ToV Fighter Gear Thread

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Regolas, Oct 29, 2013.

1. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Since you probably have less Potency than in older gear, the Ability Mod cap is actually lower. As a monk, I find most of my abilities cap out at around 6k Ability Mod. However, I doubt its worth the opportunity cost to go over 4k-ish.

Under the new paradigm, I doubt we'll be able to get every stat we'd like to have up to the levels we'd prefer. Compromises must be made. Personally, I have been focusing on keeping Ability Reuse and Casting Speed at 100% (for chaining my awesome monk temps), Multiattack around 120-ish for the guaranteed second attack, Attack Speed right at 200 for the full 125% delay reduction, and as much DPS mod as I can get. This is with the defensive armor, with a mix of Block Chance and Mitigation Increase, to keep my uncontested block up to at least 55%, while getting as much mitigation as possible. My DPS is definitely not great, but it's trivial to get to 50-60% hate gain, which makes holding aggro a breeze. Since I have access to Crane Flock, I have chosen to reforge out of AE Auto to maximize my other stats. I think this is an important point: you don't need all your stats maxed all the time, so work with your AAs and temps to find a good compromise that will get the job done in various situations.
  2. Wulwyrlyn Active Member

I've been using a mix of gear. Potency mostly, with a tank piece or two and a weapon dmg bonus piece or two thrown in. A balance, basically. I didn't want to sacrifice too much potency. My logic was this: I'm not doing raids (yet, maybe later). But I am doing the hardest TOV heroic content. And it has tons and tons of AOE stuff in it (oozes and oozes of them! /ducks). And I love the pew pew pew instant cast AOE chains.

I'm not in any raid gear (though I did disco some of the upgraded potent pieces on my guys). My stuff isn't amazing, etc. But I have been able to do over a million on single target TOV bosses in defensive. And much more AOE. I'm sure that's nothing to a raid geared person or an SK or something but I was pretty darn happy about that. Especially considering I'm super super ghetto and weilding a 4 second wep and a 6 second wep at the moment (LOL sooo ghetto~).

And in the easy instances, with reckless on, the aoes hit *insanely* hard w/the potency set.

This might not be as good of choice (berserker) as going for the weapon damage bonus set. It's a tough call. I'm still wondering if I'm making the right choice. There's probably a point where if your flurry gets high enough, it's better to have the WDB set. But, like the president of old, "i was told there would be no math" and someone else will have to run the numbers. =0

I do have to go left hand side (and mitigation dragon AA) for the third TOV dungeon.

As for mit vs block. As a berserker I prefer mitigation stuff. As a monk I'd prefer block I think.

And my goodness my monk is squishy as ***** compared to Wul. lol. Have to be left hand side for the easier ToV heroics or I'm just too squishy! Gear is horrible though on my monk, but meh. :)
  3. Extremeties Member

I'm still trying to figure out a mix of gear where I can do pretty decent dmg and tank well(if it's even possible) for heroics. I'm at the point where I want to start tanking heroics but gear wise I'm not sure what mix of gear I should use. I've got a bunch of advanced solo gear that I'm waiting to upgrade and put with my set. Any recommendations on a mix of gear for a Berserker that can do decent dmg and tank for heroics? I usually tank in all mmos so tanking is something I prefer but eq2 seems like a whole another beast for groups then other games

Also, Wul. Are you tanking dual wielding? Or sword/shield? Is tanking the new heroics viable dual wielding or is sword/board the only way for a berserker in the heroics?
  4. Wulwyrlyn Active Member

I normally dual weild. But for some mobs (final boss in ToV betrayal zone, and the final ToV heroic zone) i use a shield. You'll wanna have both. But normally I dual weild. I don't know abuot gear, I've made a mix of potency and weapon damage gear. It seems to work well. I also have a tank (mitigation) set in my bags for the final ToV heroic.
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

Finally hit half a mill HP (SB) today... and I still have a lot of upgrades to go.
  6. Luceus Member

I want to have two sets of gear, the super defensive is pretty easy, but what would you guys recommend for a zerker for an offensive/dps/heroic set? I was sticking with potency in my gear for the reckless part, but since I will be tanking most of my encounters (I'm not an OT in raid), reckless is not good any longer with today's fix.

So, should I still stick with potency, or should I go heavy melee offensive stats with +weapon damage, etc? Thanks!
  7. Extremeties Member

What happened to reckless? Still seems the same for my zerker
  8. The Jones Active Member

I'm wondering about reckless as well. I don't see anything in the update notes, unless there is something going in today...

If you're not going with potency though I would think the obvious choice for a zerker would be the melee gear with WDB to get the most out of your 100% AE auto. Then you'd probably reforge any extra stats to get a reasonable amount of ability mod/reuse. I personally can't live without casting speed, but that's my problem.
  9. Regolas Well-Known Member

My limited experience of tank gear (just started to seriously look at it now I've got my main reasonably geared), is that going the full defence set is not really a viable option as it offers little to reforge into needed dps stats.

I personally am going for a mixture of ability and auto (the non AE ones for my zerker) with a few pieces of defence.

Having not tanked any of the heroics yet I'm not sure how important some of the tank stats are. Sure for raiding it's important but HP levels "seem" to be the most important thing in tanking from looking in from the outside.

For a pure dps spec, either ability (with good reforging) or the autoattack sets will work. One will mean your damage will be weighted on autoattack, while the other will need more button pressing to maximize dps through your CAs.

I'm probably more in favor of the +hp ability sets with reforging to get the other stats, as more HP is always good. Plus I'm hitting the CAs anyway, they might as well make a difference to my parse.