ToV Preview Ethereal Jewelry Drop Locations

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Xelgad, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Xelgad Developer

The patch notes implied that these four items are all on a shared loot table, but that is not the case. They actually drop from the end bosses of the zones specified below.

Tear Sparkling Bracelet - Wurmbone's End [Advanced Solo] and Wurmbone's Crag [Advanced Solo]

Fragmented Hoops of Veeshan's Tear - Wurmbone's End and Wurmbone's Crag [the group versions]

Prismatic Band of Veeshan - Chelsith: The Ancient Vault [Advanced Solo]

Fractured Sliver of Veeshan's Tear - Chelsith: The Ancient Vault [the group version]

We're working with EQ2Wire to make this type of information more readily available to you guys in the future.

Happy treasure hunting!
  2. Arieste Well-Known Member

Any chance of there being a healer-centric item of the same quality in the future?

Getting tired of healers always getting the shaft on "elite" items... drinal mythicals, nox incessit, rancor, hydra-scale shackle, now these. Yes, they're usable by healers, but they are far superior for every other class, so that inevitably it would be heavily frowned upon if a healer rolled on any such item.

So... can we get something healer-centric one day? I'm tired of continuously running dozens of people through zones to get these items, to never have a chance at anything similar myself. Where is my 400k ward proc? Or at least a CB/Potency proc that triggers on beneficial casts? Anything?
    macatk, Malleria and Bolbir like this.
  3. Bolbir Active Member

Was just thinking the same! Was it back in TsO in one of the Guk zones last time there was a zone worthy to do because there was a good healer item "Rolling pin" something iirc?

1 or 2 good healer item per expansion is not to much to ask for ;)
  4. Arieste Well-Known Member

There have been good healer items - the other set of Ethereals had some healer items, but those healer items alwys have non-healer equivalents, whcih is fair enough. It just seems that all these "super" items never have healer versions.
  5. Bolbir Active Member

The ethereals is random happy drops, not the same as item x drops in zone x, lets go there.
  6. Kcool005 Active Member

Really no tank stats on any of them either... like Block >.<
  7. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Nice possible drops, but no one lures me inside of this instances ^^ they just annoy me ;) (ok, maybe chelsith ^^)
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Drinal Mythicals are also useless for Mages, so not totally singled out there.
    Hydra-Scale Shackle works just as well for a healer as it does for most classes, if you want the pot/cb boost. Same for Mages/Tanks.
    Rancor is also easily useable as a healer, the same as the HM version belt is. Granted they are better for scouts, but then Healers have always have the luxury of 100% Abil reuse.

For all the other Ethereals, the Healer one was one of the best ears, the 1 hander was alright if you were a templar/fury, and the SG Mythicals the healer one is by far one of the best again.

If anything, of the new Ethereals, the Hoop is almost best for a healer class, as you know most of the time you will be able to keep up with the healing on it. All 4 are pretty generic and don't favour any classes at all imo.
  9. Arieste Well-Known Member

Usable by healers - yes. But none of the items mentioned that have procs proc on beneficial. Meaning, that for 50% or more of a healer's casts, they're useless. And yes, for a healer to take an item from a scout that has extremely rare ability reuse is also not good.

My point isn't that a healer can't make use of these items. It's that in a group - most of which are run "NBG" - it would be considered extremely greedy for a healer to take one of these items from someone that can use it better. It's not like these are quest rewards that everyone gets. In order to get any of these items, you need to take away from at least 5 other people in the group - ALL OF WHOM - have a better claim to the item than a healer. Basically, SOE is asking me to be an s-hat to my own groupmates if i want one of these.

With SG mythicals and old Ethereals - there were items for all classes. So if you ran a zone for mythicals, everyone in the group had a chance. If i run WBE/WBC or Chelsith as a healer, there is no chance for me to get anything unless i want to screw somebody over. When you set up something like this where groups are expected to run stuff over and over in the hope of a reward, there needs to be a reward that is clearly meant for each archetype. Maybe not in the same zone, but in general. They made 4 items. None for healers.

You say the hoop is good for healers? How the hell does it help you keep your group alive better if you're constantly taking 25% hp dmg on yourself? Healers do have to DPS, but it's not our primary job - none of these items help keep the group alive except via the base stat increase. You can't be serious that you would think it's a good idea for a healer to take that hoop - which only procs on offensive - from a scout or mage.

You're right that they don't favour any particular class. But they all favour non-healer classes. None have beneficial effects for others. None are triggered by beneficials - which is what healers cast most of the time. Even the stat-increase one only increases WIS, which has no benefit to a healer's beneficial spells.
    Bolbir likes this.
  10. Quabi Active Member

As a healer, I passed on the Sliver in a PuG, but I would roll for the Hoops if I see them drop. I feel like I can get basically just as much out of the Blooded Blade proc as anyone else. It's definitely better to have that proc on a healer than a tank, imo.
  11. Kham Active Member

You people are something else. how is that earring not usefull for a healer. 30 - 70k zw dps is 30 - 70k zw dps and alot easier to heal on yourself solo healing than a mage. also how is the wrists any better for anyone else than a healer? the only piece that is pretty streamlined is the ring that would be primarily for a tank, and only usefull for powerleveling. if anyone got hosed on hese items it was tanks.

Also to respond to the comment of it not being being your job to dps as a healer, well, thats pretty much a very bad view point. This one time a really amaing player by the name of Profe gave me some really good advice. Its every players job to do as much dps as possible while maintaining your other objective. your not really doing much as a healer if an encounter requires 20k hps but your hitting enough buttons to do 55 and its getting wasted. also that earring is hardly noticible in even solo heal groups. we have 4 or 5 in raid 3 in the solo heal mage group and did 4sw drinal on stack without a problem.
  12. Quabi Active Member

For the Sliver, WIS only affects our DPS, and our DPS is (hopefully) the lowest in the group, so the group gains the least with that item on a healer. I wouldn't complain if a healer rolled on it in my group, but I would have felt a little selfish taking it over the other people in the group who were drooling over it.

EDIT: Well, I guess you could argue healer DPS == utility/tank DPS. The group I was in happened to have a tank and four T1 DPS though, heh.
  13. Arieste Well-Known Member

It's not your primary job as a healer to DPS. If the raid needs more DPS, you bring a DPS class, not a healer. It's still your job to get as much DPS as you can as a healer, but doing damage is not why groups bring healers.

Are you saying, that the hoop will do identical DPS for a healer - for whom it doesn't proc on 50% or more of their actions - and for any other class for whom it would proc on 100% of actions?

At the end of the day, all 4 of those items are intended to increase DPS. And given the choice, whose DPS in the raid would you buff first in order of priority: Healers? No. You would buff scout/mage/tank dps before buffing a healer's DPS.

How often do your chanters put EV on your healers? I mean, potency improves a healers DPS too (not to mention heals)! How often does your defiler get UT? I mean, we have DoTs, UT would be of great benefit! The point is not that healers can't use DPS or DPS buffs or DPS procs. We can. The point is that those things are better for other classes than they are for healers. If you're trying to improve your group or raid DPS, you give the beast DPS proc to the person that will proc it the most.
  14. Bolbir Active Member

Depending on the situation, zone/named fight etc. Basicly no matter how hard/easy it is, you still do as much dps as possible will keeping everyone up, But back to topic and the reason behind i guess, why not have a nice item similiar to nox belt or siren shackle that actually inreased your out going heals that all healers would go for??? ;)
  15. Kari Well-Known Member

I agree, it would be nice to see some items that proc on beneficial casts. I have a feeling that my defiler isn't going to be getting a lot of killing blows.

Unfortunately I am not seeing any reason to go for these over my current battleground jewelry.
  16. Bolbir Active Member

Another good point "bg /afk easy super gear" why bother to do heroic content as a healer??
  17. Kari Well-Known Member

I ran a few of them last night because I enjoy playing with a group of friends, but it was kind of a bummer knowing that I wasn't going to be going for any of the loot.

However we had a fabled cloak drop with a red adorn, which I am wondering if it is new? I don't remember the good red adorns dropping in heroic instances.
  18. Bolbir Active Member

Ive seen the red slot cloak from ancient vault a couple of times and there is red slot charms from st contested. But yes i wouldnt need on the new ethereal as a healer to.
  19. JonnyJJJ New Member

I think they said going forward that jewelry is not going to be blue stat heavy and focus more on effects.
  20. Ishidaa New Member

For the wurmbone zones do the items drop off the Hm and EM versions?