Upcoming Necro NERF -- Test Update 19a -- Dumbfire pets back to taking AoE dmg

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Gargamel, Jan 12, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=tup&message.id=100

Test Update #19a: January 11, 2006

*** Spells, Abilities, and Combat Arts ***
    - Dumbfire pets will now receive damage from AoEs that do not explicitly target them.

Meh... I'm glad I still have my /respec, as my Master 2 dogs are going to be [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] near worthless against any heroic or raid mobs...

:smileymad:

Disussion also http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=30&message.id=16301

Lots of arguing over in the Testing Feedback Forum, in case you wanted to stop over and 'represent', I'm sure it would help
    http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board?board.id=testfeed

P.S. I'm betting they put it in, and after 2-3 months they decide to buff dumbfire pet hp as some kind of solution :(

Message Edited by Gargamel on 01-13-200603:07 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Magus` Guest

Why is everyone complaining so much about this change? It's not like this is a huge cut to our DPS...
  3. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

Yes it is magus, my dumbfires put out about 15% of my dps. M2 dogs with M1 stench.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mordaki1 Guest

I must disagree. Parsing out dumbfires on heroic/raid mobs show them doing anywhere from 10-15% of total DPS for us (from my experience). That is a significant amount. If dumbfires die within the first 10 seconds of a fight due to AoE, our DPS takes a significant blow. I personally do not want to have my dumbfires relegated to soloing duty only.
  5. ARCHIVED-Magus` Guest

10% is nothing. Now, if this was 50% or such, that'd be something to whine about.
  6. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

If they allow buffs to hit dumbfires, then it would sort of balance out.. Well timed dumbfires + consumption + other procs would be good. I still think that this is a horrid change.
  7. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

Even if buffs still hit dumbfire pets, it still won't counteract this nerf because the HP on our dumbfire pet is so low...why would they do this?
  8. ARCHIVED-Sir Alex Guest

come on when they nerfed lich 50% some were says well its not that big adeal but it seems that they keep taking and taking and giving little back to compensate, now they want to take another 10% to 15% it all adds up.
  9. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

yeah that is how they screw you. little by little they take away 10% here, another 15% from something else and you end up a mere shadow of what your class used to be. honestly was it unbalancing the way it was? i really don't understand why sony focuses on stupid things like this when there are way more unbalancing things. they take the time to nerf our DPS that wasn't out of line to begin with (they said so themselves that pre-lich nerf we were good) but they still haven't done anything to fix classes like enchanters. gotta love the priorities.

i do have to say though if they made consumption work for dumbfires that would more than make up for this nerf. prolly be a bit much but then again it could also make up for the lich nerf a little too which they never did like they promised.
  10. ARCHIVED-Nibblar Guest

/bingo
    it keeps coming
  11. ARCHIVED-Elikai Guest

Plain stupid, Its just a DOT with some nice graphics. So why not make ALL classes offensive DOT's break on AOE... Do it to the Warlocks DOT's, to the Defilers DOT's, great idea! :smileyindifferent:
  12. ARCHIVED-Mordaki1 Guest

No, 10% is not nothing. 10-15% is 10-15%.
    "You attempt to use a hypothetical worst-case scenario to minimize the current point of contention, but miss!"
  13. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

If you dont think swarm pets are a major source of our DPS then you just dont use them.
    I know you are conj and not a necro, so I cant talk about how it will affect you all, but necros do not have damage shields or pet/PC proc buffs for damage either.
    To necros, this is a major DPS nerf on raids.
  14. ARCHIVED-Xebarsis Guest

Hehe...why don't you go ask Paladins how the 12% nerf to Amends affected them....

Saying 10% is nothing is like saying a tank in full T6 Raid-Fabled is only slightly better than one in T6 crafted...since hey, the mit numbers are only about 12-14% apart.

I've never seen one that posts so much, yet knows so little. You'd think eventually osmosis would have some effect...
  15. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

No he is not that ignorant...he just likes to troll.
  16. ARCHIVED-Eirgorn Guest

Bored on a Friday at work so I decided to throw some numbers out there. I know these wont be typical for everyone's playstyle - but here is a graph of my dps from a raid the other night. It was SoTL and Tremblar - so alot of green x4s, but also alot of AEs that would kill the dumbfire pets post LU19. Alot of the mobs in there also have several immunities which lowers DPS on certain fights, but overall I think it is accurate enough.
    As for how I play - I usually debuff right off, then send dumbfires then go into my cast chains, refreshing dumbfires as soon as the recast timer is back up. I feel the dumbfires are a huge portion of our damage if used properly and consistently.
    Here is the breakdown of the damage I did in percentages (42 min of fighting)

[IMG]
    As you can see 30% of my damage is from my pets (nightshade and GT) and 24% is from the dumbfires. Together these make up over half of my DPS and are about to both be killable by AEs. I dont mind jousting if need be, but I would like the cast/recast timers to allow this to be efficient. As it stands now, on a normal epic with a 30s AE timer and 45s recasts on the dumbfires I will loose the dumbfire damage pretty much every other cycle. EX:
    TIME 0 - AE HITS after pull
    SEND DUMBFIRES
    TIME 30 AE HITS killing dumbfires
    TIME 45 recast time up on dumbfires - but if you cast them they will only get in 10 s of fighting before next AE and that will restart the timer - best to wait till next AE goes off
    TIME 60 AE
    Resend dumbfires ..... repeat

See we now miss 1/2 of the time our dogs are out (30s out of every min compared to non stop like they are now) and 1/4 of our stench damage (currently up 30/45s will be up 30s/min) Thats a 5.5% decrease in my DPS on the dogs and 3.25% DPS decrease in my stench for an overall nerf of almost 9%.
    Here is a chart of my actual damage from that night's raids to show the sample size:

[IMG]
  17. ARCHIVED-Crylon Guest

personally i like playing a necro, i don't give a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] how much damage i do, i just like playing one... when they sucked.. i played a necro, and if they get nerfed so badly that they suck again, i'll play a necro still and be happy knowing that all the peeps that rerolled just because necros were made uber will quit to reroll again and i'll be special... :D

be happy with what you have and play the game... :D
  18. ARCHIVED-NUKER 101 Guest

we were broken for so long before the great fix.... and ever since slow but sure there makin us less and less... it's just another bs thing... there'll be more nerfs i figure tell were back to worthless like in the old days... my necro was fun after the great fix.. why break him again? lemme guess to make it funner for all? whatver.. total bs.. with more otw i think... untill we quit playing to cost um money this is how itll be.. enjoy your class now.. cause more nerfs otw
  19. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

I've already written a PM to Lockeye. I urge others to write out thoughtful petitions to him as well commenting on our multiple nerfs since DoF and broken promises about DoTs being upgraded. Perhaps we will eventually get some sort of repsonse, or atleast some reasoning as to this change.

I get the same kind of numbers for dumbifre pets that Nimmh does, and as per his calculations we're getting a minimum of 9% dps nerf. On top of our previous ~10% dps nerf from lich. I played for months as a broken Necro pre DoF and I really do not wish to return there.
  20. ARCHIVED-Zaphiel Guest

Hehe I wonder what will happen to us now. Seems our nukes' and dots' resist checks were stealth nerfed since I can barely land any on the mobs in GoAA even with master 1s and +disruption buffs, unlike before. I am mostly relying on our main and dumbfire pets to do the damage because of that and now with this nerf we probably be sitting ducks like the sorcerers if we encounter any raid mobs with high resists that aoes frequently.