Tradeskill apprentices useless now?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Alexic, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I don't think this expac will get anything for apprentices as some of the recipes are still currently needed.
    I understand you don't care to, but just in case you decide to or others want to, here is what I find useful for multiple crafters:
    1. This may seem time-consuming, but will make it easier once set up!
    2. Pick a home to be your crafting house for all your crafters.
    3. If you have more than one account you craft with, make sure that those not on the chosen crafting-house account, are added as Trustee's.
    4. Have all the crafters move their apprentices to the new craft home and when they place them, have them name the apprentice with the crafter's name, for example my tailor's apprentice is named: Apprentice of Tailor Stichen. That way they are easily identifiable.
    5. Place harvest and fuel depot(s) as well as your crafting devices. Don't forget other items to make using a single home practical, such as marketboard, Door to Guild Hall, transportation paintings or click-items.
    6. Lastly publish the home AFTER everything is placed and any decorating you want. This way you can also use the ratings tab in the /house UI to hop quickly to your craft house!
    Deveryn, suka and Ruckus like this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Which ones? You can buy the war rune (square purple adorn) recipes for far seas tokens and the ammo isn't as good as the imbued stuff from the ToT token merchant.
  3. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I've done this exactly. My little guild that I have for my 7 crafters does not have a guild hall. I have 8 othmirs living in my LoN New Halas house, and if I NEED to run them to a bank, they can hit the Mara snake chick portal or hit the Maldura city portal that I just got from the blue shiny overland Thalumbra collections. All my alt houses channel through here, and it works great for me and I have ZERO need for a guild hall for my alts.
  4. Kuulei Well-Known Member

The war runes are still "current" and some may wish to research than scribe the recipes, some still need to research the grandmaster recipes.
    It's already been confirmed they were NOT adding recipes to the apprentices for ToT.
    Let's just hope that the "uproar" of nothing new to research will get the attention of the dev's and they will make sure to include something for research in future expansions.

It will be hard to encourage new or returning players to spend DB Cash to purchase the ability to hire an apprentice without something available for current / future content.
    Nockturnal likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

The grandmaster books drop as well. Unfortunately no recipes that can be researched are either 'best' or the only way to get the recipes.
    I've stopped poking my apprentices myself. Even the progress potions aren't of much use since there's little point to writting when it doesn't help level guilds.
    Kuulei likes this.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

i would like to add- i put all of my toons on the house, then saved the list. the reason was simple. the crafters on the same account could not see the house if they approached it from the guild hall housing portal. and with all of my toons doing the harvest quest for the cloak and status, i wanted them to all be able to deposit the harvests
    Nockturnal and Kuulei like this.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

ahh but those potions save me a lot of time when doing the quests in maldura where i get four sets of five each crafting to do. especially when doing them on all of my crafters. that could take all day
  8. Nockturnal Well-Known Member

Something I wanted to add on a personal note about the Tradeskill Apprentices. I have nine main Crafter toons that mean a lot to me. When the Apprentices came out, I like many others put them all in one location for convenience. As more Prestige Houses became available I started purchasing one for each of my Crafters (still working on this). I am very selective because I require an outdoor environment for my crafting. It wasn't long before I started realizing I just did not have enough time to enjoy every one of these Homes. I would get on and play but there would be homes I would not see for many moons. So I started thinking what can I do to change this. Once Depots became available to me I started moving the Tradeskill Apprentices to their owners homes after I built these killer crafting areas. I love logging on and hitting up the Apprentices and seeing and being in these environments I created. I want the Apprentices to stay viable.

An idea I have had is if or when it is deemed that the Tradeskill Apprentices are no longer needed, throw this dog a bone. How about recipes for the Crafters like appearance clothing patterns as an example that can be supplied thru the Apprentices.

I want to close with a low curtsy and a big thank you to the Developing Team that had a hand in the Crafting for EQ2. It is and I believe always will be the very best of all time.
  9. Laiina Well-Known Member

It is only slightly worse ammo, and a whole lot cheaper and easier to get/make.
  10. Laaw Well-Known Member

So many crafters(24, on main acct) cheers to the dev's. some of my crafters have run out research. But I still do it for the potion. I would like to see maybe an additional advanced researcher for 100+ with the option for gear and such since the heroic gear has gotten a boost and I assume the raiders will also. I am also a solo adventurer, The new gear will be needed, and will open opportunities for those of us to take another step forward in the eq2 experience. I know the dev's are busy, but please add this for consideration. :)