Ugh! My new warg is making me sick!

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Galldora, Apr 26, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

Just got my new warg mount, and I sure wish I could have taken a test-drive before I plunked down nearly 5 plat for him. When he runs, he has a rocking back and forth motion that makes everything on the screen seem to move. I find it annoying and mildly nauseating, so after riding him for about 2 minutes he went into my bag and out came my trusty flying Maj'Dul. Does anyone else find riding the warg to be too unpleasant to deal with?
  2. ARCHIVED-Bawang Guest

Actually, these are equivalent to the Drogmors in EQ1. And I specifically checked my Warg to see if it was as bad as my old Drogmor. It isn't by a long shot. If you think these make you sick the Drogmor would have had you puking just going 5 yards.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lortet Guest

[p]They are even bulkier than a lot of horses when standing in the bank as well.[/p][p]I hope all the new owners are being supplied pooper scoopers to go with them[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Gomora_Toad Guest

Having issues with the warg here, too. I get motion sick very easily and all that rapid camera movement is brutal. I understand wargs are supposed to be bouncier than horses and carpets, and the run animation looks great, but I can't admire it for too long or my head starts to spin. If the camera bouncing could be toned down it would be greatly appreciated.
  5. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

Geez, thanks for the warning! If I ever run into a Drogmor, I'll be sure not to plunk down 5 plat for him! ;)
  6. ARCHIVED-doctorbow Guest

Aye, I think that is a very valid point. Personally, I don't mind the animation/rocking, and I think the wargs are great. But, if it's causing RL health issues (Motion sickness can be pretty bad, just make ya feel icky), I think it should be something to look into, possibly a toggle so that in third person the camera doesn't rock like it would in first person?
  7. ARCHIVED-MadTexan3 Guest

If you think you have it bad with a warg, try being a barbarian SK on the 'miniature' Unholy Steeds they get and then add the indignity of the riding animation which when viewed from the back looks like you are pleasuring yourself with both hands.
  8. ARCHIVED-MadTexan3 Guest

[p]EDIT: Forums being funny, sorry for the double post.[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Try 9000 :) Of course EQ1 has a different monetary conversion system. So 1 plat there isn't nearly as much as it is here.
  10. ARCHIVED-Adrynyn Guest

Yes, I went back to my horse briefly and noticed that when the horse bounces, the screen doesn't really seem to. Not so with the warg...when it bounces, you "feel" the full effect. Does get a little sickening after a while, and I'm not even prone to motion sickness. If that doesn't make you ill, take a good close up look at it's face as it drools saliva and snot for a bit and that will do it for you (I noticed little drops of spittle fly about as I was bounding across the plains as well). On a side note, my warg also makes me air sick...thanks to auto-sizing mounts for your character, my max size ogre has a mount the size of an elephant, and the vantage point for me is a little nauseating. I'm not kidding...see pic below... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/majik_monkee/dengarr2.jpg :p
  11. ARCHIVED-MadTexan3 Guest

Bugger, if they can auto-scale the warg for an ogre why can't they auto-scale the unholy steed for my barbarian?
  12. ARCHIVED-Laoch69 Guest

[p]I absolutely love the Warg.[/p][p]But for someone who harvests a lot, the up and down motion, is very, very annoying.[/p][p]Not quite enough to give up the Warg (almost), but I sure hope that SOE dampens the see-sawing a little bit in the near future, or I may have to go back to a Nightmare :\[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Etchii Guest

[p]I thought it was just me![/p][p] [/p][p]I do love it tho, just eat dramamine like candy and you'll be fine =P[/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

How does this affect 3rd-person views? Do those bounce too, or are they level?
  15. ARCHIVED-Adrynyn Guest

Yes, that is the odd thing. I don't notice any screen bounce with the horse in 3rd person, but with the warg the screen seems to bob up and down even from an external view. I use mine to get around for harvesting as well, and spotting the nodes when you're close to them can be a little hard from ten feet up in the air. As a really slow zerker, I totally appreciate the speed bonus, tho I do with there was a /hide mount that would allow you the speed bonus but have you on foot still. Y'know...for after the first couple hours when you can't take the bobbing anymore. There's a steed that doesn't resize? :p Haven't seen that one, but I can imagine what it must look like with a barbarian. I know the wargs resize, but I still can't quite figure out why mine resizes so BIG...they look smaller in proportion to a lot of other races...my carpet is big enough to fill your average living room though so I'm not too surprised... My ranger has a Steppes Pony that goes 46% (thanks to AA boosted Pathfinding), so he's not going to be purchasing a warg any time soon...not a lot of bouncing with the pony...
  16. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

[p] You think that is bad. [/p][p]Look at the guard in my guild that is bolstered and using a god spell.[/p][p][IMG][/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-Raidi Sovin'faile Guest

[p]I can't believe there's folks complaining about a properly scaled mount.. you really can't please everyone.[/p][p] [/p][p]As for the motion, I hope it stays. I love it![/p][p]I actually feel like I'm on some kind of mount, it's immersive. And if it will help make it so you don't see the Warg out on 95% of folks (like the carpet was) then all's the better.[/p][p]If they decide to change it, then I hope they at least make it a toggle.. because I enjoy the motion, it makes sense to me.[/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Kaku99 Guest

Can you sell the Warg back for what you paid for it?
  19. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

You can sell the warg back for about 3p,40g, as I recall, so you take about a plat and a half hit. From the answers, there are some people who like the wargs just as they are, and wouldn't want to see them change. That's fine with me, I'm not forced to ride one and my carpet (as tired as I was getting of riding it) is faster than the warg and it doesn't make me feel like ralphing. But if you don't like the idea of your graphics jumping around on the screen in a wavy up and down motion, I would advise you to not buy the warg. [IMG]
  20. ARCHIVED-MadTexan3 Guest

[p] My barbarian SK's fun spell Unholy Steed looks anemic and ready to break under the mass of all that vanguard plate.[/p][p]For it to look like it could actually bear someone of a barbarian's size it needs to be beefed up 30-40%, particularly the legs.[/p]