am not seeing the option for full download.

Never mind, I found it
    Tierisch likes this.
  3. Windstorm New Member

I am also stuck at loading ui. Test server has also been unplayable for me since it was last patched a few days ago.
  4. Dragonmama New Member

I try logging into a character (who is in small guild hall), never get beyond loading announcement. Computer and game were fine this morning. Why don't they test these updates on one of their own computers (at their homes) before they try to update everyone? Something obviously interacted badly with some of their changes. And it has to be outside work building because that way they can check firewalls, etc.

So bored I am sitting around sorting Lego parts. And bored dragons get into mischief......
  5. Dragonmama New Member

oh, and by the way....my game is fully downloaded...not streaming....so that is not it either.
    Tierisch likes this.
  6. Cormallon New Member

Have the same issues: nearly unable to write messages (seconds between appearing of the letters in the window), moving of char nearly not possible etc.
    Seems as if the game does no longer recognize graphics card (gtx 1060!) or such a problem.
    very worse, I'm sad
  7. Grouse Active Member

Everything was normal in guild hall and prestige house ... Went to Great Divide and the Withered Lands and it was horrible. Returned to guild hall and things returned to normal. I am now back in the Withered Lands averaging 20-30 pages per second. Things feel normal right now.
    Tierisch likes this.
  8. Uxtalzon Active Member

Same trouble here.

To those affected, listen to your computer. My graphic card is completely silent, when the game should be using it to render things into view. It's instead putting all the stress on the processor. Basically look at system requirements, run a red marker over video card you have, and that's how the game is trying to run.

Downloading the full game (oh yay, 7+ hours) puts the assets on your computer so it's all there locally, rather than load-as-you-go which is what I (and I bet others) have.

Sitting in small zones or instances has very few things to load, so the stuttering is almost nonexistent.

EDIT: My computer is an i3847 Dell Inspiron with ATI 7900 HD Series card. So I doubt its computer specs, but what version you are running vs. what your processor can handle.
  9. Tierisch Well-Known Member

Ok, have to head out to work, but did the full DL and I can run around in Twark now... If you already have the full download maybe have it scan the files?
  10. KEV1NJ New Member

To go to full download:
    1 Open Launcher.
    2 click on advanced tools (small button on the lower left just above your loading progress bar)
    3 click on 'select game version' (6th option)
    4 make sure there is a check mark in the box next to 'full download'
    5 wait multiple hours for all the files to download.

Note that I can't yet verify that this fixes the issue because I am still on step 5... But this is the how if you want to try it.
    eheartbeat likes this.
  11. Jamiss Developer

If you're experiencing the issues you should close out your client and repatch.
    Tierisch likes this.
  12. Asterra New Member

Okies, I had the same issues as you guys.

Repatch didn't fix it, but... fully downloading the game under the options on the client window had sorted it.

The issue appears to be if you play the game 'on-the-fly' as it where and not with the full game on your system.

Well it worked for me, good luck to the rest of you.
    Tierisch likes this.
  13. Mensa Member

How did you download it so fast? Mine looks like it's going to take quite a few hours...
  14. Uxtalzon Active Member

If you select full download, you have no choice but to let it finish. Close launcher and restart? It just picks up where it left off. Uninstall? Starts downloading 20 gigs all over again.

Nice. Once again living up to its name, by the time I can get on it'll be Daybreak.
  15. Letters New Member

I didn't do anything extra. I remember it looked like it would take some time, so I left the computer and did some other stuff. When I came back a little bit later it was all completed.
  16. KEV1NJ New Member

@Uxtalzon, I'm pretty sure all you need to do is uncheck the 'full download' box and press the apply button and it will stop. But if you then recheck it you'll probably start all over.
  17. Melt Actually plays the game

Maybe your card is silent because it is low end to begin with
  18. AnotherForumName Member

Curious if all the people having severe video lag (3-5 FPS) also have the Full Download of the game and not the Streamed version.

I just went through a, full two day, troubleshooting problem with something similar, to what is be described here, when I installed the Full Version. Graphics were bumped down to "awful" and my FPS was 3-5. This was three full installs across two computers. I eventually went back to Streamed version (all settings maxed, 200-270 FPS) which did not have this extreme video lag problem (as well as many other bugs); just have to put up with the network choppiness on new zones.

It's almost like the repository of the Full Download version are different (old) files.
  19. Malbro New Member

I checked the full download and looked again - no check box. Do you have to wait for it to finish the full download for the check box to come back?
  20. AnotherForumName Member

The only way I could go back to a streaming client was to uninstall.... unfortunately. =(

Word of warning: if you do uninstall be sure to Log Out before you do because if you're logged in while using the In-Launcher Uninstall option the game will immediately start downloading the Full Version again after you uninstalled. lol