Unacceptable , Please fix....finding completed pony quest.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Cloudrat, Jan 24, 2014.

1. suka Well-Known Member

of course you can exclude them. you have three different areas for harvesting- 1 - 60, 60 - 95, and holiday. simply don't bother to choose holiday
  2. suka Well-Known Member

what bothers me is the assumption that only 1% of the population does tradeskills or is affected by this. Most of us do tradeskills, most tradeskillers have their ponies, and most of us do more than one tradeskill. to say this doesn't affect you or apply to you is one thing - and in that case it doesn't concern you. to state that we who tradeskill are trivial and therefore deserve no merit or attention is elitist and wrong. Yeah i know that all of my toons who have their ponies are finished and that the three who don't have theirs yet will finish the questline completely, but if this is a concern to even a few people, then they deserve to get their concerns addressed the same as anyone else,
    Cloudrat likes this.
  3. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Document everything, have my alpha testing notes for EQ1 and my Senior Guide notebooks, and a lot of other documentation, come natural for the work I do
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

It's a reference to Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi. Specifically, it refers to the scene where Emperor Palpatine is speaking to Luke Skywalker and says something to the effect* of, "Now, witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station!"

I'm going to check when I log on later, but there might be a workaround for the pony. I'm going to see if a macro can be set for that skill. If so, a person can change the appearance of the button manually whenever they upgrade the pony. If not, we are no worse off than where we currently stand.

* I may have jumbled a few words. It has been years since I've seen that movie. In fact, I think the last time was when GL enhanced that movie the most recent time (when he changed the force ghosts out with the younger actors instead of the actors that originally portrayed the elder Obi Wan Kenobi and the adult Anakin Skywalker). And by enhanced, I mean made worse. o_O
    suka likes this.
  5. Rotherian Well-Known Member

The tacit assumption isn't that less than 1% tradeskill. The assumption seems to be that less than 1% of players have so many tradeskillers that they are completely incapable of performing some sort of tracking (whether by spreadsheet or by some other method) in order to know which characters have completed the pony upgrade.

Whether or not that assumption is fair is a matter which is open for debate, but it is a completely different assumption than you appear to believe it to be.
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

At any rate, it's great to see confirmation that the pony will be updated.
    suka likes this.
  7. Alenna Well-Known Member

Simple don't pick that option to have the pony go out for holiday harvestibles when you send him out.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

you know, there is another reason to do the qho quest. with the upgrade, the pony brings back more rares than the goblin does.
  9. Rhyashaa Member

I agree. As someone with 10 level 95 crafters and the ability to only play about one weekend a month* I lose track of who has done what. And not knowing I had already completed the pack pony line already had me running in circles on one char for a while the other day before I realized it.

The icons for Call to Home and Call to Guild Hall were changed so that they didn't look the same, why not the pack pony? Or as mentioned, change the tooltip to say something like "Journeyman" (as opposed to Apprentice, to be in line with actual spells as well as leaving wiggle room for 2 or 3 more pony upgrades in the future; Expert, Master, Grandmaster).

* For example, when I first logged on this month to check who had done the quest, the first char I chose that I figured had summoned her pony and received her Frostfell harvests she asked for right after upgrading her pony. Yeah... Frostfell. That's how often I get to play. I think I've done the quest on only two of my chars, out of ten, so far. Possibly three. Again, I can't remember. This is why providing some sort of visual cue is important.
  10. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Since they have yet to do anything with this since the thread first started, I would recommend the use of a simple spreadsheet to track everything for your crafters. It really helps, no matter how often you play.
    Rhyashaa likes this.
  11. Rhyashaa Member

Oops, I didn't realize this was from February when I responded to it. I don't remember now how I even stumbled across it. At least it was mentioned that they do plan to do something in the future to ease the problem.

I guess I will have to switch to a spreadsheet. Currently I just maintain a Notepad file with a list of all chars, class/ts class, race, server, and guild affiliation.

12. beagley Well-Known Member

The completed quests tab of your Quest log is also your friend:p
    Livejazz, Finora and Spindle like this.
  13. Rhyashaa Member

At the time I couldn't remember the name of the quest. Someone has pointed out in this thread that it is "Gathering Obsession: Beyond the Grave" (not exact wording but narrows it down). Hopefully it is under completed Tradeskill quests and not some obscure heading so I don't have to search through 2.5k quests looking for it.
  14. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Yes, just check your journal > completed > tradeskill > and scroll down to level 95, you'll see: "Gathering Obsession Beyond the Grave" if you have completed the upgraded pony questline.
    Finora and Rhyashaa like this.
  15. Finora Well-Known Member

If you have enough characters to get confused about who has done what, it really is best to make a spreadsheet so you can see quickly who has what. It's certainly a necessity for me =).

Tick off who has which apprentice recipes, which major quests done or whatever you feel you want to keep up with about those characters. I've always been one for lists and such though.
    Unayan, Alenna and Kuulei like this.
  16. Grouse Active Member

Just a note on why I think there needs to be a visible indication of some sort. I completed the quest, expecting to receive a scroll or some such. Nothing, other than the text in the window ... and not festival with its own harvesting item. After a couple of harvests without any specials, I started to get nervous. I was on the verge of /bugging the quest for not delivering, when after a week of monitoring I received my first special item.

That is just wrong. Add to the check for completion the quest, a check to update the descriptive name on the icon.
  17. Morfydd Active Member

Yes, there are ways to check it. It should be obvious. It would have been simple to make it obvious. This is simply sloppy programming/design.