Correcting a black Launchpad Window

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Caith, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Caith Developer

If you run into the issue where your launchpad window is pure black, please try the following.

Open Control Panel > Internet Options
    Click on the advanced tab on the far right
    Scroll down to Security Settings
    Check Do Not save encrypted pages to disk
    Make sure Use TLS 1.0 is checked
    Moonpanther likes this.
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Additionally, assure the file LaunchPad.ini in the EverQuest II directory has ONLY the following within it:

[Settings]
    appName=EverQuest II
    id=eq2
    width=917
    height=700

this will resolve the "can not connect" or black window of the Launcher, as it did for me this a.m.
  3. trixster Active Member

There is a popup window behind it you cant see a lot of the time. ALT-Enter, alt-tab get it to come up and accept it was the run as admin window for me.
  4. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

the LaunchPad.exe does not need administrative privileges to run.
    {shrug}
    can still run everquest2.exe directly too,...
  5. Deeku Member

DB broke my game before it was patched to the newest version so I cant run everquest2.exe.

edit: my 2nd installation still works with everquest2.exe, I guess I managed to run it after previous patch.
  6. Amoon Member

so no fix for this after days of issues? DAYBREAK, you broke my game, after 11 years of this game i am really thinking of quitting. i dont have time in my day to try and fix this MF'n thing ( it's been 2 days already)....
  7. Deeku Member

I have to wonder why the people in DB are implementing 'updates' that clearly have not been tested and why they are too arrogant to admit they were wrong and revert back to the working version.
    Amoon likes this.
  8. Amoon Member

this is from hours of work trying to get the game (launcher) to work , to only end in frustration
  9. Amoon Member

yes i was wonder this also