Ugh! My new warg is making me sick!

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Galldora, Apr 26, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-shadowgate Guest

Yes, without a doubt this beastie makes me seasick! I posted this elsewhere but I can't ride it more than a few minutes before having to switch to my horse or carpet. Love the look but the "ride" could use some work! :p Now I totally understand why they made it this way but this is instance of "to real". :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Grumble69 Guest

I know this is an old thread, but please tell me they put in a /warg_bounce off command since the last replies. If not, I'm going to have to sell this beast and take the hit in the purse. /barf
  3. ARCHIVED-keLston Guest

Wow. Good thing I got lucky with the carpet card instead of a warg card. I'm prone to motion sickness and this would kill me.
  4. ARCHIVED-PhreakeVE Guest

You think the Warg is bad. Don't even THINK about buying a Rhino from Rilliss. I dropped about 14p on one and they ride like CRAP. They throw you all over the place, I ended up taking a hit of about 3p and selling it back so I could buy a Mist horse. They seriously need to change the rhino mount and how it rides. Could be different for the other types of Rhino's...
  5. ARCHIVED-Shazzie Guest

I don't really like ANY of the mounts.

I hate big mounts, so the rhino is out.
    I despise with utter disgust the drool of the warg, so I kept hoping they'd release a drool-less version, or a muzzle, or something...and then I read this, and find out about the motion sickness. I get motion sick very easy, so the warg is out. I'm glad you made this post.
    Any time I see a carpet my first reaction is "<bleep bleepity bleeping> farmer" from countless rude interactions in DoF, so I can't bring myself to use mine, because I just can't break that mental connection.
    And the horses... I miss my Clydesdale. The too-skinny disproportionate incorrectly animated horses bug me, but they bug me the least, so when I need that extra 4% speed I use the horse. (With JBoots, Pathfinding, and various speed boosts I get 36%, and my horse is 40%. It used to be my Clydesdale, and since I'm not impressed with the horses, I've never upgraded to a faster one. Needless to say, I don't use any mount very much anymore. My new up-and-coming Arasai Inq won't have my Swash's speed boosts, though, so I guess she'll have to have a horse.)
  6. ARCHIVED-Roux11 Guest

I think we have all had enough of people with weak constitutions posting about how the warg makes me sick, the fae wings make me sick, the rhino makes me sick, logging in makes me sick, logging out makes me sick, standing still makes me sick, color of the grass makes me sick, the movement of the moon makes me sick, etc etc etc.
    Take a guess what makes me sick...
  7. ARCHIVED-Katsi Guest

Tsubaki@Mistmoore wrote:
    Gee, if posts like these make you sick... why are you reading them?

- Katsi
  8. ARCHIVED-alexisxo Guest

Tsubaki@Mistmoore wrote:
    Hah, I agree.
  9. ARCHIVED-bypeep Guest

LOL yes, I didn't like the wobbling view while riding my Warg either, and even though they are a great looking mount, I switched back to my horsey.
  10. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

I did not like the worg animation and/or movement, Guess what i sold it back and bought a rhino. I actually love the rhino look and animation for my class (troll)(sometimes gnome illusion). I absolutely love the rhino animation, but plenty of people dislike that animation.
    The game doesn't need to revolve around my tastes, i did not come cry on the boards how i hate the worg animation and for them to change it. The world does not revolve around me. There are multiple different mounts in this game play with the one you prefer. I would be pissed if due to everyone complaining how they dont like this animation or that animation if every mount, including my rhino got the same generic moonwalking animation the horses get.
    Variety is the spice of life, don't mess with my spice.
  11. ARCHIVED-Hamervelder Guest

Galldora wrote:
    I had pretty much the same problem. For some reason, the wargs and the rhino animations make me very dizzy. I can't use either one.
  12. ARCHIVED-Sapphirius Guest

Out of all of my characters, only 3 do not have speed enhancements that are as fast or faster than mounts... Erm.. Well, 4 of them, but one of those four (my warlock) is so close to mount speed that I haven't bothered. So far, my bruiser is the only one to have a mount because the other two aren't played enough to justify the hassle of questing or the expense of buying.
    I bought the warg for my bruiser, and the motion sickness/dizziness that you're describing? Yeah, I felt it too. Going into first person made it worse, so I stayed in 3rd. I will say that it took me approximately 2 weeks to get used to the motion, and then I was fine. I have not bought a rhino, nor do I intend to. Well, I have considered a rhino for one of my characters, but she's already running at 45% speed both in and out of combat and doesn't really need a mount as 45% is as fast as all but the most expensive mounts (war-barded & rhinos).
  13. ARCHIVED-fmarz Guest

just go into 3rd person, its not that bad, seriously....
  14. ARCHIVED-Sapphirius Guest

fmarz wrote:
    I think the OP is in 3rd person, and yes, for some people it is that bad.
  15. ARCHIVED-Chayna Guest

I kind of like the animation for riding my warg. Though I feel like my girls should be grunting more than the warg.
  16. ARCHIVED-Gomora_Toad Guest

Bringing up an older thread because I thought it'd be better than making yet another one about this subject.

I saw the bit in the GU46 patch notes about rhino mounts no longer causing the camera to bob. I though perhaps the same change had been made for wargs and just forgotten in the patch notes, but I logged on briefly to test one, and it still bounces the camera around. Can we please get the same fix/change for warg mounts? Or at least some sort of response, like "yes we're working on it for a future update," or "no, you motion sickness-prone warg enthusiasts are screwed."
  17. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Gomora_Toad wrote:
    It would be a good idea, if you have not done it already to /feedback this, as it is another avenue to get dev attention. While I am not one prone to motion sickness, I know for those that are this is extremely unconformable and at the very least the camra bob should be able to be turned off.
  18. ARCHIVED-Brook Guest

I think it should be an option, I also agree with Chayna about the grunting.
    Can we please have the grunting option too?
  19. ARCHIVED-Chayna Guest

Brook wrote:
    lol

Just don't take out the bouncy ride... Though I just checked in first person and in 3rd person... There is no camera wobble or bounce. The only movement is the character so I'm not sure where people are getting motion sickness.
  20. ARCHIVED-Brook Guest

The bouncy ride has never bothered me but I do think is a cool idea about the grunting, would help tons on the immersion aspect. In fact I think that when the warg jumps the landing should have one of the sounds a player takes when being hit.
    As for the motion bothering some, yea, they need to fix that. I know someone who quit the game when the Fae came out because the wing movement made them sick. Would probably be asking to much to clip the wings off the fairies.