ToV Preview Ethereal Jewelry Drop Locations

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Xelgad, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Snapshot Active Member

the 25% isn't.
  2. Malleria Well-Known Member

Here's hoping. It's cool and all that the devs are looking at risky itemization, and having to think about whether it's really worth using in any given situation, but they also have to understand the community that exists today isn't that intelligent. Any death anymore is being attributed to the healer and their skill level, so instead of a dps class thinking 'huh, maybe I should take this item off, it's clearly not worth it if I'm dying all the time', it'll be 'omg you suck noob healer!'.
    Daalilama likes this.
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

These items were meant to worn with a full set of the new gear we are getting when the expac comes out. Mix and matching it with our current gear is leading to confusion. I'd suggest a wait and see period.
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

What about the new gear do you think will solve the issue they raised? It doesn't matter if you have 100 HP or 100,000,000 HP, 25% is 25%.

Especially considering the one heal proc we've seen on the ring is pitifully inadequate. A 6k heal when the wearer gets the killing shot doesn't even begin to make up for the damage proc on the ear.
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

I have the STR/AGI/WIS/INT boost on a deathblow wrist. And I have the ring on my do want list.

I play a AOE class, both will be great for the way I play.

The ear doesn't interest me because it doesn't fit my play-style.

And I look at it like the the old choker from SoF, use it at you own risk.

And lastly, its preview gear, it could very well be that the raid gear will have even better healing procs. Like I said I'm going to wait and see.
  6. Karagon Active Member

I know it's just a part of the script - i just find it dumb just to wait when i already killed the adds... Let it be interruptable after adds are dead please... There is really no point just waiting, just wasting time doing nothing. Just remember Xalgoz.. you clicked the shields - it stopped heal. It was good. This named - is really boring and bad designed...
  7. Atan Well-Known Member

Has it been confirmed these drop off EM and CM versions of these bosses?

And if it drops off either, is the drop chance equal between both versions, ie am I helping or hurting my chances by choosing to do CM bosses.

The rumors flying around is doing CM is hurting your chances...
  8. Wurm Well-Known Member

We've gotten more Eth drops in EM but I have seen one in CM. So sorry I can't quell the rumor mill.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

Yeah, been hearing this from multiple sources. Hoping its just RNG tin foil hats.
  10. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

Did Mrelg usually cm every time in advanced solo, only got crap. Wifey does him in EM and got one. She got 3 ethereal drops right now. 2 from em solo and one from heroic chelsith. None done in CM. Did Heroic Wurmbone Cliff with CM Boss... got an ethereal, but only one of the old belts.
  11. Wurm Well-Known Member

The CM one that dropped for us was the earring.
  12. Whitetide Active Member

Got the WE/WB solo drop yesterday. Only took a couple weeks of farming the zone 2-5 times a day :) Now if I could just win a roll on the WE heroic drop that I have already seen a few times off EM.