Upcoming Necro NERF -- Test Update 19a -- Dumbfire pets back to taking AoE dmg

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Gargamel, Jan 12, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

yeah this is stupid give us something. you nerf and nerf and nerf after saying you liked where our DPS was, why was that comment even made if you were going to nerf us again. also are those increases to deathly coil and torrential plague finally coming with LU 19 too? would really like to see a dev comment on why this is happening and why they said before our DPS was good and are again nerfing us because i am somewhat bewildered right now.
  2. ARCHIVED-Goozman Guest

Try parsing yellow-orange raids. I did last night with a conjuror and 2 necros on it. this is what I saw from dumbfire pets
    miss miss miss miss miss no damage miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss no damage miss miss miss miss miss no damage miss miss 110 miss miss
    They accounted for <1% of the summoners' dps
  3. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

What quality swarm pets were you using? My M2 dogs and M1 Stench don't miss nearly that much, especially if I position them correctly to avoid parries and ripostes.
  4. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

Here is a compiled parse of my damage out put during a PP2 raid. This is from start to finish. Many mobs in PP2 are 65+, with a few reaching up to 68.

[IMG]

As you can see, Stench of the grave was my #3 dmg dealer at ~600k dmg. The dogs were #7 at ~330k dmg. All my damage releated spells are M1. This includes all pets and pet buffs. I have M2 dogs. I have the proc hat ( strike of living flames ) and the proc neck ( wraith touch ). Dynamism is a single target illusionist proc buff. Ice lash is a wizard group proc buff.

Also I believe that my procing gear broke about 1/2 way into the zone, so their numbers are a bit skewed and should be higher.
    Message Edited by Named88 on 01-17-200608:41 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-Goozman Guest

was mainly looking at the named mobs, not trash encounters. I don't think this small "nerf" will have any effect on trash encounters.
  6. ARCHIVED-Stath Guest

what are we talking about again? dumbfire what? PETS? ohh yea..well the way i see it is that if our pet is affected by aoe why not dumbfire pets too. it only make sense to me.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

Agree!
  8. ARCHIVED-Eyes_of_Truth Guest

makes sence that they MUST recive group buffs if they are infact PETS.
    All i know is if they do decide to make them into PETS, and they can get group buffs, im gona make friendly with a Dirge :smileyvery-happy:
  9. ARCHIVED-Sir Alex Guest

Last night while i was in poets palace my dogs were getting ripped apart by dajinn AOE's when i would relese them in the fron of the mob when i released them behind the mob no prob, i remember having to do this when fighting giants in ts in my mid 20's when i got my rats,
  10. ARCHIVED-Riversideblues Guest

barage is a targeted aoe

lern2play guys, you do nuts dps, and them taking aoe doesnt mean that you dont ever get to use them at all, at least be glad that now it will be easier to call aoe's :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Eyes_of_Truth Guest

Thats how it currently is, and thats ok and acceptable.
    What has happend on test is ANY aoe now hits the Swarm pets. Aka, if a mage mob uses lighting storm (low level aoe that high end mage mobs love to cast for some reason) then your pets poof, even if mob is only a ^^ heroic.
    Now with epics, this is even worse since your pets are garentied to die every 30 seconds. Most epic AOE's are 360 degrees so you cant just put them in the back anymore.
    On live, if u take a little time to possition, you dont have to worry about ripostes/barrage, which is good and reward the summoner for takeing the time to carefully possition your minons, but if the AOE = true for swarm pets rule goes live, this stratagy will be shot to [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn].
  12. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

sheesh... learn to think.

"You guys" is exactly the problem. You know nothing about the details, but make broad sweeping statements as if you do.
  13. ARCHIVED-majin3110 Guest

Dont throw tomatos at me or anything. Do i think losing the dps will suck?.... yes. Do i think its wrong from a logical standpoint to be able to hit Dumbfires with an AoE?.... no. They are summoned pets, just like our main pets. They have HP.. dont dont have hp. They do work like dots in a way considering they have no special attacks, but to me they are just temporary summoned pets and should be hit just as easy as my main pet. i dont want to lose dps on a raid, but then again, i cant disagree with SoE giving them the same properties and weaknesses as my real pets.
  14. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

Thats just it. Lockeye is giving them our real pet's weakness with NONE OF THE ADVANTAGES. Please just turn them into regular 1 minute and 30 second dots. They would be so much better.
  15. ARCHIVED-majin3110 Guest

Ya, that would be great, cuz of course they cant give them the advantages of our real pets. Turning them into DoTs would be great, no doubt about that. Just saying i can't complain about our temp pets being vulnerable to AoEs the way that they are set up in the game right now. They are summoned pets hence they get should get bonked just like other pets.
  16. ARCHIVED-Eyes_of_Truth Guest

They are summoned pets hence they get should get bonked just like other pets [ and recieve the same beneficial help as our other pets ]
    There u go, i fixed your statment to make it factual and logical. If they have the same limitation, they have the same benefits.
    [crazy metaphore time]
    If you take a rock and put it out in the sun, it is for the most part not effected (like are dumbfirepets currently are), but if you turn it into an block of ice and set it outside in the sun, it will likely melt (aka, our dumbfire pets taking AOE damage).
    Now, ice is cold, unlike most rocks. So, since your rock is now ice, you can freeze it , thus the colder you make it the harder it is to melt. (since they are now able to be weakened or killed, then they are controversly able to be strengthened or defended, thus trading the stability of a "rock" for the )
    Message Edited by Eyes_of_Truth on 01-25-200605:40 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

I wish that I stopped at the [crazy metaphore time]. ><
  18. ARCHIVED-Eirgorn Guest

Lol I think we all do Riz :smileywink:
  19. ARCHIVED-majin3110 Guest

My brain hurts now.
    I know some peoples arguments are that the pets cant recieve buffs like normal pets, but then again.. what buff is going to be able to make a temp pet though enough to take a 5k AoE blast? and you cant give the pets that much hp of course. I dont want to argue. I'm just letting folks know my opinion..

[crazy metaphore time]
    You take a Dog (our dumbfire pets)and put it on the sun, they are burnt to nothingness.. Now you put a rock on the sun its going to be okay. Now, if you throw that rock at a Dog, the dog will yelp and run away, BUT if you throw a Dog at a rock, the rock will not yelp and run away... now, is where the Ice comes in.. You put Ice in a blender and you can make a Snowcone, you put different flavorings on the snowcones and it makes them taste different,, i like Red flavor!. Rocks hate snowcones.... wait, where was i going with this?
  20. ARCHIVED-Eirgorn Guest

FINALLY!!!!!!
    Someone posts a metaphor that has real meaning and explains everything perfectly!! Well now that this discussion is closed ...... I like blue flavor :smileyhappy: