Tradeskill apprentices useless now?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Alexic, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yes, marginally better, for status and the new adventure tokens. from the merchant near the ToT quest givers in Outer Maldura.
  2. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

True. But, I'm not wasting my time cycling through research assistant dailies for the small chance to get one to drop. Working through the coin missions and buying them these days is far more efficient.
  3. Laiina Well-Known Member

But there is *SO* much else to buy with the coin. Like ... like.. plushies and house plants. I have enough coin now to buy around 400 plushies... must be a secret plan to get me to buy more expansion slots or houses.
    Shmogre likes this.
  4. Ruckus Well-Known Member

If apprentices are not going to be given any new recipes to research, can you at least please stop them spitting out last expansion's harvested items and just have them give potions instead?
  5. Aivet Well-Known Member

Or at the very least, give us the chance to receive the rare shrub harvestable (stormthorn etc.).
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  6. Melkior Well-Known Member

I would also like it if they updated the quests for current tier mats. (Both the rewards and the recipes themselves) The way I currently do the dailies, I'm always missing the components since my goblins and ponies are always out looking for lvl 100 mats. I know I can put a depot in each house or put all my assistants in a single house with a depot, but it is easier for me just to log in, grab the mats off the goblin, make the daily component, then move on to the next one. I'm sure this is way down on the list of priorities (especially since there are workarounds) but it would make me happy!
    Sigrdrifa and Laaw like this.
  7. Laaw Well-Known Member

tradeskills seem to be a low priority, or a last thought.
  8. Deveryn Well-Known Member

If that's the case then I'd guess you haven't played any recent content. Tradeskills have gotten plenty of love over the last few years. Just because the silly slot machines aren't updated, it doesn't mean we're neglected.
  9. Laaw Well-Known Member

yes they did for this xpac, but they fell behind rather quickly
  10. Laaw Well-Known Member

wow, just took the time to read the entire thread. my mistake, those claiming more than 9 tradeskiller's is somehow an exploit, doesn't understand the amount of work involved. plus I have 25 adventure toons all are lvl 100 TS. I believe this is playing the full game.
    suka likes this.
  11. Nockturnal Well-Known Member

I think it is good to visit this subject every now and then. I want the Tradeskill Apprentices to stay valid and as current as possible. I am happy with the potions but would like to see some added bonuses. There has been some good ideas listed in this thread so far. I wonder what the Devs will come up with.
    HaphazardAllure and Sigrdrifa like this.
  12. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree. Tradeskill Apprentices were a nice enough idea, but the implementation failed to properly address all the classes. They totally missed the mark with carpenters, who never got to make any really worthwhile house items. Provisioners somehow learned how to fashion a belt and jewelry wasn't the sole property of jewelers. Aside from that, the whole thing was a poorly disguised timesink to delay the introduction of items.

The only true positive has been some of the potions rewarded from the daily questing (progress / rare harvest). If they do anything with what folks are really looking for out of these apprentices, they should work the loot chance mechanic into the daily / weekly scheme and put the potions on a vendor for faction coin.
    suka likes this.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

yeah really - where have they been?
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I make all my alts train their apprentices daily, because I NEED the potions, particularly the harvesting and innovation potions:
    I use the innovation potion anytime I craft a Grandmaster or anything else with expensive rares.
  15. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I rarely harvest anymore. I have 8 pack ponies and 8 goblins always going. I end up with 3 boxes of rares holding 99,999 of every item in all 3 of my houses that I have on one toon during the course of an expansion. If I did nothing but tradeskill in this game, I still wouldn't use up all of these rares and raw materials. I've not seriously harvested for rares in SEVERAL expansions because of the ponies and goblins. So no need for Bountiful potions for me.

I use the Hastened Learning on my 7 crafter alts that used to be lowbies, but now they all are max level, and working on their last 5-8 AA points. If these potions didn't exist, I wouldn't miss them. Since I have hundreds of them spread across 8 toons, I just use them to use them.

The ONLY potions I never seem to have enough of are the Progress ones. I do the weekly and all the dailies from Maldura on one crafter a day (and 2 on Saturday). It takes about 10 minutes to do all the daily and the 1 weekly per toon, but with the Progress potion, it shaves off 7 minutes of crafting time. If I'm short on Progress potions, I'll use some Innovation potions for the combines. I make 1 of the 5 combines for a TS quest, and if there is no lag and I'm lucky, I can get the last 4 combines done in those precious 10 seconds from that Inno pot. If not, I'm doing the 5th combine like I did the 1st combine....slowly.

I only use Critical Success potions when I'm making things that use rare items (armor, green adorns, poisons). Though, I never seem to get Brell's blessing during these combines, but I'll get 5 Brell's during my daily Maldura combines!!! Gee thanks for the 5 fuels back.

I've never used one of the yellow Success ones.
    Laiina likes this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Are you getting the pony/goblin to bring home primordial shards, foundations, and spellshards? That's what I spend my time harvesting.
    Laiina, Deveryn, suka and 1 other person like this.
  17. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I still love Bountiful Harvest potions, as I do enjoy harvesting on occasion! The potions of progress and innovation are also pretty sweet.
    Nockturnal, suka and HaphazardAllure like this.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

well, i still harvest and all of my tradeskill toons are max adventure as well as tradeskill. i have a lot of babies so i still use hastened learning. of all of the potions, the ones i don't use are success and critical success. never found i needed either of them. and you can pass rares to me if you don't need them. i never seem to have enough with all of the armor i make, and that my guild needs, and all of the carpentry items i make
  19. Nockturnal Well-Known Member

Now it wouldn't bother me one bit if they would ever so slowly increase these to our apprentices. :)
    Kittybock and Ruckus like this.
  20. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I have no real use for foundations because I'm nearly GMed out on all of my abilities, Those that I still need are not that important for me, TBH. As for primordials, I went out and got the ones I wanted ASAP.

I only have one character that I care about. The other 7 toons are support crafters to take care of the toon that I've played 99.9% of the time since launch. Even if those 7 other toons were swashbucklers, I still wouldn't play them or gear them up. No other class really interests me, even though I've tried to play a brigand and assassin as alts when I was bored...which lasted like a day. I then just focused on making yet another crafter.

I have a level 20 EVIL swashbuckler that I moved from the PvP server to HoF PvE server during the free transfer. He's parked in Freeport and he can do things that my good-aligned swashbuckler cannot do. I just might turn him into a sage, but the idea of doing all of the TS questlines to get that sage up to speed with my other 8 crafters, has me balking at the idea. If I'm bored enough to level up a sage, then I can be doing something productive in real life. Even if I did get him to level 100, I have 0 interest in playing him like I do my beloved Ruckus. I already have another level 100 swashbuckler that I've put 0 effort into playing (just made her to be my armorer, and no other class interested me.

Now, if they came up with a "battle mage" type of class that was a leather-wearing mage that did melee damage and casted spells, I'd totally play that class and turn that toon into a sage. haha