Unable to launch patcher

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Tharskus, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Tharskus New Member

I was playing yesterday and crashed and when I tried to log back in my launchpad would not start it keeps giving me the message "Launchpad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit https://help.daybreakgames.com for assistance. (1-0).

Now I've searched the forums and tried everything I could find to resolve this issue, I've deleted the launchpad cache and made sure TLS 1.0 was checked, and unchecked the certificates but this issue is still lingering. Ive even tried re-installing the launchpad and still get the same issue. I can bypass the launcher by going into my everquest 2 folder and running the exe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I've been having random crashes to desktop while in game.
  2. Tabbyclouds Member

I am also having this problem. No crashes and it was fine when playing after patch last night (I am UK based) But this morning when trying to log in, I had the same message as above and going into EQ2 folder and running exe it just hangs. So no log in at all for me :(
  3. Khandy New Member

I am having the exact same issue :(
  4. Feylone Active Member

Ditto. My wife had it yesterday after the patch, now I'm getting it this morning. Not a good thing.
  5. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

6. Feylone Active Member

Except neither of those address the error we are getting. Unless I missed it somewhere in all those pages.
    Feldon and Khandy like this.
  7. Khandy New Member

I saw nothing in there for this specific problem. Also, i get an error just clicking the link on the patcher for help.
    Feylone likes this.
  8. Tabbyclouds Member

My daughter who is still on Windows 7 has not got any problem, so wonder if it's a problem with my windows 10. Have tried re installing and launchpad still not working :(
  9. Zephyr New Member

Also having this issue. "LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, Please visit https://help.daybreakgames.com for assistance. (1-0)" Checked firewall, virus software, reset router among others and nothing is working. Also clicking the link sends me to a new error message unless I retype it in a new window. As a first time player to this game (1st month) this doesn't bode well for me continuing on a long term basis.
  10. Tabbyclouds Member

I have opened a support ticket. After choosing connectivity issue I had to provide information on provider, pc etc and am now waiting for a reply.
  11. Tabbyclouds Member

Have just been reading over on twitter and people seem to wait 3-5 days for support ticket replies :(
  12. Deeku Member

It is a bug on DB side, I have 3 installations of EQ2 on my HD, one bugged out and could not connect while the another on the same computer worked fine for hours - untill the game crashed and then that installation also was unable to connect. Now the 3rd one in another computer still works. For how long, no idea.
  13. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

I had this same issue this A.M. on one of my two PC's, one connected, the other would not.
    it is an issue with the LaunchPad.ini file.

the following is all that should be in the .ini file to fix the "can not connect" error in the Launcher:

[Settings]
    appName=EverQuest II
    id=eq2
    width=917
    height=700
    Prissetta likes this.
  14. Zephyr New Member

Just checked. No problem with the ini file. Says everything you stated
  15. Tharskus New Member

No word from devs on this?
  16. Sclerotia Member

Im having the exact same issue. Re-installed the launcher and it works the first time then once it logs in it crashes and I am back to the cant connect.
  17. Luciar Active Member

18. Deeku Member

I really get the feeling they are doing this on purpose. First the zoning issue in SP and now this crap.
  19. Tabbyclouds Member

Mine won't start direct from exe either though. Are all of you having trouble on Windows 10? My daughter is on same router etc and is working fine and she is still on Windows 7.
  20. Tharskus New Member

My problems are taking place on Windows 7.