Unacceptable , Please fix....finding completed pony quest.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Cloudrat, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

But you don't keep the original pony; he gets upgraded. Same as any spell upgrade it has the same icon, to me it's like you go from apprentice pony I to master pony I. There aren't five different ponies that get different things, just one and his upgrade.

Now perhaps putting a mouse over his icon like other spells get listing the spell level could be something to look into?
    Cloudrat, Deveryn and Anghammarad like this.
  2. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Yes, Of course that is something and been there and asked that, which would be the least expected:)
    [IMG]
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

When you complete the quest, the scroll rewarded in the quest and auto-scribed says;
    "Artisan's Fully Trained Pack Pony"
    Is there any way for the team to update it in our knowledge book and tool-tip to that?
    Alenna and Cloudrat like this.
  4. Cisteros Active Member

Hmmm I'm only about halfway through the new expansion's Qho quest. So the new reward replaces the old? Is it possible to exclude seasonal harvests from the new reward? I have no desire/use for them. If not then I can save myself some time and Qho hate
  5. Sambril Well-Known Member

Yes at the very least the ability name should reflect that you have the upgraded pony and an icon change and/or new texture for the pony would be a nice bonus. IIRC I posted about that when it came out. But I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it. I have completed it on all my current level 95 crafters and will fold it in to the list of tasks to do when I make a new one (I tend to to all the tradeskill quests on every crafter), and will just enjoy the occasional rare and use it for event harvests as needed.

You don't have to collect event harvests if you don't want to. During an event which has harvests there will be an extra option on the top level of the upgraded pony. If you select that you the pony will return event harvests instead of regular ones or you can just select a regular tier as normal.
    Cloudrat and Cisteros like this.
  6. Prrasha Well-Known Member

I'm sure there is.

Is it worth spending dev time on that change, versus other actual bugs or more-useful fixes? Unlikely.
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I think its an actual bug. If there is no holiday event active, then there is no option on the pony to collect holiday ingredients.
    Currently, that is the only way to differentiate the upgraded version with the former. So yes, I believe it is a "bug" when you complete the questline and the reward window shows you are receiving a scroll of an "Artisan's Fully Trained Pack Pony" and you expect to see that in your knowledge book and / or tool tip after it auto-scribes, but there is no name change and it leads crafters to believe the quest "robbed" them of their upgrade!
    I have seen many crafters asking why they didn't get their new pony in the crafting channel after completing this quest-line. You receive no update in your chat or log and of course when you look at the pony currently summoned, if there is no holiday active, it gives no indication its a "Fully Trained" pack pony.

Imagine having to find other means other than mousing over the icon or spell gem of say your current spells and combat arts and NOT know if they are apprentice, expert or master. The crafting community feels there should be SOME indication on the icon in the knowledge book and tool-tip that it is what we worked for, "Artisan's Fully Trained Pack Pony" as the auto-scribe scroll indicated in the reward window!
    Cloudrat and Mermut like this.
  8. Prrasha Well-Known Member

If there were issues with the skill (it didn't always apply, you didn't always actually get it for completing the questline), I'd agree. But the pony is one of the few things in EQ2 that "just works". Once you do the quest, you've got it. It always works. I've never heard of anyone with a bugged upgraded pony.

And yes, back at ToV launch I saw a few people asking about it in-channel. I haven't seen that since well before frostfell, though, and haven't seen it once since frostfell. Spending dev time on something that affects <1% of the population--who can be set straight with a bit of testing on their own, or with one question in-channel, or with one search on the forums here--seems like a questionable time-management decision.

I mean, we haven't had a dev response to anything in the TS forum since December 30th, and that was a "working as intended". The last time Caith said anything about a fix was back on December 16th (about this quest, as it turns out). If that's the kind of coverage we're getting, we're not going to be getting fixes for cosmetic issues with known solutions... I'd love it if the game were perfect, too, but if we're getting dev attention every 2 months, I'd rather it be for something more significant than this.
    Deveryn and Avahlynn like this.
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I am just posting the obvious, that there is no indication that you've competed your pony questline without digging through completed quests in your journal.
    Its not often I agree with Cloudrat or others on what some would consider a 'cosmetic' issue.
    Some players have multiple crafters across several servers and realms. Unless one has a spreadsheet as to who has completed what, you can get "lost" as who has completed the questline without having to browse through your completed quest journal.

I say its a bug and it would be nice to see it fixed.
    You say since it affects a small population of players and its not worthy of fixing. Until I see SOE under your name, when you state that, I will continue to post what I think is a bug :p
    Alenna, suka, Bregdania and 2 others like this.
  10. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

I think there are several items that are counter-intuitive atm in regards to crafting and adventuring, and hope the team does have time to tackle this and other items.
    suka, Cloudrat and Kuulei like this.
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

We had a fairly lengthy discussion during beta about the pony and getting some indicator that an upgrade took place. The scroll reward was all we got. Brewday was active during testing, so we knew it was successfully upgraded. Maybe that's the best they can do without causing some kind of issue.
  12. DreadRoberts Active Member

If, while they were at it, they changed this to Artisan's Fully Trained and Operational Pack Pony I would perform the Nerd Dance of Glee.
    Deveryn likes this.
  13. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It would be amusing, but they would be repeating the joke. There's already a reference in Erudin Research Halls.
  14. Caith Developer

Actually, that's the issue. The way the pony works is that this IS the exact same spell/pony with a flag that checks to see if you have completed the upgrade quest. This is on my my list to change in the future, however it's not on any immediate schedules.
  15. DreadRoberts Active Member

That's too bad. The "pony" part makes the gag.
  16. Mae- Well-Known Member

Guess I miss the joke on this one...
  17. suka Well-Known Member

lol you would do harm to an aggravating little kid??? shocking
  18. suka Well-Known Member

wow and i thought i put too much work in it for a game. that's a lot of work
  19. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Same here.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

problem with that theory is that the obol anchor has absolutely nothing to do with the pony quest. a lot of my toons have it who don't even have their pack ponies yet. you only have to be 95 in tradeskill to get it.

a better way is to look up the quest, a gathering obsession: beyond the grave. If you did it, then you have your pony.