Ugh! My new warg is making me sick!

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Galldora, Apr 26, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Gomora_Toad Guest

Chayna wrote:
    Yeah, I'm actually second guessing myself now... Someone else told me their warg is still bouncing but not as much as it used to, so I'm wondering if the camera was changed, and I'm just so sensitive to it that even the tiny bounce or the warg animation itself is affecting me. Does the bouncing seem better to anyone else who was bothered by it before?

And I do wish they'd add a toggle for fae wing animations as well. Even though it never bothered me (surprisingly), obviously I know how badly stuff like that can affect someone.

edit: blah, just tested my warg again to be sure, and it still seems super bouncy to me in first and third person
  2. ARCHIVED-valkry Guest

Am I the only one who has trouble with giving equal weight to the arguements of people who want to keep the animation because they "like it"?
    People are expressing a legitimate complaint that the camera motion causes literal physical problems for them, not "I don't like this color of warg," but "I'm getting sea-sick from the game." Sorry but don't we have any empathy for each other? This is the second thread I read today where a person is saying gameplay makes them sick, and people give them grief for it. Maybe it is naive of me, but I'd like to think that if I had a physical problem playing the game, people would want SoE to fix it. Yeah, they can work around it (not buy wargs, not play quests), but should they HAVE to?
    I'm honestly also surprised these two effect made it through development. I guess I had assumed that after the issues a few years back with the game induced seizures, that gaming companies were taking steps to ensure people were not physically harmed by games.
  3. ARCHIVED-Winter12345 Guest

Well they've updated it now so that when you are riding a warg it doesnt feel like you are bobbing up and down anymore.
    At least you wont get sick now
  4. ARCHIVED-alexisxo Guest

Lorekaisen@Nagafen wrote:
    I think thats only rhinos ;)
  5. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Uros@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I saw this in the GU46 notes: Rhino mounts no longer cause the camera to bob up and down.
    Have you tried your rhino since that update? I have the same problem when I'm swimming. Too much bobbing going on.
    Another place the bobbing is bothersome is when you are talking to a NPC on a dock. The dock wobbles and the text jumps all over the place.
  6. ARCHIVED-Sylvana Guest

Luckily, i dont get motion sickness from the wargs or rhinos.

But for the people who do, there should be an option under Options -> Controls -> View , to have ALL vertical and horizontal camera movement cease completely in first person and third person view, as i realise this can be a serious problem for a few players, and not being able to ride the mount you want because you get motion sick from the camera bobbing is not very good if you ask me.
  7. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Since the motion is something that helps 'immersion' for some and so many seem to be on both sides, maybe the devs can figure out a way to have the toggle for it like for rendering combat in first person (you see your arms & weapons & stuff flying in front of your face).
    That would satisfy everyone I'd think.